Author Topic: North American Eagle  (Read 194139 times)

Offline ski123

Re: North American Eagle
« Reply #30 on: July 17, 2015, 03:28:53 PM »
Yawn................................

Offline racefanwfo

• jenks worlds fastest pitbull
« Reply #31 on: July 17, 2015, 04:54:13 PM »
i just looked at the NAE kickstarter page and $2,167.00 dollars has been pledged out of the $100,000.00 dollars that they need to run.

The speed that you wish to achieve is only limited by the depth of your wallet.

Offline 4-barrel Mike

• Any fool can drive a V8
« Reply #32 on: July 17, 2015, 07:20:24 PM »
I wonder if anyone got the promised item for their donation?

Mike
Mike Kelly - PROUD owner of the V4F that powered the #1931 VGC to a 82.803 mph record in 2008!

Offline tallguy

« Reply #33 on: July 17, 2015, 10:38:59 PM »
I donated some money (a while ago), and was offered a t-shirt as a reward.

I turned it down, because I don't need another t-shirt.  I wanted the money
used to help the vehicle.

I encourage all fans of this project to post publicly (as on craigslist, twitter,
facebook, etc.) to spread the word that the NAE project badly needs donations.

I have done this and will continue to do so.

(my opinion:)

If the NAE doesn't break the LSR soon, it may never (i.e., if the record rises
to 900 mph or so).

Offline ski123

« Reply #34 on: July 17, 2015, 11:07:20 PM »
This team has a snowball's chance in hell.  Don't waste your money.
This car will never go 500 mph, and set a non existing record.

Offline Peter Jack

« Reply #35 on: July 18, 2015, 12:41:31 AM »
This team has a snowball's chance in hell.  Don't waste your money.
This car will never go 500 mph, and set a non existing record.

This is a perfect example of "If you can't say something nice don't say nothing at all". Ski123, it just looks bad on you.

Pete

Offline F104A

• http://www.landspeed.com
« Reply #36 on: July 18, 2015, 01:45:07 AM »
Well Ski, I realize you have built many cars and have been in the 200 MPH club for quite some time now. It took me 22 years to get into the club.
It has also been 16 years since I began the NAE project and invested not only lots of my own money but huge amounts of my family's time and the
efforts of many friends. Many sponsors have helped along the way and we have made 44 test runs over 11 different test sessions. Jessi's first time
out gave her a 406.6001 two way average over the measured mile. I made a run at 515 MPH and it ran perfectly. We're going after both the
non-existant record of 512 this fall with Jessi driving and I am going after the worlds fastest single engine record of 633, set by Richard Noble in
1983. That will give us the data we need to know for sure if we can go after that 763 number in the spring. Yes, we need money for operational
costs. This isn't like Bonneville where the racer shows up and the venue is already for him/her and he sets his record. We have to bring everything
that is needed from toilet paper and outhouses to fuel, tools, food, water, fire suppression, firemen and paramedics. We keep 35 team members
happy for two weeks on a desert that is 130 miles for the nearest town. If you think this is easy, please join us in September and help us rather
than put us down and criticize the effort.
Ed

Offline TrickyDicky

« Reply #37 on: July 18, 2015, 05:04:12 AM »
Jessi's first time out gave her a 406.6001 two way average over the measured mile.

Publicity at the time said 344.002 mph?

Offline F104A

• http://www.landspeed.com
« Reply #38 on: July 18, 2015, 11:44:56 AM »
They guy who posted 344 posted the results of Jessi's first attempt.  I have the actual data and it is 406. for her second attempt.  That was on a two way, over the measured mile, within 54 minutes.
Ed

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #39 on: July 18, 2015, 11:51:07 AM »
Ed, what are the dates you'll be running in September?  Not that I can promise to be there - but if things were to work out I'd be very please to show up.  Is there cellphone service where you'll be racing?  I need it - good service, not sketchy, to stream audio.  I'd give it a shot if schedules work out.  Lemme know - let us all know  If I've missed the date 'cause it was posted above already -- well, shoot.  But do it again, please, for yet another old guy's sake.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline TrickyDicky

« Reply #40 on: July 18, 2015, 12:06:30 PM »
They guy who posted 344 posted the results of Jessi's first attempt.  I have the actual data and it is 406. for her second attempt.  That was on a two way, over the measured mile, within 54 minutes.

Sorry to push this, but I've googled a bit and come up with this for the second attempt:

ALVORD DESERT, Oregon (October 9, 2013) – Jessi Combs has firmly established herself as the fastest woman on four wheels. Today she surpassed the existing women's land speed record with a two-way average speed of nearly 392 miles per hour through a measured mile on the dry lakebed at the Alvord Desert in southeastern Oregon. That speed beat her own 344 mph mark from yesterday, a speed that already surpassed the previous record of 308 mph set in 1965 by Lee Breedlove, wife of former world land speed record holder Craig Breedlove.

At one point during her run, Jessi reached a top speed of 440.709 mph. "That felt so unbelievably good," exclaimed Combs when told of her new record. "I knew that one was really, really fast."

Combs made two runs today in the Eagle. The rules require that a driver make two passes across a measured course, once in each direction, with the second pass completed within 60 minutes of the first. Officials then average the two speeds. On her first run, she passed through the measured mile at 354.931 mph, exiting the mile at 2:25 pm. But she was not entirely pleased with that first pass. "The car ran great, but I kept getting pulled into the ruts from yesterday's runs," she said.

After coming to a stop at the south end of the lakebed, the team turned and serviced the Eagle so that Jessi could re-fire the jet engine to make her return run. At 3:15 pm, she re-entered the measured mile and recorded a speed of 430.978 mph, for a two-way average of 392.954 mph.

Just trying to understand when she did the 406 average.

Offline ski123

« Reply #41 on: July 18, 2015, 02:41:42 PM »
I'll stand by my comments any day.  NAE/Ed you sound like a broken record.  We need more money, we need more money.  No, you need to stop, take a step back and look at the whole way you go about things.  I'm sure you will reply with the same old, we try real hard, we raced fast along time ago, we spend a lot of time, and we have no money.  You have also shot down many good ideas, but that just shows your lack of vision.  I wish you luck not killing anyone or yourself.  Only 44 test runs in 16 years?  Your data seems bogus as well, it seems to change as needed as well, very fishy.  I am only looking out for others who think giving you more money is a good idea.  It's not.  How fast have I gone?  How many cars have I built?  Who's ALSR team have I helped?  How much time have I spent at Bonneville, Black Rock, Alvord, quite a bit my family would say.  Don't say I have never helped, my input is usually shot down with vengeance.  I don't have any confidence in your team or car.  Jessi, well that's a whole different ball of wax.  She barely gave you any time on her social media last fundraising go around.  She could have helped a bit more if she really wanted to.  If you ask the right people you will get everything you will ever need to make this happen.  I believe you guys are so short sighted, you can't see the trees through the forest.  But you can't accept the help you really need, it is truly sad to see so much effort just being flushed down the toilet(porta pottie).  So now you have dug up another record nobody cares about to try to match.  Sounds desperate to me.  I do support a ALSR team of my choice, my money and time is spent well and I feel good about it.  Our country is the best ever and should always be on top,  we are free to speak our mind and do as we please.  Thanks for all who helped make it this way.  NAE please don't be the Donald Trump of the ALSR world. Go Fast USA!

Offline thundersalt

• www.americanrvservicecenter.com
« Reply #42 on: July 18, 2015, 06:30:48 PM »
"...we are free to speak our mind and do what we please"
Ok, how bout this....
Ski123, who the F.U.C.K are you? You have nothing constructive to contribute to LR.com. The only time you post is to bust Ed's balls. I, for one, am tired of it. Perhaps you should move on. You almost act like a internet troll.
916 REMR
2017 AA/FRMR Bonneville Record holder 234.663
2018 AA/GRMR El Mirage Record holder 223.108
2020 AA/BGRMR Bonneville Record holder 252.438
2021 AA/BGRMR Bonneville Record holder 262.685
El Mirage 200 MPH Club
Drivers/Owners: Brian & Celia Dean

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #43 on: July 18, 2015, 06:54:24 PM »
Brian, Ski has a run away mouth. But we can keep pissing him off so he can run his mouth. Hey Give  Celia a hug for me.
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline thundersalt

• www.americanrvservicecenter.com
« Reply #44 on: July 18, 2015, 07:01:41 PM »
Brian, Ski has a run away mouth. But we can keep pissing him off so he can run his mouth. Hey Give  Celia a hug for me.

:cheers:
916 REMR
2017 AA/FRMR Bonneville Record holder 234.663
2018 AA/GRMR El Mirage Record holder 223.108
2020 AA/BGRMR Bonneville Record holder 252.438
2021 AA/BGRMR Bonneville Record holder 262.685
El Mirage 200 MPH Club
Drivers/Owners: Brian & Celia Dean