Author Topic: Price Reduced ENGINE WATER BRAKE/ DYNO FOR SALE  (Read 13709 times)

Offline Kansas Bad Man

• Max Lambky's Vincent powered motorcycle streamliner
Price Reduced ENGINE WATER BRAKE/ DYNO FOR SALE
« on: October 11, 2014, 07:18:20 PM »
FOR SALE COMPLEAT ENGINE DYNO FOR SALE WILL HANDLE 1,000 BRAKE HORSE POWER PROBABLE MORE. NEEDS TWO WATER TANKS THAT WERE DISTROYED DURING HAIL STORM. WANT $3, 000 OR BEST OFFER . LOCATED WICHITA KANSAS.

MAX LAMBKY
502 S. RICHMOND
WICHITA KANSAS
316 943 3049
« Last Edit: April 27, 2015, 09:10:05 PM by Stainless1 »

Offline Jack Gifford

Re: ENGINE WATER BRAKE/ DYNO FOR SALE
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2014, 12:46:15 AM »
What is included besides the brake?
M/T Pontiac hemi guru
F/BFL 1-mile Loring record 2020

Offline Kansas Bad Man

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2014, 08:01:38 AM »
What is included besides the brake?

Engine stand ,water tanks stand, multydrilled engine mounting plate ,water pump , exhaust tank/can, in other water tank standwards every thing you need to dyno say a 350 chev or like motor.

Offline Jack Gifford

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2014, 12:28:05 AM »
Any support stuff included- coolant, fuel, electrical, fans, etc.? Any instrumentation besides tachometer and brake-torque?
What's the approximate size of the "chassis"?
M/T Pontiac hemi guru

Online Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2014, 11:02:15 PM »
its a pretty basic system, not new by any means.... We never used the tach or any of the others except torque.  Had some cylinder head temp info as a separate piece.
There is a water pump, the plastic drums were damaged by hail.... yes the hail was the size of baseballs, but the tanks still hold water.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2014, 11:05:13 PM by Stainless1 »
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline Milwaukee Midget

• Global Moderator
    • Milwaukee Midget Racing
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2014, 11:21:53 PM »
Max, what's the impeller size?  Have you had any experience with this testing higher revving, lower torque engines?
"Problems are almost always a sign of progress."  Harold Bettes
Well, I guess we're making a LOT of progress . . .  :roll:

Offline Jack Gifford

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2014, 01:24:31 AM »
Is it direct-drive, via a coupling to a crankshaft?

You said "... up to 1,000 HP...". Generally, any performance engine that's 1,000 HP would have a peak torque of at least 650 ft.lb. Did you mean that it can handle 650-700 lb.ft. of torque?
« Last Edit: October 15, 2014, 01:29:05 AM by Jack Gifford »
M/T Pontiac hemi guru

Online Stainless1

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2014, 10:05:27 AM »
It is direct drive, the meter indicates measurement to 650 ft lbs.  The 220v water pump will empty the 100 gallons of water in about a minute.  It is manual controlled, by the handle on the ball valve that you see on the table.  
Max used to borrow the dyno from a shop here that build half V8 chevy motors for sprint cars, he decided to buy it.  I know Max has some equipment and a motor stand that is not in the pictures of us dyno testing his bike.

Chris, Max has never used the dyno to test any motor but the ones in the Black Lightning
« Last Edit: October 15, 2014, 10:08:39 AM by Stainless1 »
Stainless

Offline John Burk

« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2014, 01:37:05 PM »
The gpm of the pump is the hp limit of a dyno . A 1200 hp motor on a 1000 hp dyno might boil the water in the absorption unit and loose control of the rpm .

Offline jacksoni

« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2014, 04:00:37 PM »
That is an older Go Power dyno. See new info here: http://gopowersystems.com/index.php?option=com_frontpage&Itemid=1

You see them for sale time to time. Manual valve, big water tank and recirculate to make it work. I had one for a while but standing behind a small engine at 8000rpms and trying to control the peaky motor made my hair stand up. I am sure, properly set up you can get data from it and there are aftermarket (Performance Trends) data collection systems available.
Jack Iliff
 G/BGS-250.235 1987
 G/GC- 193.550 2021
  G/FAlt- 193.934 2021 (196.033 best)
 G/GMS-182.144 2019

Offline AJR192

« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2014, 03:06:24 PM »
Watched my old boss do quite a dance when a 406 IMCA claimer engine decided to kick the rods out all over his Birkenstocks at 6500 RPM while he was at the controls of his Go Power!!! Not for the faint of heart!!!

Online Stainless1

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2015, 09:08:23 PM »
OK folks, somebody needs this thing... Max is building a sit on and a little more room in the shop would help. 
As stated earlier it has an engine stand and bell housing if I remember for chevy small blocks.
You can test a lot of things besides HP with a dyno.  This one will run a motor steady state till the water runs out or if recirculated, gets too hot. 
You could use the absorber to build a chassis dyno for car or bike. 
Max is open to offers... take your chances, offer him a half or less than he paid for it. 
I can bring it to the July TnT or you could bring your pick up to Kansas and.... well pick it up!
I can go take more pictures if you need them, just ask
Stainless

Offline Kansas Bad Man

Re: Price Reduced ENGINE WATER BRAKE/ DYNO FOR SALE
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2015, 01:08:52 PM »
MAX here , a 1,000 bucks and its yours, it would damn near bring that as scrap. it now has all the gages , it has spare seals some where , this thing is good, cheap, and needs a new home , come and get it and Stanless will take you out to a steak dinner! :-D

MAX THE KANSAS BADMAN YEHAAA!

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2015, 04:36:11 PM »
I don't have a shop nor the knowledge nor the need for the dyno, so I'm on here to urge someone that does have those things -- to step up and buy it.  Offer Max more than a kilobuck if for no other reason than he has given one heck of a lot to land speed racing in general and this site in particular and deserves a decent price for the dyno.

If I thought the was enough interest I'd be happy to run an auction here for it and take only a token fee out for the website.  Let's hear from a bunch of you telling me that you'd be willing to purchase it .  We'd start the bidding at - unh, mmm, how about we start the bidding at $1250?  That's be a bit more than Max's stated  lowball price and would allow me to give him more than he's asked - and still keep a hundred bucks for the site.

No auction 'til I hear interest.  And you're welcome to PM me with your thoughts and/or bids if you want to keep out of the limelight for now.  Over to you.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Mr. Schimstock

« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2015, 05:30:44 PM »
Max and Slim...

I'll bite on this.  I don't really need a dyno.... but who doesn't want one!  I'd like some more pictures of the engine stand and coupling for the engine.

Thanks,
Sproing, crack, ouch!