Author Topic: Get you name or your selfie on the supersonic contender's tailfin  (Read 4901 times)

velocity

Folks - Just got this from Richard Noble. You might want to jump on the tailfin. . .  - LandSpeed Louise
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Hello everyone,

We have had a fantastic and incredibly challenging 2014 and as it draws to a conclusion I thrilled to say we are on track to race in 2015 and beat the world land speed record. This is thanks to all of your efforts, and I wanted to thank you, and ask that you continue to work with us and support us in 2015.

We have had a great start to the Indiegogo collaboration, and the launch of the Supersonic Selfie, thank you!

We now have a specific target to achieve over this weekend.

Please can every one of you click on the link below, that’s it, just click the link.

If you want to watch the film, and then share to your friends on Facebook and twitter using the buttons below the video that is great, but just by clicking the link at some point this weekend, all of you will contribute to Indiegogo sending the BLOODHOUND campaign out to their 1 million funders around the world. This is our goal, we want to start the 2015 race year with 1 million new followers.

So as 2014 draws to an end, thank you for all your support this year, and please click on the link below as a last part of that support.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/bloodhound-ssc-the-1000-mph-car

Merry Christmas

Richard Noble and all of the BLOODHOUND Team

Offline Podunk

Re: Get you name or your selfie on the supersonic contender's tailfin
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2014, 09:38:05 AM »
Maybe if Ed had this support there might be an American flag on the record holder!

Terry

Offline BHR301

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2014, 10:20:55 AM »
I honestly can't think of one reason why I would want to help fund an English based car when we have a car here in the United States trying to do the same thing.

Bill

Offline bak189

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2014, 11:00:50 AM »
AMEN......BHR301.................Well said................
Question authority.....always

Offline 55chevr

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2014, 11:26:47 AM »
I have enough to concern myself with funding my own land speed project.

velocity

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2014, 12:36:30 PM »
Much as I would LOVE to see Ed Shadle and the North American Eagle crew knock Andy Green right off his pinnacle speed perch, I am also a staunch supporter of ALL land speed racing hopefuls. The attached photo certificate came in response to my small contribution to the team. I would do the same for NAE and hope they get a web-based funding campaign up and running in response to the Brits.

How cool would it be if the struggling NAE team ended up the victors?

Remember boys and girls. . .American certainly has the brains and talent to be the fastest folks on earth. Of that, there is no doubt.
However, this nation lacks the desire, the verve, the "Bridge over the River Kwai" determination to get the job done.
I miss Steve Fossett more than you can ever know.

How do we get John Force and Roger Penske to go land speed racing???? On second thought, I'd like Erica Enders-Stevens to get excited about 1,000MPH. . .

Offline 4-barrel Mike

• Any fool can drive a V8
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2014, 12:37:15 PM »
I honestly can't think of one reason why I would want to help fund an English based car when we have a car here in the United States trying to do the same thing.

Bill

It's a shame more people don't feel that way: http://igg.me/at/nae-2014runs  :cry:

Mike
Mike Kelly - PROUD owner of the V4F that powered the #1931 VGC to a 82.803 mph record in 2008!

Offline desotoman

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2014, 01:29:46 PM »

How do we get John Force and Roger Penske to go land speed racing???? On second thought, I'd like Erica Enders-Stevens to get excited about 1,000MPH. . .

Louise,

Why not George Poteet, now would seem like a great time to make the transition. And the Fossett car is available correct?

Tom G.
I love the USA. How much longer will we be a free nation?

Asking questions is one's only way of getting answers.

The rational person lets verified facts form or modify his opinion.  The ideologue ignores verified facts which don't fit his preconceived opinions.

velocity

« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2014, 02:34:56 PM »
I spoke to George when we first lost Steve, and Mr. Poteet's goals and dreams are not focused on the absolute record, the man wants the wheel-driven record and I dare say he'll have it, hopefully in 2015.

Offline tauruck

« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2014, 05:08:37 PM »
We're all just queuing up to put our pictures on the tailfin. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

How old are we? 7!!!!!

Sometimes the stuff I read here insults me.

Offline salt27

« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2014, 07:00:03 PM »
We're all just queuing up to put our pictures on the tailfin. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

How old are we? 7!!!!!

Maybe.    :roll: :-D
« Last Edit: December 14, 2014, 08:23:29 PM by salt27 »