Author Topic: Aluminum sidecar wheel  (Read 1798 times)

Offline debgeo

Aluminum sidecar wheel
« on: February 08, 2015, 11:39:10 PM »
I am looking for someone who can manufacture an aluminum wheel for my sidecar. I have been offered blueprints for an approved wheel but was told I needed engineering for each wheel made. I do not understand why the we cannot use a wheel that has been approved. It would eliminate a lot of extra work. So I am looking for someone to make and certify an aluminum wheel for 200 mph. If anyone on this site can do it or if I can be guided to someone who would I would greatly appreciate it. THANKS.
p.s. This is a great site.  George
George---Sidecar in progress

Offline Peter Jack

Re: Aluminum sidecar wheel
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2015, 12:25:58 AM »
Try "Podunk". He's in the member list and he's done some really nice work for several of the regulars on this site.

Pete

Offline bak189

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2015, 09:46:36 AM »
If you are going for a small dia. wheel for the chair.....look into a 5 inch dia. "old" top fuel front wheel with Goodyear tire...(check with Kent at Airtech he had some in the past) and that wheel is approved for both SCTA/BNI and BMST...........If you are going for a "big" wheel get a 17inch dia. from Summit with tire .... again a front runner for top fuel dragsters.....both approved and speed rated......might be a cheaper way to go..............

PS. if you are planning on doing any LSR on "pavement" a solid wheel is not good.................................
Question authority.....always

Offline robfrey

• carbinitelsr
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2015, 10:54:10 PM »
If you feel you must have aluminum wheel/tie call Podunk! He is awesome!
496 BGS
carbinitelsr.com
carbiniteracing.com
carbinite.com