Author Topic: '58 RE Indian MPS-750-PF Build  (Read 55109 times)

Offline Scottie J

• New To LSR But Not Going Fast
Re: '58 RE Indian MPS-750-PF Build
« Reply #30 on: December 17, 2014, 10:08:55 PM »
OK, so it still hasn't been broken since 2009.  Thanks!

Offline Scottie J

« Reply #31 on: December 18, 2014, 09:18:13 AM »
Hey Tom - Thanks for the heads up on the kill switch.  I just tested it before install and it is normally open, so I will need to return it.

Offline Scottie J

« Reply #32 on: December 18, 2014, 09:15:54 PM »
Started buttoning up the electrical today.  It's coming along nicely, a little work here and there before and after work.  Luckily, the shop is kind of slow right now and my bike has been hanging out at home right in my work bay.  Got the box officially installed today with the ignition switch and rectifier mounted.  Damn near all the wiring is run, I just need to lengthen the wires from the EI so they reach into the box.  Tomorrow I will finish up the wire harness and finalize that, and then it is onto the front end swap.  :D

Offline salt27

« Reply #33 on: December 18, 2014, 09:29:20 PM »
I don't have a rule book in front of me right now but if you are planning on using those fuel filters there may be an issue.

That's what I recall anyway.  :roll:

Offline Scottie J

« Reply #34 on: December 18, 2014, 10:10:21 PM »
I don't have a rule book in front of me right now but if you are planning on using those fuel filters there may be an issue.

That's what I recall anyway.  :roll:

That's just what I've been running for the last 2 years.  I'm doing a 2nd building on this bike, so I'm slowly getting it ready for the track.  I'm not going to get too carried away until I can get the 2015 book, tho next year I only plan on competing in the RWB class so I can get a feel for The Salt before I come back out in 2016 with my new built motor.

Offline salt27

« Reply #35 on: December 19, 2014, 10:48:52 PM »
Sorry, SCTA and BUB is what I'm looking at. SCTA in particular.

Have you ran this at a SCTA event?

Offline Scottie J

« Reply #36 on: December 19, 2014, 11:27:02 PM »
Sorry, SCTA and BUB is what I'm looking at. SCTA in particular.

Have you ran this at a SCTA event?

No I haven't.  I'm still new to this game.  Just slowly getting the bike ready.

Offline Scottie J

« Reply #37 on: December 20, 2014, 10:46:30 AM »
The electrical is complete!   :-D    Well, everything except for the headlight and killswitch, which I will do after I swap the front end out and get the new controls installed.  It didn't come out exactly how I had planned, and I may make the fused battery leads a little bit longer and try to get the plug under the fuse panel.  There are a lot of wires and plugs in a very small area and it is a little bit of a rats nest.  But once the lid is on it looks great!

Every circuit now has it's own fuse: head light, brake light, tail light, coil and ignition.

You don't know how excited I am to finally have a key for my bike!   ;D

The wiring is all nice and tidy now.  No lose wires or exposed connections and fuses.  :-)

Offline bak189

« Reply #38 on: December 20, 2014, 11:11:15 AM »
Those fuel filters are OUT.............Remember SCTA/BNI does NOT have RWB...................................

PS.  SCTA/BIN may well state in the Rule Book that RE. motorcycles are not allowed at their events.....be sure to check the rule book carefully..................after all they don't allow a passenger in the sidecar......so they do have "Funny" rules...
Question authority.....always

Offline Scottie J

« Reply #39 on: December 20, 2014, 12:03:01 PM »
Yeah, I know the fuel filters are a no go.  But they are not on my priority list at the moment.  I plan on fitting these when I get to it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BILLET-ALUMINUM-IN-LINE-FUEL-FILTER-1-4-FOR-GO-KARTS-ATV-DUNE-BUGGY-MOTORCYCLE-/161365596935?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2592239b07

Offline manta22

• What, me worry?
« Reply #40 on: December 20, 2014, 07:57:12 PM »
Are you sure that those tiny filters will flow enough without producing an unacceptable pressure drop?

Regards, Neil  Tucson, AZ

Offline Scottie J

« Reply #41 on: December 21, 2014, 08:15:36 AM »
Are you sure that those tiny filters will flow enough without producing an unacceptable pressure drop?

No.  But, rather than bringing up every other post mention of my "insufficient fuel delivery system", how about some suggestions on what I should use?    :? 

Offline manta22

• What, me worry?
« Reply #42 on: December 21, 2014, 12:01:37 PM »

No.  But, rather than bringing up every other post mention of my "insufficient fuel delivery system", how about some suggestions on what I should use?    :? 

Uhh..I've never commented on this before; I'm not sure what you mean.  :?

Something like this should work OK : http://www.summitracing.com/parts/rus-650133/overview/

Offline Scottie J

« Reply #43 on: December 21, 2014, 07:04:50 PM »

Uhh..I've never commented on this before; I'm not sure what you mean.  :?

Something like this should work OK : http://www.summitracing.com/parts/rus-650133/overview/

You were the 3rd person in less than 2 days to mention the fuel filters.  That's all.

Offline manta22

• What, me worry?
« Reply #44 on: December 21, 2014, 07:35:06 PM »
Scottie;

Ah so.... that's what I get for not reading the previous posts. I wasn't piling on-- honest!