Author Topic: Overseas competitors?  (Read 43843 times)

Offline desperate

• www.britchopper.co.uk
Overseas competitors?
« on: February 15, 2015, 08:00:36 AM »
The Brit's are coming back. Even after the disappointment of last year, where we never even got our bikes out of the vans, which was a bit of a pain for my team as we were going to sleep in ours on the "Bend". Ended up getting ripped off by a motel owner who raised his prices from $40 to $175 a night because it was Speed Week, even though everyone was going home!
Can't wait, my Indian Scout is now supercharged, & the whole team has some pretty good machines, we're shipping over a 40ft container full of them. "Salt Fever" is a horrible disease, it empties your wallet & makes you live in your garage for every spare second.
Anyone else coming from overseas?
Don't push me, I'm close to the edge.

Offline kiwi belly tank

Re: Overseas competitors?
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2015, 10:08:57 AM »
Salt Fever is a terminal disease, it even makes people change countries but you WILL eventually die with it.  :dhorse:
This really is sick! :-)
  Sid.

Offline Speed Limit 1000

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2015, 02:21:40 PM »
I think it is twisted, if you are sick, someone might cure you
John Gowetski, red hat @ 221.183 MPH MSA Lakester, Bockscar #1000 60 ci normally aspirated w/N20

Offline Dr Goggles

• The Jarman-Stewart "Spirit of Sunshine" Bellytank
    • "Australian Bellytank" , http://thespiritofsunshine.blogspot.com/
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2015, 02:29:20 PM »
The Brit's are coming back. Even after the disappointment of last year, where we never even got our bikes out of the vans, which was a bit of a pain for my team as we were going to sleep in ours on the "Bend". Ended up getting ripped off by a motel owner who raised his prices from $40 to $175 a night because it was Speed Week, even though everyone was going home!
Can't wait, my Indian Scout is now supercharged, & the whole team has some pretty good machines, we're shipping over a 40ft container full of them. "Salt Fever" is a horrible disease, it empties your wallet & makes you live in your garage for every spare second.
Anyone else coming from overseas?

We were there too, just maintaining the average that at least a third of the salt meets I go to are cancelled. Won't be able to get back there this year, will be busy working on the tank, incurable.
Few understand what I'm trying to do but they vastly outnumber those who understand why...................

http://thespiritofsunshine.blogspot.com/

Current Australian E/GL record holder at 215.041mph

THE LUCKIEST MAN IN SLOW BUSINESS.

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2015, 10:02:03 PM »
I think it is twisted, if you are sick, someone might cure you

We all know there is no cure... just treatment... speed and salt are short term, but like most treatments it takes more and more the older you get.
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline firemanjim

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2015, 02:39:25 PM »
Suspect we will have the usual assortment of Aussies that seem to accumulate at my place heading over.
Bonneville 2001,2002,2003,2004,and NO stinking 2005,DLRA 2006, next?
Well,sure can't complain about 2008--6 records over 200 and 5 hats from Bonneville,Bubs, and El Mirage for the team!

Offline paso54

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2015, 03:01:09 PM »
Just Paid my BNI membership with Jo Ann at the SCTA office one more step on our way  :cheers:  :-D

In the Container with Desperate 8-)

Offline CharlieR

• New folks
  • Team FooRyi Racing
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2015, 04:23:36 AM »
Nuggets booked again.
Think I can remember the way from the shippers in LA to Wendover via Vegas.
Just waiting on the charge cooler coming from BigCC then it is a bit of set-up time on the dyno and will be good to go.
Also in the container with Desperate, Mex John, Steve French & Dave Branch and Paso.

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2015, 11:45:03 AM »
"Also in the container with Desperate, Mex John, Steve French & Dave Branch and Paso."

Make sure you guys take enuf food and water -- and check the vents.
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline paso54

« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2015, 12:07:56 PM »
Its the only way to Travel Stan  :-D   :cheers:

Offline bearingburner

« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2015, 01:51:46 PM »
You might want to think about a couple of covered pails. Long way to hold it.

Offline Kiwi Paul

« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2015, 12:31:28 AM »
Fellas.....How many of you are involved in shipping your bikes over this year? I am asking as my wife`s favourite  niece`s husband (now follow that one ) is a huge Rudge fanatic, and is building one to bring over and run. He lives in Dublin (and yes, my wife is Irish.....) and I would be keen to get him going with you guys as I am sure it would be cheaper to do it the way you guys are. If anyone would care to shoot me some Emails on a PM, I`ll forward them and see if I can get you together.....

Offline Milwaukee Midget

• Global Moderator
    • Milwaukee Midget Racing
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2015, 09:34:12 AM »
I understand the Project 64 Mini out of New Zealand is planning to return this year.

I think they just pack it up in the overhead on the flight . . .
"Problems are almost always a sign of progress."  Harold Bettes
Well, I guess we're making a LOT of progress . . .  :roll:

Offline lsrjunkie

« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2015, 09:41:20 AM »
I've been following these fellas for some time.

https://www.facebook.com/AAALandSpeedRacing

They should be here from Australia in August. Really cool little bike, and a great bunch of guys.
Maybe there is no Heaven. Or maybe this is all pure gibberish. The product of a demented hill billy who has found a way to live out where the winds blow. To sleep late, have fun, drink whiskey, and drive fast on empty streets with nothing in mind except falling in love or getting arrested.    H.S. Thompson

Offline maj

« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2015, 05:29:41 PM »
Yep i think there joining our container , looks like 4 or so bikes from Aussie