Author Topic: Lenco CS-3 Gears  (Read 5864 times)

Offline desotoman

Re: Lenco CS-3 Gears
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2014, 02:11:13 PM »
Went to see Al and his lakester --- the shift towers are in the center and the gears are 1" wide---he picked up a book some where  it has the gear ratios of both trans in it

I am late on this answer and yes Bob D. is correct. Al has a CS-1 unit and the lowest 1" gear available in either 6 or fine spline is 1.25-1. I have not talked to Lenco for a few years, and the last time I talked to them they quit their exchange program on gear sets, but it is always worth a try to call and ask if they have started it up again. You can convert a six to a fine spline but need to also convert the shafts. When I was buying parts for my CS-1 three speed years ago I was looking for 1.25-1 ratio's and had a hard time finding one. I hope for Al's sake it will be easier for him to find one.

Good luck on the search,

Tom G.
I love the USA. How much longer will we be a free nation?

Asking questions is one's only way of getting answers.

The rational person lets verified facts form or modify his opinion.  The ideologue ignores verified facts which don't fit his preconceived opinions.

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
Re: Lenco CS-3 Gears
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2014, 01:05:49 AM »
he had a 1.28 and that has been installed ---part of his has been converted to fine spline by cutting out and replacing and welding
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!