Author Topic: Kawasaki H2R  (Read 16054 times)

Offline wobblywalrus

Re: Kawasaki H2R
« Reply #45 on: December 03, 2014, 10:31:33 PM »
The impression I get about the Kawasaki is that its motor is a nice power plant for a streamliner or partial streamliner.  It is very compact.   

Offline wobblywalrus

« Reply #46 on: December 05, 2014, 11:26:20 PM »
Just thinking.  SS (Mr Kawasaki) Slim made one of the first posts on this topic and has been uncharacteristically silent.  Maybe something is in the planning stage... 

Offline edinlr

« Reply #47 on: December 06, 2014, 02:33:11 AM »
Slim likes that production class and that flaming exhaust has to get his attention too.
Honda CX650 turbo, Kawasaki H2 Ninja, Kawasaki ZX750 turbo

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #48 on: December 06, 2014, 09:20:42 AM »
Well -- I guess I hadn't thought about the fact that maybe youse guys would think I should be interested in the bike - more than just posting the promo stuff that I did.  To tell the truth, I don't see much advertising at all (magazines, TV, newspapers, internet) so don't know how much "buzz" there is in the world about the new scooter.  We're not planning on getting a new bike, not planning to race a new bike, and so on.  So -- I really did just put it up here so one and all, even the car guys, could see and talk about the new toy from Kwackasowwi.  Sure, I'd be very glad to play with one, but I've been pretty busy putting firewood in the boiler and plowing snow and haven't taken the time to drool over the new bike.  Thanks for thinking of me, though. . . :roll:
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline edinlr

« Reply #49 on: December 07, 2014, 12:21:46 PM »
Slim, we understand that you have your story, but I heard a rumor that you were inquiring about a racing chain guard and a tether switch for an H2, go ahead and keep denying.  Do I hear a drill press in the background drilling safety wire bolt holes?   :-D

Offline edinlr

« Reply #50 on: December 07, 2014, 12:24:04 PM »
Kawasaki is requiring deposits for the H2 by 12/19.  My local dealer said they had to have $5000 for the H2 and a whole bunch for the H2R.  So much for Christmas for the Kawasaki fans.

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #51 on: December 07, 2014, 07:07:31 PM »
Drill press?  Is that how I'm supposed to get those 1/16th holes drilled?  I do it my way -- the old way.  Hand held drill and lots of little drill bits.  I can often get more than one hole done before forgetting and snapping off yet another bit.

And aside from that, here's my way to restock my supply of 1/16th drills:  I take my drill and a handful of cheapo bits to the race track whenever we go.  Invariably someone will come to our pit to ask if I would lend him the drill and bit.  I offer what I've got, and throw in the wire-twisting pliers and some wire, too.  He leaves and later on, when he comes back, he's carrying all of my stuff -- and a few of those high-end bits made of unobtanium diamond cobalt.  Don't laugh - it works! :evil: :-D :evil: :-D
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline edinlr

« Reply #52 on: December 19, 2014, 02:24:00 PM »
I went ahead and ordered one. The dealer laughed when I asked about the warranty, he suggested I go to the other dealer and clean the salt off first.  I wonder if Kawasaki views safety wiring as proof you race it.  Maybe I could just tell them I was worried about vibration.

Offline donpearsall

• http://soundappraisal.com
« Reply #53 on: December 19, 2014, 02:33:40 PM »
Ed, congratulations! Did you order the H2 or H2R?
Don
550 hp 2003 Suzuki Hayabusa Land Speed Racer

Offline edinlr

« Reply #55 on: December 20, 2014, 12:43:36 AM »
Don, I got the H2, so I could run in production. Those modified and altered records are pretty high.  I hope to be able to buy all of the H2 parts, but doubt that would make them competitive.