Author Topic: A question about the recent Las Vegas SEMA show (re: North American Eagle)  (Read 4303 times)

Offline tallguy

I'm curious -- and please understand that I'm not trying to be difficult or too nosy here . . .

Assuming that the North American Eagle was on display at the SEMA show in Las Vegas in
November 2014 in order to generate more interest (financing) for the project . . .

Would you consider this appearance at the show a success?  No doubt it was expensive.

Did it attract enough donations/sponsors to justify all of the expense and effort?

I'm not trying to embarrass anyone.  If you prefer not to respond, I understand.
I honestly wish success for the NAE project -- the sooner, the better, in fact. 
I wish I were in a financial position to donate millions of dollars to help you all
succeed.  I'm just wondering how it went at the SEMA show.

Offline ski123

You pose very interesting questions.
I have nothing positive to add to this discussion.
Although this may be on track....... :dhorse: :dhorse:

Offline F104A

• http://www.landspeed.com
We spent about $8000 to travel down to the SEMA show. Because of the complexity of unloading, setting up, staffing the display and the return home, it required 10 team members to take vacation from work to support the event. The people responsible for placing us in a visable location had no idea how big the vehicle is and would not listen to me. Therefore we were put out in the back side ally (B parking lot). They also did not place any information in their program that we were there so few people knew we were there and even more people could not find us. So the answer is, NO, it was not worth it. We found no sponsors and even the celebrities that walked past us (we were located in the back lot where they can sneak the celebrities into the building unnoticed) paid little or no attention to us. I'm sure if we were the British, we would have been treated like royalty but that is just my opinion.
Ed