Author Topic: Mike Cook's Shootout - the first Lucas Oil Varta Battery Top Speed Challenge  (Read 171368 times)

Offline zzcruzin

Re: Mike Cook's Shootout - the first Lucas Oil Varta Battery Top Speed Challenge
« Reply #45 on: September 12, 2014, 02:54:47 PM »
Still good music. Is that you playing that Jon? Now a little talking in the background.

Offline 4-barrel Mike

• Any fool can drive a V8
Re: Mike Cook's Shootout - the first Lucas Oil Varta Battery Top Speed Challenge
« Reply #46 on: September 12, 2014, 02:55:33 PM »
I'm hearing one lo-fi channel of a stereo broadcast of some not very good music (although it's hard to tell) with occasional audio from the salt.

Mike
Mike Kelly - PROUD owner of the V4F that powered the #1931 VGC to a 82.803 mph record in 2008!

Offline zzcruzin

« Reply #47 on: September 12, 2014, 02:55:54 PM »
Sounds like key board typing.

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #48 on: September 12, 2014, 02:56:44 PM »
Thanks, Mark.  I switched from some straight talk to an SLC progressive indie station - and there's a nice guitar tune playing.  I guess it's okay.

In the meantime -- Eva is heading toward the line so I've put the FM radio down by the 'puter so you can hear that play by play.  Remember that it's only an occasional bit of audio - but whatever we hear out here you'll hear where you are.

And yes, you can also hear my typing.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline zzcruzin

« Reply #49 on: September 12, 2014, 02:57:52 PM »
I am digging John Mayall. Farm out Daddio.

Offline Tybeeman

« Reply #50 on: September 12, 2014, 02:59:54 PM »
Slim, i hear your radio chatter as well as KRCL in Salt Lake. Somebody needs to take them some C&W CDs.

Offline BHR301

« Reply #51 on: September 12, 2014, 03:00:34 PM »
Just lost the feed again.

Bill

Offline desotoman

Re: Cook's Test & Tune 12-16 September 2014
« Reply #52 on: September 12, 2014, 03:08:44 PM »
Tom, I agree that it's confusing.  I'm trying to offer up what I see, and I know that there's a lot of stress going around out there.  That's why I posted just a bit of information about the course and access road work that I saw going on this morning.  I'll stay away and wait for others to tell all of us what's what -- 'til I go out there again.

If you read a post here and you're not sure if it's correct information - well, that's the beauty/problem of this Forum.  I don't try to edit what is posted.  If I see something that I know is wrong I can correct it -- but as the "editor" I don't remove stuff that's wrong unless I see it as a liability that might bring legal issues.  I read 'em and let you folks do the same.  Ask me and I'll try to get the true scoop for you and the rest of us.

Thanks Jon,

I have been off the computer since my last post around 24 hrs ago and I am still confused so maybe you can help. Since then the post on Cook's Facebook page had been deleted that said the event would be on the rain dates. And to add to the confusion LSL posted it is just basically a test and tune, but you have changed the name of the event on this thread and now it sound like it is an official meet?

I guess I need an update on what the heck is going on so I am not confused. Is Land Speed Louise's post correct or has something changed again?  :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :?

Thanks for any help,

Tom G.
I love the USA. How much longer will we be a free nation?

Asking questions is one's only way of getting answers.

The rational person lets verified facts form or modify his opinion.  The ideologue ignores verified facts which don't fit his preconceived opinions.

Offline Dean Los Angeles

« Reply #53 on: September 12, 2014, 03:09:27 PM »
Eva on the course. Coming through loud and clear.
Well, it used to be Los Angeles . . . 50 miles north of Fresno now.
Just remember . . . It isn't life or death.
It's bigger than life or death! It's RACING.

Offline BHR301

« Reply #54 on: September 12, 2014, 03:09:44 PM »
Sounds good now.

Bill

Offline Tybeeman

« Reply #55 on: September 12, 2014, 03:11:08 PM »
Audio is very clear loudness is good! Thank you!

Offline Dean Los Angeles

« Reply #56 on: September 12, 2014, 03:11:21 PM »
FB
Mike Cook's Land Speed Shootout
30 minutes ago
Just to reiterate. The Speed Demon experienced a crash at the 3 mile. Cause undetermined at this time. Car damaged. Driver is fine. We will resume running by approximately 1pm. More later.

Offline Dean Los Angeles

« Reply #57 on: September 12, 2014, 03:16:17 PM »
FB
Mike Cook's Land Speed Shootout
44 seconds ago
Killajoule, checkout pass. 204.381.

Offline Dean Los Angeles

« Reply #58 on: September 12, 2014, 03:17:47 PM »
Back to silence.
"Cannot load M3U8:
No levels to play"

Offline Tom Slick

• http://www.ccrsport.com
« Reply #59 on: September 12, 2014, 03:45:46 PM »
Load and clear...wishing I had a hot dog now! :cheers: