Author Topic: Performance Trends Bonneville software  (Read 2683 times)

Offline jacksoni

Performance Trends Bonneville software
« on: February 05, 2015, 09:51:36 PM »
At the instigation of the Carbiliner folks, Performance trends has added features to their drag race software to produce predictions for LSR. Might be of interest to some. I have used other Performance trends products and find them well done.

http://performancetrends.com/Bonneville-land-speed-record-computer-simulation.htm
Jack Iliff
 G/BGS-250.235 1987
 G/GC- 193.550 2021
  G/FAlt- 193.934 2021 (196.033 best)
 G/GMS-182.144 2019

Offline fordboy628

• GONE FISHIN' . . .
Re: Performance Trends Bonneville software
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2015, 06:21:08 AM »
At the instigation of the Carbiliner folks, Performance trends has added features to their drag race software to produce predictions for LSR. Might be of interest to some. I have used other Performance trends products and find them well done.

http://performancetrends.com/Bonneville-land-speed-record-computer-simulation.htm

I use a lot of Performance Trends software/hardware.     Kevin has always been receptive to feedback from racers about his simulation and other software.

All I know about this program however, is what was in the press release.    I believe it is a "extended track length" version of 'Drag Race Pro'.

I am currently using "Bonneville Pro" from RSA.    It was not all that accurate about the simulated performance of the Milwaukee Midget, but then again, nobody else was either, including me . . . . . . .     No doubt this was due to lack of good input info on our part.    It's the computer programmers old story . . . . GIGO!
 :cheers:
Fordboy
Science, NOT Magic . . . .

I used to be a people person.  But people changed that relationship.

"There is nothing permanent except change."    Heraclitus

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."     Albert Einstein

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2015, 07:06:34 AM »
Looks interesting, it would have been nice to have a feature that has the estimated 2.25 entry speeds and the 5 mile exit speed for comparisons to actual Long course time slips. 
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline robfrey

• carbinitelsr
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2015, 11:00:16 PM »

Looks interesting, it would have been nice to have a feature that has the estimated 2.25 entry speeds and the 5 mile exit speed for comparisons to actual Long course time slips. 

It has that and a lot more! I am also trying to get Kevin to either incorporate or build a separate program for parachute sizing!  I can't believe someone hasn't made an app for this already.
Kevin is probably one of the nations best authorities on automotive math. He's a seriously smart guy!
496 BGS
carbinitelsr.com
carbiniteracing.com
carbinite.com