Author Topic: Bonneville Simulation Program  (Read 2800 times)

Offline robfrey

• carbinitelsr
Bonneville Simulation Program
« on: February 12, 2015, 11:54:14 AM »
I have been using Performance Trends software products for years. I as well as some other very big name engine builders have had excellent results with their engine simulation program. Their Drag Race Pro simulation program has had "5 mile Bonneville" as a mode for checking speed, G-forces, time, for years but recently I have convinced Kevin to add a 6.5 mile option for getting speed predictions on the international course. I also convinced him to give us average speed of both the 4 to 5 mile and the 5.5 to 6.5 mile. As an added bonus he addressed the problem we had simulating the Carbiliner as the downforce and aero drag continue to change as the car increases its speed and we let the rear flap down. He did this by giving us a aero dynamic table that we can plug our drag and down force coefficient numbers in at different speeds. Another neat feature of the Drag Racing Pro program is that one can import an engine file from the Performance Trends engine simulation program. That means I can make a camshaft change within the engine simulator and immediately see how it will effect my Bonneville run.
As in every program, one must put the most accurate data in every field (garbage in = garbage out).  Also, anything good is not cheap and cheap things are seldom good. I have found both of these programs to be very wise investments and good place to spend some of my hot rod dollars.

You can download these programs and test drive them for free before you buy.
BTw, Performance trends does not sponsor me in any way. I am just trying to share with everybody my experiences with a great product at a fair price.
496 BGS
carbinitelsr.com
carbiniteracing.com
carbinite.com

Offline jacksoni

Jack Iliff
 G/BGS-250.235 1987
 G/GC- 193.550 2021
  G/FAlt- 193.934 2021 (196.033 best)
 G/GMS-182.144 2019

Offline robfrey

• carbinitelsr