Author Topic: North American Eagle  (Read 194132 times)

Offline salt27

Re: North American Eagle
« Reply #195 on: January 19, 2018, 12:15:39 PM »
Nevada’s Diamond Valley- Interesting; is this BLM land?

Regards, Neil  Tucson, AZ

Yes

Offline ski123

« Reply #196 on: April 20, 2018, 12:27:55 PM »
It's 4/20!   Did I miss any action?  This thread is looking dusty.

Offline MAYOMAN

« Reply #197 on: April 22, 2018, 08:59:35 AM »
Let this fiasco Rest In Peace! They purchased a fighter jet that could go 1,400 mi/h, put wheels on it, and have promoted it for 13 years without achieving anything. Oh, wait, they claimed a non-existent "women's land speed record". The FIA does not recognize ANY records by gender, by the way. Time to put it in the garage and move on. Rosco and Richard, to name a pair, are actually attempting REAL land speed records.
The road is long - Life is short - Drive fast

Offline tallguy

« Reply #198 on: April 23, 2018, 03:11:00 AM »
MAYOMAN, why are you so adamant about having racers give up before achieving success?

Offline MAYOMAN

« Reply #199 on: April 24, 2018, 12:31:58 PM »
I'm just adamant about telling the truth. For example, Project SOS lied continuously about "breaking records" using alleged IHRA and FIM timing over unknown distances, but certainly not the FIA/FIM-recognized flying start mile and kilometer. They gave land speed racing a bad name and diminished the accomplishments of REAL land speed record holders. Richard Noble and Andy Green finally got things right with the REAL Mach 1+ record. Just read the FIA rulebook and run the damned thing. Or not!

Offline tallguy

« Reply #200 on: April 30, 2018, 01:52:19 AM »
Just reading the rule book and running the vehicle is a good way to get yourself killed.  Richard Noble once
sent me an e-mail that said "Safety fast". 

But talk (including "bench racing") is cheap and relatively safe.  Carry on.

I mean no disrespect to you.  I salute and applaud any/all your land speed records (I understand that
none of them were achieved after you "called it quits", but please correct me if I'm wrong).

I occasionally help the NAE project, and wish success for all the folks involved in the project.  I hope the
NAE is the next vehicle to break the absolute land speed record.  But I honestly believe that if they don't
do it soon, they never will. 

I also plan to (some day) help the Aussie Invader project.  And also Bloodhound. 

Offline MAYOMAN

« Reply #201 on: April 30, 2018, 05:15:28 PM »
Tallguy
Pete Farnsworth, Ray Dausman and I read the Federation Internationale de L’Automobile  (FIA) International Sporting Code, Appendix D, Regulations for Records. The FIA-recognized distances for flying start world records are I kilometer and 1 mile. These have been the FIA-recognized distances since Chasseloup-Loubat went 39.24 mi/h in 1898.
We began working on The Blue Flame land speed record project in August 1968 and, with Gary Gabelich driving, set FIA timed and certified world land speed records in the mile (622.407 mi/h) and the kilometer (630.388 mi/h or 1,014.656 km/h) in October 1970. We designed and built every nut, bolt, and rivet on the car – including the innovative LNG/H2O2 rocket motor – and set the absolute world land speed record in less than 27 months. We did this on our first-ever attempt on the Bonneville Salt Flats.
We never “called it quits”. We attempted to set the absolute world land speed record and succeeded. What have you done? Yes, talk is cheap.
We did want to return to Bonneville and attempt a supersonic record, but had lost ownership of The Blue Flame to our sponsor when we missed our contracted over-optimistic 1969 target date for the record attempt. I don’t call that “quitting”. They gave The Blue Flame to a European museum to prevent our running it again. By the way, what I have you ever done? I hear nothing!
Pete and I did return to Bonneville in 1971 with our FIM-timed Honda Hawk streamliner, driven by Jon McKibben. It went 286.556 mi/h (fastest ever motorcycle) but could not set the record with the return run due to mechanical failure. Not too shabby for our first ever motorcycle. I still haven’t heard what you have done?
Oh, and in 1972 and 1974, with two versions of the Pollution Packer rocket dragsters, driven by Dave Anderson and Vern Anderson, we set acceleration records for the ¼-mile, 500 meters, and the kilometer. What did you say you have done? 
We never claimed any phony “women’s” world records. We never used phony WLSRA timing or certified for phony records. We never defamed the land speed racing community with total bullshit and fraud. That is what the North American Eagle is doing.

Offline ski123

« Reply #202 on: May 01, 2018, 12:54:36 PM »
Ed's Facebook page stated he is going to the desert this summer.
Or is that dessert?   Strawberry Shortcake SSC  Go Fast USA!

Offline MAYOMAN

« Reply #203 on: May 22, 2018, 10:24:44 AM »
Still wondering about all of these "women's" world land speed records? Here is the answer!

Offline MAYOMAN

« Reply #204 on: May 23, 2018, 08:24:13 AM »
By the way - Kitty O'Neill set the World Record for the Standing Start 1/2 kilometer at 207.739 mph. Not a "women's record", the World Record (see FIA World Speed Record attachment above). The talented and courageous Kitty was a great athlete (movie stunt person) as well as a record-setting driver. :cheers:

Offline ski123

« Reply #205 on: July 04, 2018, 11:47:32 AM »
Happy 4th o' July!  Any good news NAE?  Go Fast USA!

Offline F104A

• http://www.landspeed.com
« Reply #206 on: July 16, 2018, 02:18:02 AM »
The show "Speed Demons" airing on History Channel tells a whole lot about the current status of NAE speed runs.
The show is supposed to air several times until September. It is also a good show about the history of landspeed racing.
check it out!
Ed

Offline WOODY@DDLLC

• ECTA made it to AR-Kansas!
    • Design Dreams, LLC
« Reply #207 on: July 16, 2018, 09:50:54 AM »
Worth a look! Watched it on-demand last night!  :cheers:
All models are wrong, but some are useful! G.E. Box (1967) www.designdreams.biz

Offline MAYOMAN

« Reply #208 on: July 16, 2018, 04:57:17 PM »
Speed Demons is a joke. They did a great job reviewing the world land speed record competitors from 1898 until 1965 when Breedlove went 600.601 mph. Then, they spent 5 minutes with Shadle's crew testing the mud on some dry lake. Then, they segued to Kitty O'Neil's career. Midway through that they had to briefly mention the record she wanted to break - Gary Gabelich in "a rocket-powered car" and displaying the wrong speed - TEN SECONDS! They never even mentioned the name of the car (The Blue Flame, by the way). That was it! Then on to other BS. They covered every world land speed record except The Blue Flame's 630.388 mph - the fastest ever on the Bonneville Salt Flats. Why did that happen?

Offline MAYOMAN

« Reply #209 on: July 16, 2018, 05:52:20 PM »
The History Channel website is also promoting CAR WEEK. Some guy impersonating a history writer, A.J. Baime, posted a page on the History Channel CAR WEEK website that, again, presented in sequence the chain of world land speed record holders. Gee, really interesting. Oops, there is one missing. The Blue Flame is the ONLY world land speed record holder not there.

Here is the link:   https://www.history.com/crazy-demons-of-land-speed

Something strange is going on.