Author Topic: The Timneys Retire  (Read 2595 times)

Offline Joe Timney

• Delaware Chassis Works
The Timneys Retire
« on: September 30, 2014, 06:27:02 AM »
Have you ever given up something you really liked doing? As one ages, it becomes clearer that time is starting to run faster and faster. We start to see that we cannot do everything we want or need to accomplish. So after 16 years of being the Chief Timing and ten years as President, it is now time to retire!!! It has been my privilege to enjoy the best seat in the house for 83 meets and time over 30,000 passes but I am a racer who wants to get back before I’m too old!!!
We look forward to being able to come back and be racers again. We look forward to having time to travel to see our children and grandchildren. We look forward to having a REAL VACATION.
We have really enjoyed our ECTA Family and our partners Keith and Tonya Turk and we will miss all of you. We want to thank all of the volunteers through the years who made it possible for us to put on an event, without you, we are nothing!
We are very proud to announce that Brian and Kerri Lohnes will be taking over for us. They have some really great ideas and bring a different background to the sport, one of which is the fact that they are a heck of a lot younger that me!!!  We know that you will be in good hands.
Just remember that we are just a phone call, e-mail or the next pit space over, so keep in touch.
Joe & Donna

« Last Edit: September 30, 2014, 08:36:37 AM by Seldom Seen Slim »
Joe Timney
Retired President of ECTA
President of Delaware Chassis Works
President of FIREFOX Fire Suppression System
www.delawarechassisworks.com

Offline jacksoni

Re: The Timneys Retire
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2014, 09:28:16 AM »
Joe and Donna- I know speak for all the racers but it has been a real personal pleasure to know you and Donna even as peripherally as we all do at the track (and a bit at the shop) and to see and appreciate all the hard work you both have put into making ECTA what it is (Ok, Keith added a little and Tonya a lot  :evil:). Look forward to seeing your liner or roadster or whatever you bring plus Donna on the bike. You get to hang out in the staging lanes with the rest of us griping about why the lights don't work or the last guy who oiled down the track LOL..  :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: Wish you well, of course. 
Jack Iliff
 G/BGS-250.235 1987
 G/GC- 193.550 2021
  G/FAlt- 193.934 2021 (196.033 best)
 G/GMS-182.144 2019

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2014, 11:25:05 AM »
Joe, when I read this it took me back a few years when you and John came to El Mirage to discuss the idea of starting a LSR track in North Carolina. The conversations were long and many what if's. The list was long and covered many bases,equipment, staff, permits, emergency support and the list goes on. You had a plan and the desire to make it happen. The support of eastern racers and volunteers jumped in and after the getting the feet wet you made it happen. A lot of us had doubts at first and the learning curve had a lot of uphills as well.

After many years of running you had the carpet pulled out from under you and in short time a new home was found. Ohio should be proud of you, Donna,Keith and Tonya for the many hours and trips along with the meetings with the locals to agree on this undertaking. Joe, Donna, your call to retire and enjoy what you have planned is important. I know finishing the project lakester/liner has been on hold and it's time to blow the dust off and go racing. I am glad to have been in the early meeting when you came to the coast and what you have achieved.

Give Donna hug for me and hope to see you on the salt next year. Enjoy the change and less pressure and your semi retirement. :cheers:
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline dw230

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2014, 01:15:24 PM »
Joe and Donna,

I was very blessed to have worked with you when Keith and Tonya partnered with you to move the ECTA to the respected level it is now. You guys hung in tough when you lost the track in which you had put so many hours and resources. Joanie and I wish you all the success you deserve as you move forward and hope to see you on the salt in the near future.

Brian and Kerri will be a good match for the ECTA and a perfect foil for Keith.

Good luck to you and God Bless you both,
DW
White Goose Bar - Where LSR is a lifestyle
Alcohol - because no good story starts with a salad.

Don't be Karen, be Beth

Offline Freud

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2014, 02:11:11 PM »
Special invitation to the Timneys:

Bonneville NW Reunion   February 21, 2015

That gets You as far away from Daytona as possible.

We will add to the excitement of retirement.

FREUD

Since '63

Offline bearingburner

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2014, 04:16:18 PM »
When will we see you return with the liner?

Offline Podunk

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2014, 07:37:17 PM »
Joe,
Here's to your enjoyment of life. Thank's for the referrals.
Terry

Offline BurtonBrown

• Victory Motorsports
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2014, 12:51:46 PM »
I am grateful of Joe and Donna's dedication to the sport of land speed racing. I am sure they put as much into it as all of us do in preparing our cars/bikes.

I hope to be lined up next to both of you in the staging lanes at an upcoming event.

Joe you created a life long joke with your comments from the first run with our liner. Thanks for the laughs. :-D

Burton
"Live every day like its your last....some day it will be"

Offline Frank06

Re:
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2014, 04:00:41 PM »
A big decision Joe!  Congratulations to you both and the best in the future.  Hope to see you on the track up north.
E-Racer