Author Topic: Kawasaki H2R  (Read 16060 times)

Offline donpearsall

• http://soundappraisal.com
Re: Kawasaki H2R
« Reply #30 on: December 02, 2014, 10:02:18 AM »
There IS a production class for blown engines in both AMA and SCTA. The class would be 1000 P-PB. Just like there are classes for the 1980's turbo bikes like the Kawasaki 750 GPZ Turbo and the Honda 500 and 650 CTX turbo.

I would love to take an H2R to Bonneville but at 40-50k that record would be an expensive one.

Don
550 hp 2003 Suzuki Hayabusa Land Speed Racer

Offline RansomT

« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2014, 10:14:00 AM »
I sure did over look it ... it's an open record in the 1000cc class.

Offline tauruck

« Reply #32 on: December 02, 2014, 10:27:49 AM »
Hey Don, are there any cheap ones?. :-)

Offline manta22

• What, me worry?
« Reply #33 on: December 02, 2014, 10:38:01 AM »
Is there a jet ski version called the H2O?  :-D

Regards, Neil  Tucson, AZ
Regards, Neil  Tucson, AZ

Offline mtkawboy

« Reply #34 on: December 02, 2014, 01:09:03 PM »
No cheap ones if a hat goes with it for sure

Offline edinlr

« Reply #35 on: December 02, 2014, 02:44:35 PM »
They are building two versions, the street version and the "R" version.  As I read the SCTA rules, the race bike would have to run in A class as that is for race bikes, specials, non-street legal, etc.  The street version should be able to run in 1000 P-PB, and in modified, assuming Kawasaki plans to build 500+ bikes.  This shouldn't be an issue with AMA as they just let Motus run and get a record.  If you want one, you have to place an order with your dealer by 12/19 and put a deposit down.  It sounds like they are going to build versus orders.  The street version is $25,000 and has roughly 200hp and the race version is $50,000 and has an estimated 300hp.  I did read that you cannot order any "R" parts unless you can prove ownership of an "R".  Guess that will open up things for the aftermarket.  I did read that the street version will offer extended warranties for up to four race seasons, I mean four years....   I can see the warranty guy looking at my claim - sir we see you had the motor running at 14,000 rpm for 90 seconds, where were you?  Hope the ECU doesn't have GPS.  So I guess the answer is yes you can buy the cheaper one and race on the open record in production.  The race bike would run on APS-BG at 230, APS-BF at 251, A-BG at 192 and A-BF at 226, so other than the 192 mph record, none will easy.
Honda CX650 turbo, Kawasaki H2 Ninja, Kawasaki ZX750 turbo

Offline fredvance

• FVANCE
    • Vance and Forstall Racing
« Reply #36 on: December 02, 2014, 03:05:06 PM »
There is a production class for blown
WORLDS FASTEST PRODUCTION MOTORCYCLE 213.470
Vance&Forstall Racing
WOS 2011 235+MPH
Engine by Knecum, Tuned by Johnny Cheese.
Sponsers Catalyst Composites, Johnny Cheese Perf, Knecum Racing Engines, Murray Headers, Carpenter Racing

Offline RansomT

« Reply #37 on: December 02, 2014, 06:02:40 PM »
There is a production class for blown

Fred, I just not be around too many blown Production bikes to know if there was a class for them.

Offline SaltPeter

• Can't you just be Serious for once in your Life!
« Reply #38 on: December 02, 2014, 07:58:25 PM »
I have been have been watching these since the first teaser was put out there, very interesting (out of my $ range) .....

This is the H2 Street version

The H2 engine is designed/made as a Blown Engine .... from the Intake ..... Plenum ..... Pistons ... Cams ..... Valves .... it has two separate Exhaust Ports per cylinder ....  and a GP inspired gearbox to "assist" shifting ... ( from http://www.motorcyclespecs.co.za/model/kawasaki/Kawasaki%20H2%2015.htm ) .... all to do with maxing out a long and flat Torque Curve using the low Boost ....

The H2 is apparently aimed at the Hayebusa/ZX14R market ..... this version should definitely set the Blown Production record right up there ..... maybe Outright Production Road Acceleration/Speed King?

The H2R it is not meant to be a Road Race Bike ... The ZX10R fills that role ..... I'd say it was developed so Kawasaki can say it has the Most Powerful "Production" Bike ... not so different for Kawasaki ...

I can't see the H2R being a Land Speed M or A Record holding Bike .... not up against highly modified Turbo Bikes .... but it would be a lot of high dollar fun at Local Track days ... buzzing everything else on the straight  :-o

Pete  :cheers:
« Last Edit: December 02, 2014, 08:00:41 PM by SaltPeter »
The Mission is to go as fast as possible along on that old Road Less Traveled.

Offline wobblywalrus

« Reply #39 on: December 02, 2014, 08:45:44 PM »
You noticed that, too.  The blower is little.  My feeling is it is near the limit of controllable combustion without the blower so it does not need much boost to get all of the combustion pressure it can handle.  No water injection is on it or other means to keep the intake charge cool.  That might be the weak spot in the design.  A lesser bike with good intake charge temp control might make more HP.

Offline SaltPeter

« Reply #40 on: December 02, 2014, 09:36:43 PM »
Hi Bo

Yep, it is still a Street Bike .... I can't see it being anything too high .... even with it's appropriate Blown Comp Ratio of 8.5:1 .... the Centrifugal is at least better at keeping Intake Temps down ....

As it is Proddy Supercharged, this makes it a bit of a proposition to "Turn up the Boost" even if an Intercooler was fitted ... it is doable ... but the sound oh the sound of it  8-)

Pete  :cheers:

Offline edinlr

« Reply #41 on: December 02, 2014, 10:13:08 PM »
I am guessing we will see an intercooler on the side of that trellis frame, more cam timing, and a bit more boost by 2016 Speedweek.
Honda CX650 turbo, Kawasaki H2 Ninja, Kawasaki ZX750 turbo

Offline SaltPeter

« Reply #42 on: December 03, 2014, 04:24:24 PM »
What sort of power do the A or M/BF-BG 1000 Bikes make?

Pete

Offline donpearsall

• http://soundappraisal.com
« Reply #43 on: December 03, 2014, 04:48:32 PM »
I built a turbo Kawasaki ZX-10 for my daughter's ride at BUB and it made over 300hp on the dyno. That was with a small turbo too.
Don
550 hp 2003 Suzuki Hayabusa Land Speed Racer

Offline stay`tee

• "Kawasaki ZX12 Turbocharged"
« Reply #44 on: December 03, 2014, 07:11:48 PM »
in the landspeed/dragracing world, 300 is at the very lower end of avilable "blown" 1000cc horsepower,  :roll:,,

the original H1(500) was the performance machine/benchmark for its time, the following H2(750) never matched the H1 in horsepower to cubic capicity, performance terms,,

imho, these latest H2R's (race and street) are nothing more than a "Kawasaki Gimic",  :-D

First Australian to ride a motorcycle over 200mph at Bonneville,,,