Author Topic: Salt Conditions  (Read 4621 times)

Offline Freud

Salt Conditions
« on: August 09, 2006, 09:59:59 PM »
I had a call from Glen Barrett about 3:00PM PDT. He had just arrived on the salt.

He says the salt is bitchin. It even has the diamond like glitter to it. Just slightly soft but it was warm, as I recall he said 85F, and a slight breeze.

I asked him if he thought it could take the horsepower and his reply was...."It will be perfect by Saturday."

Then he excused him self while he went to change his skidders.

That's all I know folks.

See you there.

FREUD
Since '63

Offline Dynoroom

• Global Moderator
Oh My!!
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2006, 10:08:24 PM »
Sounds like the same Bonneville course prep team from last year learned a thing or two for this year :wink: ya right.
Thanks for all your hard work guys, we know you ALWAYS do your best with what you have, no matter what some folks down south think!  :D
See you Friday!!!
Michael LeFevers
Kugel and LeFevers Pontiac Firebird

Without Data You're Just Another Guy With An Opinion!

Racing is just a series of "Problem Solving" events that allow you to spend money & make noise...

Offline Freud

Course Prep?
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2006, 12:08:10 AM »
Mike, I guess I don't understand the statement about course preparation. All I said was that the salt was slightly soft but Glen figured it would be great by Saturday. I didn't intend to imply anything about their experience from last year.

If there's something I don't know that relates to preparation, please fill me in.

FR UD   one letter short of full understanding
Since '63

Offline Bob Jr.

Re: Course Prep?
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2006, 03:51:15 PM »
Quote from: Freud
Mike, I guess I don't understand the statement about course preparation. All I said was that the salt was slightly soft but Glen figured it would be great by Saturday. I didn't intend to imply anything about their experience from last year.

If there's something I don't know that relates to preparation, please fill me in.

FR UD   one letter short of full understanding

Freud I think Mike comment was towards the comments made about the course prep from last year!! I mean there is a couple of hundred years of salt racing experience working on the course.

The were a lot of complaints and experts on the site talking about last years course.  Last year you could have drug it with every slead known to man and it would have not made it any better.  Mother nature is the 1st person to course prep and if she does not give us something to work with then it comes out like last year.

For the racers that are new to this they did not get to see the real bad year before the salt pumping started... Or when the season was washed or snowed out for the year..
Bob Sights Jr.

"Speed is no object price is the problem"

Gear Grinder

624 G/BSTR 171.173 El Mirage

627 H/BFMR Bville 176.787, H/BGMR Bville 181.089 G/BFMR El Mirage 180.10, G/BGMR El Mirage 187.534

"Worlds fastest to the cooler of beer"

Offline Dynoroom

• Global Moderator
Re: Course Prep?
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2006, 05:47:43 PM »
Quote from: Freud
Mike, I guess I don't understand the statement about course preparation.
FR

Freud, sorry for the misunderstanding. Bob's right, there were some folks last year who blasted our volunteers because of the race course prep. I was just pointing out that this is the same team of helpers this year.

On my way to heaven 8)
Michael LeFevers
Kugel and LeFevers Pontiac Firebird

Without Data You're Just Another Guy With An Opinion!

Racing is just a series of "Problem Solving" events that allow you to spend money & make noise...