Author Topic: 250CC land speed motorcycle  (Read 1700 times)

Jessechop

250CC land speed motorcycle
« on: October 06, 2014, 10:35:11 AM »
Current A/G and F record holder at Loring. 101 on gas, 119 on fuel. Bike started like as a 2005 Yamaha YZ250.

Avon Roadrider tires
GPR damper
Pingle tether switch
Hot rods crank
custom built primary to allow use of stock rear wheel
Digatron Data logging
Fuel pressure gauge
Nitrous pressure gauge
Volt meter
custom build stator with extended rotor and voltage regulator (in other words it has a charging system)
Spin on nitrous bottle mount
Dyno tune fuel and nitrous solenoids
All AN fuel lines and fittings
Bored Mikuni carb with air splitter
Recut head with different squish band

And I am sure much more I am forgetting.  Last time I ran the bike I melted it down. Needs a piston for sure, I would probably do a replate of the cylinder too. Actually several options there I could discuss with interested parties. Obviously the cases need to be split to get all of the piston matter out of the lower end, in which time I would change 5th gear too. That I can also discuss with interested parties.

I think the bike would run in "M" with BMST and SCTA. With it being a race bike from the factory it classified it as "A" with Loring. A fair bit of parts to go with, plus all of what I have learned. Honestly I think have it figured out now to the point where it should run 115 ish on gas, 130 on spray. I am sure there is some little parts missing just from being apart for so long and being moved around.

If you are interested contact me and we can talk. Bike is in Caribou Maine but do have access to a loading dock to put on a truck if you choose.

Obviously I have spent more on this than I could ever think of recouping, thus I would like $1500, that almost covers the charging system and the damper.

Offline tortoise

Re: 250CC land speed motorcycle
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2014, 01:16:29 PM »
The motor would be great for a car streamliner. The world record is soft.