Author Topic: Lenco CS-3 Gears  (Read 5865 times)

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
Lenco CS-3 Gears
« on: September 17, 2014, 05:11:05 PM »
My buddy Al Eshenbaugh needs a 1.16 >1.22 gear set for his Early Model CS-3 Lenco
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline Bob Drury

Re: Lenco CS-3 Gears
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2014, 12:26:27 PM »
  The best place to look is Racingjunk.com                                          Bob
Bob Drury

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2014, 12:30:59 PM »
He is doing that--thanks
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

Offline Bob Drury

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2014, 10:19:56 PM »
  Sparky, another good place might be Insidecompracing.com as the CS-3 is frequently used by Comp Eliminator Racer's and I believe their site has want ads.
  One more place would be in National Dragster want ads however I don't know if it is even published any more.                 Bob
Bob Drury

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2014, 12:19:12 AM »
Thanks Bob  I will get busy!!

Offline desotoman

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2014, 01:11:33 AM »
Here you go. Not me.

Tom G.

This ad expires in 30 days.
$1,050.00

18 Lenco CS3 gear sets available, all are complete and in ready to race condition. To purchase these gears from lenco would cost between $2000 to $2200. Priced to sell!!! $1050 per set.

Available Ratios
1.162% 1.280%
1.184% 1.297%
1.199% 1.309%
1.214% 1.320%
1.224% 1.337%
1.249% 1.367%

Seller Phone Number: 770-713-3472
I love the USA. How much longer will we be a free nation?

Asking questions is one's only way of getting answers.

The rational person lets verified facts form or modify his opinion.  The ideologue ignores verified facts which don't fit his preconceived opinions.

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2014, 07:21:48 PM »
These gears were for the current version---Al needs the early 6 spline version---thanks for the heads up

Offline Bob Drury

« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2014, 07:55:17 PM »
  Sparky, are you sure He doesn't have a CS-1?  I was unaware that any Lenco's other than the CS-1 came with the coarse spline.
  My CS-3 was built in 1994 and has fine splines so his must be a early early one...............  Bob
Bob Drury

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2014, 08:45:18 PM »
Bob,  I don't know the book he had looking up the ratios says CS-3---  BUT he said it was a 40 year old unit

Offline desotoman

« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2014, 09:04:24 PM »
Sparky,

Ask Al if the shift towers are located in the center of the transmission or if they are located off center by an inch or two. The CS1 does not have a ratio that he is looking for, as they start at 1.25-1 and go up. Like Bob I never thought they made the later models in 6 spline gear sets.

Tom G.
I love the USA. How much longer will we be a free nation?

Asking questions is one's only way of getting answers.

The rational person lets verified facts form or modify his opinion.  The ideologue ignores verified facts which don't fit his preconceived opinions.

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2014, 09:20:42 PM »
I will check it out!  thanks for the heads up  but the 1.25 would help he is running a 1.37 now and the 4 cyl is struggling at El M

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2014, 03:13:03 PM »
Went to see Al and his lakester --- the shift towers are in the center and the gears are 1" wide---he picked up a book some where  it has the gear ratios of both trans in it

Offline Bob Drury

« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2014, 09:30:30 PM »
  Sparky, 1" gears means it is a CS-1.  a CS-2 uses 3/4" gears so the cases are shorter, and the CS-3 uses 1/2" gears and is the smallest with the least drag and horsepower loss.
  My CS-3 5 speed is one inch longer than my CS-1 4 speed, just enough that I have to chop my driveshaft for the fourth time (T-10, Owens 3 speed, Lenco 4 speed, and now the 5 speed).  Just to add insult to injury, the driveshaft shop won't balance it without new u-joints that they furnish......................... :-P
                                                                                      Bob
Bob Drury

Offline Ron Gibson

« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2014, 10:51:27 AM »
Time to find a new driveshaft shop. :x :x

Ron
Life is an abrasive. Whether you get ground away or polished to a shine depends on what you are made of.

Offline Bob Drury

« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2014, 01:44:23 PM »
.... or go to a direct drive......................... oh wait, I would still need a new driveshaft............... maybe I should talk to Ratliff........... :-P
                                                                                         One Run, out.....................
Bob Drury