Author Topic: Mike Cook's Shootout - the first Lucas Oil Varta Battery Top Speed Challenge  (Read 171257 times)

Online wheelrdealer

• D/CBGALT
    • WHEELRDEALER RACING
Re: Mike Cook's Shootout - the first Lucas Oil Varta Battery Top Speed Challenge
« Reply #195 on: September 13, 2014, 07:49:04 PM »
Ok Mark... you motivated me to send a donation sooner rather than later. Thanks for the little push it is the right thing to do. NEXT!

Thanks Jon, it is great to hear this stuff real time when you are stuck in your home town.

BR
ECTA    Maxton D/CGALT  Record Holder 167.522
ECTA    Maxton D/CBGALT Record Holder 166.715

WWW.WHEELRDEALER2100.COM

Offline zzcruzin

Re: Mike Cook's Shootout - the first Lucas Oil Varta Battery Top Speed Challenge
« Reply #196 on: September 13, 2014, 07:51:40 PM »
Thanks BR. I am sure Jon will appreciate it.  :cheers:

Offline zzcruzin

« Reply #197 on: September 13, 2014, 07:58:10 PM »
Thanks for the up dates SLIM, will get a donation off to you.

Max :cheers:

Thanks for doing this Max.  :cheers:

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #198 on: September 13, 2014, 08:19:58 PM »
Hey, hay, HAY!  I'm back.  The jetpack won't work but I hooked the iPhone to the laptop and got some juice into the battery.

The Studebaker is getting ready to run.  Ack Attack is maybe -- waiting for wind checks.  It's been 3-5 mph crosswind from mountain to highway for the past few hours -- borderline conditions for Rocky.

There's also another bike that might run this afternoon -- but absolutely no information on it so I can't give you anything

As for the donations:  Thank you very much.  I do appreciate them and yes, it does cost a bit to come out here.  I'd want to do it anyway - but it sure does make it easier to convince Nancy that I should make the trips.

And as for the cost of a margarita -- your donations are pretty safe.  I drink Gatorade and Mountain Dew -- but no booze/beer.  I filled my drink card quite a few years ago.

Back to racing -- nothing much more on the Stude.  I don't think I'll turn the streaming back on -- too much dead air between runs and it's dang near quitting time for the day.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
« Reply #199 on: September 13, 2014, 08:29:31 PM »
I've turned the audio stream back on for the Studebaker's run.  That'll be in a little while -- the retrieval vehicle is moving down the track.

Still no decision by Akatiff on whether to run today.  The wind here at the timing stand is about 4-5 mph crosswind - again.  The bike in question is featured in a build diary here -- and some photos of it were posted just a little while ago.  Take a look -- it's a gold bike.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline desotoman

« Reply #200 on: September 13, 2014, 08:31:08 PM »
Jon,

I did not mean to suggest that you drink, what I meant was that if someone goes out to dinner and enjoys a drink with their dinner, instead of having a drink they send the money to you.

When is the interview with George?

Tom G.
I love the USA. How much longer will we be a free nation?

Asking questions is one's only way of getting answers.

The rational person lets verified facts form or modify his opinion.  The ideologue ignores verified facts which don't fit his preconceived opinions.

Offline bigdaddyusmc

« Reply #201 on: September 13, 2014, 08:33:56 PM »
That's the Bagnell Baggo Chenowth Racing Bike , CX500 Turbo out of San Diego
Jacob Bagnell Jr. is the rider,,,
BAGNELL BAGGO CHENOWTH RACING

Offline zzcruzin

« Reply #202 on: September 13, 2014, 08:35:09 PM »
Man,,,,,,that thing sounded sweet going by.

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
« Reply #203 on: September 13, 2014, 08:35:22 PM »
No problem, Tom.  I figured you meant something like that.  Here comes the Studebaker.

Mile speed:    220.407

Exit speed:     225.700

Chute out after the 6 -- nice run.

I'm still waiting for Cook to bring me either George or the pre-recorded interview that was done in the pits.  I sure hope that someone managed to do that.  I apolosise for saying it was going to happen -- I was only going on what I was informed.  I sure would like to have the fun - and honor and pleasure -- of talking with George about the day out here yesterday.

We're still waiting to hear about the Ack bike, and wondering about the Bagnell bike, too.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2014, 08:38:01 PM by Seldom Seen Slim »
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
« Reply #204 on: September 13, 2014, 08:39:23 PM »
The decision has been made -- no Ack Attack bike run yet tonight.  The Bagnell bike will now run starting from the 3 mile.

Well -- this will be a new one for me to see.  The bike rider will start at about the three and run through the timed stretch from five to six.  He'll then slow down and u-turn and run through the timed stretch in the other direction.

I don't know more.  The bike is running and the rider is on the bike.

Bike # 1338 is underway.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2014, 08:55:33 PM by Seldom Seen Slim »
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline zzcruzin

« Reply #205 on: September 13, 2014, 08:52:26 PM »
Santo and Johnny,,,,,,,sleepwalk

Offline desotoman

« Reply #206 on: September 13, 2014, 08:54:43 PM »
Santo and Johnny,,,,,,,sleepwalk

Good memory Mark.

"Sleep Walk" is an instrumental steel guitar-based song written, recorded, and released in 1959 by brothers Santo & Johnny Farina.

Tom G.
I love the USA. How much longer will we be a free nation?

Asking questions is one's only way of getting answers.

The rational person lets verified facts form or modify his opinion.  The ideologue ignores verified facts which don't fit his preconceived opinions.

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
« Reply #207 on: September 13, 2014, 08:57:02 PM »
The bike entered the timed mile at speed and got out of the throttle, slowing during the mile.  He's now at the end of the timed bit and going very slowly.

Has now completed the u-turn and is building speed on his way back towards the start.  He is now motoring gently - about 60 mph - towards the pit area.

Thanks for the Santo and Johnny information.  I figured a few of you would know. :-D
« Last Edit: September 13, 2014, 08:58:36 PM by Seldom Seen Slim »
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline zzcruzin

« Reply #208 on: September 13, 2014, 09:01:29 PM »
I was 13 years old when Santo and Johnny recorded that song. Always been a favorite. Thanks for a good day Jon. Signing off here.

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
« Reply #209 on: September 13, 2014, 09:06:07 PM »
The bike rider evidently was cornfused about where the timed stretch was.  He'll make another round trip run right away and then we'll be done for the day.

There'll be a meeting at the pits in a few minutes to discuss tomorrow's start time.  I have no information at this time as to what that start will be.  I know that the Ack Attack bike wants to run first thing in the ayem -- just don't know how that time is defined.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com