Author Topic: KillaJoule Sidecar Motorcycle Streamliner  (Read 26706 times)

gkabbt

KillaJoule Sidecar Motorcycle Streamliner
« on: September 15, 2014, 07:57:01 PM »
Just saw this on Yahoo about Eva, Bill and their KillaJoule sidecar motorcycle streamliner.

https://autos.yahoo.com/blogs/motoramic/fastest-woman-on-a-motorcycle-hits-241-mph-with-electricity-instead-of-gas-214854964.html

Good picture link:
https://autos.yahoo.com/photos/killajoule-the-world-s-fastest-motorcycle-1410816354-slideshow/
Congrats to Eva and Bill.  :cheers:  :cheers:  :cheers:

As with other LSR articles, this one has some minor incorrect info!

Gregg

« Last Edit: September 15, 2014, 08:51:27 PM by gkabbt »

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
Re: KillaJoule Sidecar Motorcycle Streamliner
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2014, 10:25:15 PM »
I don't have fast internet here in this motel so I won't try to download and read, but one error I see in the headline is her speed.  I was in the timing tower when she went through the lights at 271.  Maybe the 241 was one of her earlier runs.  She was still on the salt today -- riding in the school bus with the kids.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline desotoman

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2014, 10:42:50 PM »
If you are talking about the speeds of 241 being incorrect at the end of the article is says,

"Shortly after setting the record, Håkansson and team went back to the salt flats in a more relaxed run and managed to run the KillaJoule up to 270 mph — a speed she says on the team's blog probably represents the top end of what the current design can accomplish. "

Tom G.
I love the USA. How much longer will we be a free nation?

Asking questions is one's only way of getting answers.

The rational person lets verified facts form or modify his opinion.  The ideologue ignores verified facts which don't fit his preconceived opinions.

Offline bak189

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2014, 11:24:02 PM »
Congrats to Eva and her team.....270mph plus with a sidecar streamliner......Outstanding.........that is now the fastest motorcycle sidecar in the world.  Reading some of the "media" reports and comments I find it very interesting that there appear to be many morons and mental midgets that do not understand what is involved with a motorcycle sidecar...............Oh well, I have spend over 70 year trying to educate the US. and for that matter the Landspeed  org's what sidecars are all about.............and YES I have had some success since we brought the first sidecar to Bonneville in 1978......Remember: "2 wheels is not enough......
4 is to many.......3 is just right"................Again congrats Eva for your outstanding effort......................
Question authority.....always

Offline pasodude

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2014, 10:23:06 AM »
Awesome job eva & bill ! :cheers:

Offline comet

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2014, 11:16:22 AM »
Fantastic result Eva and team. Well done to you all.

:-D

velocity

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2014, 01:10:02 PM »
As wonderful the accomplishment is for the sidecar motorcycle streamliner and the team is to be congratulated for theirs efforts, THIS IS NOT A RECORD.

There was no sanctioning whatsoever. Not SCTA, USFRA, FIM or AMA. That portion of the Cook Shootout was delayed to Oct 5th.

ANY speeds recorded are simply that, recorded speeds, personal bests, one-way timing tickets.

All this mean is the vehicle has GREAT potential, but under no circumstances should it be elevated to record holder.

Record holders (drivers, riders and team members) deserve our respect for adhering to strict regulation under tremendous mental, physical, monetary and emotional pressures.   

At best, it demonstrates the sidecar M/C streamliner is capable of greatness in the record books, but has NOT earned a line in the record books yet.

Offline 55chevr

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2014, 01:36:05 PM »
Quite a feat 271 mph ....  a real break through with electric power.  This thing is scary quiet.

Joe

Offline TrickyDicky

« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2014, 01:55:29 PM »
As wonderful the accomplishment is for the sidecar motorcycle streamliner and the team is to be congratulated for theirs efforts, THIS IS NOT A RECORD.

There was no sanctioning whatsoever. Not SCTA, USFRA, FIM or AMA. That portion of the Cook Shootout was delayed to Oct 5th.

ANY speeds recorded are simply that, recorded speeds, personal bests, one-way timing tickets.

All this mean is the vehicle has GREAT potential, but under no circumstances should it be elevated to record holder.

Record holders (drivers, riders and team members) deserve our respect for adhering to strict regulation under tremendous mental, physical, monetary and emotional pressures.   

At best, it demonstrates the sidecar M/C streamliner is capable of greatness in the record books, but has NOT earned a line in the record books yet.

I hesitate to argue with LSL (especially as I have just ordered two copies of the Speed Demon book and need her to mail them soon :lol:), but KillaJoule did set a record (subject to official confirmation etc.) at BMST (240.xxx mph). My understanding of the publicity surrounding that performance is that it will be an AMA record but not FIM. Not sure why Eva is not claiming it as an FIM record if BMST had both AMA and FIM sanctioning.

The 270.xxx mph run is an unofficial "record" for something like "The World's Fastest Woman on a Motor Cycle at an Event with Credible Timing", i.e. she won "Mike Cook's Shootout Presents the first Lucas Oil Varta Battery Top Speed Challenge", which beats any speeds recorded at other one-way events.

Is that about right?

velocity

« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2014, 02:11:29 PM »
My comments were restricted to Cook's Test and Tune event only.

I believe the vehicle set a record at BMST, but the certified results had not been posted as of yesterday. . .

Offline TrickyDicky

« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2014, 02:30:08 PM »
OK, I was misled by the "but has NOT earned a line in the record books yet" statement.

Offline bak189

« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2014, 04:28:31 PM »
Did I post "the world fastest sidecar record"  NO......I posted "the world fastest motorcycle sidecar"............
However, correct me if wrong.........but she holds the FIM World Record for motorcycle STREAMLINER
 SIDECAR............ALREADY...
Question authority.....always

Offline Malcolm UK

« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2014, 11:35:42 PM »

That's a kick in the teeth to any motorcycle record holder on the standing mile racing at Loring, Ohio, Texas, Mojave, UK Mile.
Malcolm UK, Derby, England.

velocity

« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2014, 11:50:24 PM »
Malcolm dear, we were only talking about Bonneville and only about the Cook test and tune, not the whole wide world. . . and besides, none of those other sanctioning bodies have dominion on the salt anyway. Let's not confuse the situation anymore than it is already Mr. Speed Record Club president.

Offline salt

• EMD2CLM - B2CLM
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2014, 12:02:46 AM »
Record - Shmecord.

Personally, I'm in awe of Eva's accomplishments. 200mph club member, fastest woman on a bike, fastest electric bike, fastest time 2014 BMST, now fastest time at Cook's - Eva and her team truly represent the best of what Land Speed Racing is all about, ingenuity, innovation, courage, persistence.
They are fantastic ambassadors for our hobby.

Willi
Kraut Bros.
Who Has More Fun?