Author Topic: CPRO engine questions  (Read 5172 times)

Offline Esslinger Eng

• Esslinger Engineering
CPRO engine questions
« on: September 15, 2014, 12:22:50 AM »
Can electronic fuel injection be used on a CPRO engine if it was not originally available on the engine/ car being used?

Can multiple carburetors be used on a CPRO engine not originally equipped?  If not, does the OEM carb have to be used?

Can an aftermarket cylinderhead or block be used on a CPRO engine?

Can a CPRO engine be dry-sumped and remain legal for the class?
Brian

*** The above information is my personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion of Esslinger Engineering, Inc. ***

Offline 4-barrel Mike

• Any fool can drive a V8
Re: CPRO engine questions
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2014, 12:28:58 AM »
Brian:

Dan ought to buy you guys a couple three rule books http://shop.scta-bni.org/2010-rules-and-records-book-SCTA001.htm   :-D

Mike
Mike Kelly - PROUD owner of the V4F that powered the #1931 VGC to a 82.803 mph record in 2008!

Offline BobDcuda

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2014, 12:35:03 PM »
Page 66 of the 2014 Rule Book, section 5.C:  "The following items are NOT allowed: non-OEM Electronic Fuel Injection (EFI)".  If you do run non-OEM EFI, then you would have to move over to PRO class not Classic PRO.

Multiple carbs and dry sump oil are OK for Classic.  After market head and block are covered (somewhere), but I'll let someone else pitch in with that one.  OR you can look that up when you get your copies of the Rule Book.   :-)

Offline D Wolfe

• New folks
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2014, 12:10:00 AM »
Hey Guys,

I have been reading through the rulebook and trying to get a handle on this classic production class.

If a pre 81 vehicle originally came with EFI, can it be converted to carbs?  The way I read the rules this is an acceptable modification... but I'm starting to second guess myself.

Thanks for the help!
D

Offline Dynoroom

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2014, 01:17:57 AM »
Hey Guys,

I have been reading through the rulebook and trying to get a handle on this classic production class.

If a pre 81 vehicle originally came with EFI, can it be converted to carbs?  The way I read the rules this is an acceptable modification... but I'm starting to second guess myself.

Thanks for the help!
D

Yes.
Michael LeFevers
Kugel and LeFevers Pontiac Firebird

Without Data You're Just Another Guy With An Opinion!

Racing is just a series of "Problem Solving" events that allow you to spend money & make noise...

Offline dw230

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2014, 02:24:11 PM »
Listen to Dynoroom, he is the go-to engine configuration guy and the Modified Category (1982 - present), Coupe and Sedan Committee chair. See section 16 of your rule book.

DW
White Goose Bar - Where LSR is a lifestyle
Alcohol - because no good story starts with a salad.

Don't be Karen, be Beth

Offline D Wolfe

• New folks
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2014, 04:07:54 PM »
Thanks for the reply Dynoroom and dw230!

I know I am the new guy here and I have some pretty simple questions at the moment.  I'm all ears and thankful for the advice and help provided!

D