Author Topic: Eastwood TIG200 Welder  (Read 18584 times)

Offline ronnieroadster

Re: Eastwood TIG200 Welder
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2014, 10:47:03 PM »
Do yourself a favor and buy a good quality American made welder. My two TIG welders are both Millers the smaller Econo Tig is an excelent machine I weld stainless and aluminum with that machine but it only goes to 165 amps the frequancy is acomplished by an electroic circuit.  For those bigger jobs I have a very old Miller TIG machine the type that use a pair of contacts set with an air gap to make the frequancy change needed to weld aluminum. The older amchine will go up to 300 Amps I think its from around 1975 she may be big but boy it can weld. For me Miller is the choice.  :cheers:
Working in the shop I use the 'F' word a lot. No not that word these words Focus and Finish go Fast and Flathead Ford!
 ECTA  XF/BGRMR Record 179.8561
 LTA    XF/BGRMR  Record 200.921 First  Ever Ford Flathead Roadster to hit 200 MPH burning gasoline July 2018
 SCTA  XF/BGRMR Record 205.744  First gas burning Ford flathead powered roadster to top 200 MPH at Bonneville August 7, 2021 top speed 219.717
 SCTA  XXF/BGRMR Record 216.131 plus a Red Hat
"Life Member of the Bonneville 200 MPH Club"

Offline Scottie J

• New To LSR But Not Going Fast
Re: Eastwood TIG200 Welder
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2014, 12:47:09 PM »
Thanks for all the feedback guys!  I recently purchased a Tweeco welder for work.  Well, I didn't buy it, the boss did.  I just did the research and found a source and told him "go here and buy me this welder."  LOL    :-D  It's the Tweeco 140 3-In-1 (MIG, stick and spool gun).  Now, when I was researching welders, I asked the sales rep if this one would do aluminum, and he said no because it does not have reverse induction.  Now my boss is still convinced that he can efficiently weld aluminum with the spool gun just based solely on the premise that it is a spool gun.  The again he is an alcoholic idiot.  Tried the new spool gun yesterday and as I suspected, it did weld it, but not very well.

As a steel welder, it is the absolute best welder that I have ever used with a 110 circuit.  Very clean welds, smooth transitions, and very easy to fine tune for different thicknesses and what not.  I seriously wish I had it when I welded some plates on my Enfield/Indian chassis.  This unit is also very versatile.  You can reverse polarities, adjust the induction rate, voltage is adjustable by tenths of a volt and best of all capable of 140 amps in a 110 volt circuit.  One feature that is nice, but not cost efficient, is that it primes the gas for about second before it starts the welding cycle and continues the gas for about 1.5 seconds after you release the trigger.  This makes for very clean welds but seems to go thru gas faster than usual.  Another nice feature is that if you shut down the welder while it is still cooling down, the cooling fans will remain running until they are safe to turn off.

I got this unit specifically for welding sheet metal and body panels (basically an auto body welder), but have found that it is such a good welder it will easily weld 1/8" and 1/4" plate as well.  All in all I'm very happy with the purchase.  In fact I haven't touched the Miller 250 MillerMatic since I bought the Tweeco.  I highly recommend it for light to medium steel welding.

Scottie J