Author Topic: Bike Class question  (Read 5855 times)

Offline Grassman09

• New folks
Bike Class question
« on: February 08, 2015, 07:28:02 PM »
 I ran at bonnieville motorcycle speed trials in the run what you brung last year for the first time .  So now I am hooked.  I bought a 2001 hayabusa and I am having a hard time figuring out what class it is. It has an airbox mod full race exhaust and different sprockets and a power programmer and a rear seat cowl. So that class does the bike fit in.

Thanks

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
Re: Bike Class question
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2015, 07:40:32 PM »
GM - the reasons I sent you here are manifold.  First of all -- BMST run AMA rules and I don't know them, but others on this Forum sure as heck do.  They'll be able to give you good scoop.

Also -- you gotta get introduced to hoi polloi here and asking a valid question is a good way to start - since you'll find out how helpful the land speed racers can be.

Final thing -- you didn't fill in your location when you registered.  You'd better do so soon.  We like to know so that we can maybe figure out that you're in the neighborhood and therefore can be the target of a Saturday morning ride and coffee - and stuff like that.  If you don't fill in the location (back on the registration page there's a blank for it - city and state is usually enough) - - if you don't, I will.  And I betcha that I'll put you in a place that isn't what it says on your true mailing address. :evil: :roll:

Welcome to the Forum.

Later:

Dang -- you filled in your location.  I was looking forward to placing you in - unh, mmm - -Constricted Cloaca, California.  Yeah -- that'd be a fine place to be - from. :-D
« Last Edit: February 08, 2015, 09:07:51 PM by Seldom Seen Slim »
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline donpearsall

• http://soundappraisal.com
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2015, 09:00:33 PM »
The fact that the exhaust and intake have been modified means you will run in the MPS-1350 category. It is not eligible for the production category now. Please review all the rules at http://bonnevillespeedtrials.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/AMA-LSGC-SR-2014-v11-1.pdf (but always subject to change).

Also, make absolutely sure sure that the displacement has not been changed to be over 1350. The stock displacement is 1298cc. If it is over 1350 you will run in MPS 1650.

Good luck.

Don
550 hp 2003 Suzuki Hayabusa Land Speed Racer

Offline wobblywalrus

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2015, 09:24:51 PM »
A picture will help, especially of the back end and any modifications.

Offline maj

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2015, 11:24:12 PM »
Yeah a stock tail has trouble passing tech as a M/MPS on a busa , but takes a lot of changes to be an A/APS class bike

Offline Grassman09

• New folks
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2015, 03:20:39 PM »
I have tried to attach a picture of the tail of the bike but it said the file was to big. 

Offline wobblywalrus

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2015, 09:59:07 PM »
Put the pointer over the picture and right click the mouse. Look for the "Open With" option and select it.  Open the photo in "Microsoft Office 2010"  Select "Picture" from the menu.  Click "Resize" from the picture menu.  Choose "Document-Small."  The picture size needs to be smaller than 500.  That is how I make them small enough to post.