Author Topic: Any way to buy bulk gasoline?  (Read 3212 times)

Offline Gary Perkinson

Any way to buy bulk gasoline?
« on: December 30, 2014, 02:57:16 PM »
Just curious...anyone know of a way to lock in low gas prices without actually buying hundreds of gallons of gas and storing it? I was thinking that since gas prices have dropped so much, and since just one Ohio event plus Bonneville is going to require at least 400 gallons of gas for my truck, it would be nice to lock in 500 or 1,000 gallons at, say, $2.50 or $3.00 in case the price starts going up again. There used to be a site called mygallons.com that allowed you to get credit for a bulk number of gallons at a certain price, but I'm not sure it's working anymore...

Gary
LTA   G/BGALT Record (1 mile)     143.313
LTA   G/BGALT Record (1.5 mile)  148.321
LTA   F/PRO Record (1 mile)         114.668

Offline noboD

Re: Any way to buy bulk gasoline?
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2015, 04:34:32 PM »
Southwest airlines did it. that's how they became rich and famous.

Offline Ron Gibson

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2015, 05:17:46 PM »
Check with your farm suppliers, a lot are major brands. Farmers lock in fuel and propane prices all the time (or at least they used to).

Ron
Life is an abrasive. Whether you get ground away or polished to a shine depends on what you are made of.

Offline Gary Perkinson

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2015, 09:08:05 AM »
Check with your farm suppliers, a lot are major brands. Farmers lock in fuel and propane prices all the time (or at least they used to).

Ron

Good idea, Ron...thanks!

Gary
LTA   G/BGALT Record (1 mile)     143.313
LTA   G/BGALT Record (1.5 mile)  148.321
LTA   F/PRO Record (1 mile)         114.668

Offline kiwi belly tank

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2015, 02:59:44 PM »
The shelf life of gas is short unlike LPG, diesel & jet A plus you now have a fire hazzard, how about your insurance, how much do you really stand to save!
  Sid.

Offline Ron Gibson

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2015, 03:24:28 PM »
Farmers lock in the price for a season. They don't take delivery on a large quantity, only as needed.
Rick Gold told me that race gas is good forever as long as it tightly sealed, maybe non-ethanol regular would be if sealed up tight, don't know about that.

Ron
Life is an abrasive. Whether you get ground away or polished to a shine depends on what you are made of.