Author Topic: For The First Time  (Read 3950 times)

Offline garrell patterson

For The First Time
« on: January 04, 2015, 07:55:59 AM »
This May's event will be the first that I won't be able to attend since the inaugural Ohio Mile and for three years in a row I was the first entrant down the track because I am a chronic insomniac and I would be sitting in the parking lot across the highway from the gate. I appreciate all of the help and making us welcome from the first time I showed up at Maxton then coming back the next month to the final event and breaking and setting a six year old record and establishing the first Ohio Mile record with eventually six total records I will always be proud of.
On Christmas Eve while having dinner and stacks of presents being opened by our two adult  Daughters, their husbands and our five Grandchildren I suffered another stroke. I am selling my beautiful 55,000 mile pamper black SS Silverado truck and was or I am going to say am building what I intend on being the fastest vehicle I have ever owned and I have been fortunate to have owned some pretty fast ones.I wanted to shake things up a bit, after almost fifty years of Hotrodding and racing Chevys and GM Products I am building my first Ford, a 2004 Mustang GT. I am selling one of my Corvettes and will always keep one.
I wish everyone good luck and safety
Garrell
garrell patterson

Offline edinlr

Re: For The First Time
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2015, 10:26:24 PM »
Garrell
Sorry to hear about the stroke, but the good thing is that your daughters were there to call 911 for you.  I am in the rehab business and have dealt with 100's of stroke patients.  The good thing is the research for men your age is so complete that they have the medicine and rehab programs finely tuned for you.  Make sure you have a good physician that does this all the time and go to an experienced therapy program and hopefully they will have you back close to 100%.  Wish you the very best in your recovery.
Ed
Honda CX650 turbo, Kawasaki H2 Ninja, Kawasaki ZX750 turbo

Offline Captthundarr

• In line
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2015, 10:42:15 PM »
Sorry to hear it as well Mr. Patterson, Good on for planning your come back. God speed.
Live,Laugh, Love /  Jack Scratch Racing /ECTA   
Amy Hartman-Driver, Frank Hartman-everthing else.
C/GALT 137.65 Ohio Mile check that 144.12 2013, AA/GALT 159.34 Ohio Mile 2014. B/GALT 180.577 RECORD 6/15

Offline garrell patterson

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2015, 01:27:22 AM »
I will keep my eyes on all of you through the forum and the Bonneville Racing News which does a good job of covering the ECTA events. Good luck, go fast and be safe to all of you.
If I could post it here I would tell you what Al said right after he got his camera out of his car and took pictures of me sitting at the starting line ready to make the first run down the Ohio Mile.
Aw hell I will camouflage it. The wind was buffeting and I had been sitting waiting on the wave off for over 30 minutes. When Al had completed photographing me he came around and opened  the passenger door, stuck his head in to where I could hear him and seriously said " Listen Don't Go Fwxzing my show up "
I wrote those words of wisdom down in my Log Book and I will miss seeing Al next May!
garrell patterson

gkabbt

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2015, 07:49:01 AM »
I will keep my eyes on all of you through the forum and the Bonneville Racing News which does a good job of covering the ECTA events. Good luck, go fast and be safe to all of you.

As usual for me, I'll be taking/posting pictures and also doing the audio stream for the May, June and September meets.....Going to Loring in July!
For those who cannot attend, hopefully, this is the next best thing to being there!

Gregg
« Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 09:54:45 AM by gkabbt »