Author Topic: It's winter in the NorthEast  (Read 12952 times)

Offline Milwaukee Midget

• Global Moderator
    • Milwaukee Midget Racing
Re: It's winter in the NorthEast
« Reply #45 on: February 23, 2015, 12:22:39 PM »
harvested the very sweet grapefruit from my neighbors tree and helped him trim it yesterday.  50 F 8:45 AM  brilliant sunshine

It's not that we haven't had brilliant sunshine - it's just that it's reflecting off of the snow.

I heard they're expecting sleet in Boston, which should provide a nice glaze upon the 100 inches they've already received.

I've lived to tell the tale of crummy winters, but 100 inches of snow in a city whose streets were laid out before the revolutionary war has got to be a nightmare beyond the pale.
"Problems are almost always a sign of progress."  Harold Bettes
Well, I guess we're making a LOT of progress . . .  :roll:

Offline bearingburner

« Reply #46 on: February 23, 2015, 09:05:12 PM »
4" of snow Saturday BUT it got above freezing yesterday afternoon. First time since early January.Today however temps in low teens this afternoon and winds in  20mph + range.

Offline floydjer

• "There is no duck side of the moon..."
« Reply #47 on: February 24, 2015, 08:43:45 AM »
9 degrees and snow. I`m not saying it`s windy....But Margaret Hamilton just slammed into the back wall of the shop on her bike...Toto is OK
I`d never advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone...But they work for me.

Offline bearingburner

« Reply #48 on: February 24, 2015, 09:20:18 AM »
-14*F at 5:30 AM here. Tied all time low temp record for Feb. in Springfield MA -19*F