Author Topic: KillaJoule Sidecar Motorcycle Streamliner  (Read 26711 times)

Offline Nortonist 592

• http://www.artfv.com/design/fashion/
Re: KillaJoule Sidecar Motorcycle Streamliner
« Reply #30 on: September 17, 2014, 08:57:48 PM »
bak --

Is there a minimum (and maximum) weight for passengers?

In the AMA rules there is no mention of a minimum weight (or maximum) for a passenger.  It does state that in lieu of a passenger ballast weighing 60kg. shall be mounted in the sidecar

Curmudgeonly.  I like that.  Appropriate.
Get off the stove Grandad.  You're too old to be riding the range.

velocity

« Reply #31 on: September 18, 2014, 12:42:42 AM »
Contrary to peanut gallery, Eva did not set any record at Cook's Test and Tune, her records were set at other sanctioned events.

That is entire point of my commenting and this thread is finished on that point for me.

Offline Nortonist 592

• http://www.artfv.com/design/fashion/
« Reply #32 on: September 18, 2014, 01:34:27 AM »
If you go back and read what was posted at no point was Eva's 270 mph run mentioned as a record.  Prior to you shouting as us telling us what we already knew the word "record" appears in one post and that was in reference to her 240 mph record.   

Again, congratulations Eva on your NON record from the red headed stepchildren of the peanut gallery.
Get off the stove Grandad.  You're too old to be riding the range.

Offline javajoe79

« Reply #33 on: September 18, 2014, 03:36:33 AM »
Contrary to peanut gallery, Eva did not set any record at Cook's Test and Tune, her records were set at other sanctioned events.

That is entire point of my commenting and this thread is finished on that point for me.

Am I wrong or were you the one who mentioned Cook's? Before your first 2 posts, no one said anything about Cook's. Only you did. And first you said "not a record" with no reference to what speed or particular run you were talking about. Best to just admit your error and move on.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2014, 03:38:04 AM by javajoe79 »
Coffey Fabrication and Race Prep
313 Wilhagan Rd Nashville, TN 37217
615-210-1605

https://www.facebook.com/CoffeyFabrication

Offline rouse

• Impound is the place to be
« Reply #34 on: September 18, 2014, 12:29:54 PM »
Ok; from someone that was setting @ the 5 1/2 mile when Eva came through the 5 to the 6.

We could clearly see her as she came past the 3 headed to the 4, silently streaking from one mile marker to the next, a thin whisper of salt trailing the bike as it continued like a javelin through the 4 and into the 5.

Entering the timed mile from the 5 to the 6 Eva pasted us at the 5 1/2 straight down the coarse perfectly alined and centered on through the 6. Chute out and bike coasted to a clean stop.

The announcement over channel 1 on the CB; 270.--- in the mile, 268.--- out the back door. Simple as that, she had a 270.--- time slip. Not many folks can say that, and I recognize the hard work and achievement that it takes to make such a spectacular pass on the salt, or any where else for that matter. The time slip that she received from the folks in the timing both, I'm sure is record enough for her and Bill, giving the circumstances of the event.

Great job, and congratulations go out the Eva and Bill and their crew for a job well done.

Rouse  
Johnnie Rouse
Bike 4680 P-PP2000 SCTA record 153.325    A-PF3000 182.920
                              Texas Mile 152.518 PP class  186 A-PF Class
If you love your freedom thank a vet.

Offline 55chevr

« Reply #35 on: September 18, 2014, 02:08:51 PM »
This is a tremendous accomplishment.   I am always impressed at the silence when the electric machines run. With the new battery technology that is evolving, one has to wonder where electric power will be in 10 years. Eva and her team are pioneers in developing this. I spoke with her awhile back and she said the streamliner was originally built with out riggers but it didn't handle well and they decided on the side car wheel for a more stable platform. 

Offline WOODY@DDLLC

• ECTA made it to AR-Kansas!
    • Design Dreams, LLC
« Reply #36 on: September 18, 2014, 07:13:46 PM »
Eva can parallel park!  :-o That has to be a record of some kind for streamliners!  :-D :-D
All models are wrong, but some are useful! G.E. Box (1967) www.designdreams.biz

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #37 on: September 20, 2014, 02:11:43 PM »
I was with Alan Rice in the timing stand when Eva made her runs.  The bike was quiet all right -- but not silent.  There was the whoosh of air being moved around just like it always is moved by a streamlined vehicle -- but that noise is overwhelmed by the engine noise in a vehicle with an engine.

Eva drove the bike to the stand after her run to get her timing slip and to let me interview her for the streaming audience and yes, to show off that the bike has reverse and can be parallel parked.  It doesn't have much turning ability -- took a few back-and-forths to move it sideways a few feet.

But there was the interview.  I knew Eva somewhat vaguely as another racer before this event -- but during the Challenge and especially during the interview I came to know way more about her - her abilities and personal attributes.  Like - - she was a great interviewee.  I'd ask a question and she'd not only give a complete answer but would explain it so that just about everyone could understand what she was saying (not justs someone with years of racing or a few advanced degrees).  She showed smiles and enthusiasm during the interview - and that meant to me that she was completely confident of the material she was sharing with us.  Bill, Cook, Rice, and the various spectators just stood there and listened (for the most part) to her discourse.

Thanks for the great interview, Eva, and for the good runs and for just plain being there.  It's yet another experience I won't forget. :-D :cheers: :-D :cheers: :-D
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Frank06

Re:
« Reply #38 on: September 22, 2014, 01:21:34 PM »
Eva is a wonderful ambassador for LSR.  One of her stated goals is to influence girls and young women so they consider careers in science or engineering.  When she and Bill came to Loring they made a stop after the event at the Maine School of Science and Math to show the kids at summer school the vehicle and talk about technology.
E-Racer

Offline nrhs sales

« Reply #39 on: September 22, 2014, 03:20:53 PM »
Eva is one of the best things to happen to LSR racing in a long time IMO. She represents what many see as the future of our sport.

Offline killajoule

• New folks
« Reply #40 on: September 23, 2014, 05:18:29 PM »
Aw shucks guys. You are making me blush....

// Eva

Gasoline?! That is _so_ last century!
KillaJoule - FIM/AMA/LTA record holder, the world's fastest electric motorcycle and the world's fastest sidecar motorcycle. Official record 240.726 mph (AMA, Aug 2014, pending ratification), recorded top speed so far 270.224 mph, but we are just getting started!

www.killacycleracing.com
www.facebook.com/killacycle
www.youtube.com/killacycle

Offline nrhs sales

« Reply #41 on: September 23, 2014, 05:36:41 PM »
You deserve all the accolades being heaped upon you.  There are not too many women who have ran an LSR bike over 200 mph and I would guess much less who also built it as well. 

Offline nrhs sales

« Reply #42 on: September 24, 2014, 07:39:48 PM »
Copied from Evas facebook page:

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #43 on: September 24, 2014, 09:10:36 PM »
Hmmm -- is that a salt surface I see under the document?  I wonder where Eva came up with that stuff. :roll:

It was quite a run to see, for sure.  Quiet (as I've already said) with a nice whooosh and very little salt rooster tail (but some).  And then she drove the bike to the tower using both forward and reverse to park it just right.  Nice.  And quiet, too.  Corngratulations once more, Eva and Bill. :cheers: :cheers:
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #44 on: September 24, 2014, 09:22:52 PM »
Obviously Mike has a printer at the salt.... He did say there would be certificates just no records.
Nice job kids, see ya on the salt  8-)
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O