Author Topic: KillaJoule Sidecar Motorcycle Streamliner  (Read 26648 times)

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
Re: KillaJoule Sidecar Motorcycle Streamliner
« Reply #45 on: September 24, 2014, 10:37:19 PM »
I think Alan Rice has the printer. :cheers:
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline Peter Jack

« Reply #46 on: September 24, 2014, 11:31:04 PM »
I don't care whether any three, four or more letter organization has certified the speed as an official record, that certificate is an awesome keepsake and the clocks used are certainly official.  :-D :-D :-D

Pete

Offline salt

• EMD2CLM - B2CLM
« Reply #47 on: September 24, 2014, 11:58:41 PM »
Haha, Pete, with such talk you're liable to gettin' that landspeed lady all riled up again . . .
 :cheers:

Willi
Who Has More Fun?

Offline Peter Jack

« Reply #48 on: September 25, 2014, 12:43:08 AM »
This may be just my own not very humble opinion, but it always annoys me when "world bodies" based in Europe are required for we in North America to set "official" records. They normally require a European official to come over and ensure that we in the colonies do everything in accordance with their so called standards. This always seems very hypocritical to me in that many of these European based  so called "world bodies", and I'm not picking on any one in particular, are famous for their flagrant use of graft and corruption.

I could go on but I think I've got the basic message across. Records set with North American clocks in North America using North American rules are just as legitimate as records set anywhere else in the world. Eva's speed is just as legitimate as anything else and while it was only set in one direction, it was the true speed attained and as such should be recognized as a wonderful accomplishment.

Rant over!  :roll:

Pete

Offline debgeo

« Reply #49 on: September 25, 2014, 01:07:45 AM »
AMEN !!!!!!!
George---Sidecar in progress

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
« Reply #50 on: September 25, 2014, 02:21:06 AM »
After the FIM steward came over and inspected my bike after my second run at another FIM "World Record" attempt and signed off the two way average as a World record he failed to turn my paperwork in because he forgot too, to me the FIM stands for Fu@$ing Ignorant Morons.

I have AMA records faster than SCTA records and they were harder to get since you have to do the turn around the same day.  On another note I am not a fan of the BMST/AMA/FIM.

SCTA lakes racing is the best to me however it's great that many venues around the world have popped up to give us all a place to pursue our Land Speed Dreams.

John

Offline Malcolm UK

« Reply #51 on: September 25, 2014, 05:38:31 AM »
This may be just my own not very humble opinion, but it always annoys me when "world bodies" based in Europe are required for we in North America to set "official" records. They normally require a European official to come over and ensure that we in the colonies do everything in accordance with their so called standards. Rant over!  :roll: Pete
 /quote]

Always good to have a rant Pete ..... but only the FIM (bike) requires an 'overseas' Steward to officiate at a World Record attempt. This removes from any Country (including the UK) hosting an attempt the rare likelihood of any 'insider' deal between an entrant and governing body official because they are fellow countrymen.

Yes, the FIM and FIA set down a series of procedural rules but these are easy to follow.  But follow them you should, exactly as all other World Reord holders have done. 

If you wish to gain an FIA (car) World Record then you just get the affiliated US organisation to officiate. 

Both bodies have a committee to oversee the wholeprocess - but modern technology does not have to have them sitting down together in Paris or Zurich or wherever to check and sign off on the Stewerd, technical official and Timekeeper written reports.

Would it be correct to state that what happened to John N is very rare? If it was a proven FIM problem then any delay should not have annulled the record.  Didn't the AMA fight on the riders behalf?   
Malcolm UK, Derby, England.

Offline gerry jenkinson

• New folks
    • Vindeo
KillaJoule Sidecar Motorcycle Streamliner
« Reply #52 on: February 03, 2015, 10:47:51 AM »
Here is a video of the electric motorcycle Killajoule at Bonneville last year. It just keeps getting faster.
https://vimeo.com/118538751
If it stutters click on the HD bottom right to watch in Standard Definition.

Gerry Jenkinson.
Email      gerry@vindeo.co.uk
Videos    https://vimeo.com/channels/vindeo
Website www.gerryjenkinson.co.uk