Author Topic: Mike Cook's Shootout - the first Lucas Oil Varta Battery Top Speed Challenge  (Read 171230 times)

Offline zzcruzin

Re: Mike Cook's Shootout - the first Lucas Oil Varta Battery Top Speed Challenge
« Reply #180 on: September 13, 2014, 07:05:15 PM »
Good point Bigdaddy. I just hit the donate button. Any body else? Wonder if i could talk desotoman in to it? Hum.

Offline Kansas Bad Man

• Max Lambky's Vincent powered motorcycle streamliner
Re: Mike Cook's Shootout - the first Lucas Oil Varta Battery Top Speed Challenge
« Reply #181 on: September 13, 2014, 07:06:17 PM »
Thanks for the up dates SLIM, will get a donation off to you.

Max :cheers:

Offline desotoman

« Reply #182 on: September 13, 2014, 07:08:52 PM »
Good point Bigdaddy. I just hit the donate button. Any body else? Wonder if i could talk desotoman in to it? Hum.

Hey Mark,

I will match you, how is that? How much did you send. You can PM me or call.  :-D

Tom G.
I love the USA. How much longer will we be a free nation?

Asking questions is one's only way of getting answers.

The rational person lets verified facts form or modify his opinion.  The ideologue ignores verified facts which don't fit his preconceived opinions.

Offline zzcruzin

« Reply #183 on: September 13, 2014, 07:09:35 PM »
Your welcome Jon. You deserve it.  :cheers:

Offline bigdaddyusmc

« Reply #184 on: September 13, 2014, 07:11:59 PM »
Congrats on the record KANSAS BAD MAN,,,
We were invited to the Cook Shootout by the POWERED WITH DREAMS people to be in their movie.... With health problems with team members in 2013 & the rainout at Speed Week 2014 .... We had to get some SALT TIME......
Bagnell Baggo Chenowth Racing should be making a run in about an hour ( +or- )
To see more on our team here is a link to our website    http://baggoracing.weebly.com/

« Last Edit: September 13, 2014, 07:17:44 PM by bigdaddyusmc »
BAGNELL BAGGO CHENOWTH RACING

Offline Dean Los Angeles

« Reply #185 on: September 13, 2014, 07:12:47 PM »
When I was in the line at the wos I was ask if I wanted to attend the MODIFIED Cook event , I was told no FIM or FIA records would be had the cost would be 2,500 $ to enter and they were looking for 2 more entries to pay the BILL'S. You would receive a timing slip for your runs, a T shirt and a trophy.

That does sound like a high price. Until you factor in the costs. I heard two years ago it cost Mike Cook $45,000 to put this event on.
Well, it used to be Los Angeles . . . 50 miles north of Fresno now.
Just remember . . . It isn't life or death.
It's bigger than life or death! It's RACING.

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #186 on: September 13, 2014, 07:16:52 PM »
Thanks very much, folks.

The Mariani car is now clear of the course.  The Studebaker is in position to start from the 3 mile.  Driver is donning his garb (like the way I say that?).  Expect him to run in about 10 minutes.

The battery in my phone is down to about 15% -- and I don't have a charger with me today.  If that goes dead I'll be forced off the air.  I can't make the little jetpack wi fi thingie work -- may have to end things early.  Stay tuned.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline desotoman

« Reply #187 on: September 13, 2014, 07:20:53 PM »

Hey Mark,

I will match you, how is that? How much did you send. You can PM me or call.  :-D

Tom G.

Dang you Mark, I did not expect you to say $50, but I am a man of my word so $50 it is. How about some of you other folks out there? There are over 5,000 members on this site so dig into your pockets and hit the button. If I can do it, you can too.

Tom G.

The rational person lets verified facts form or modify his opinion.  The ideologue ignores verified facts which don't fit his preconceived opinions.

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
« Reply #188 on: September 13, 2014, 07:21:52 PM »
The Studebaker made a fine run just now -- sounded tasty going past the timing tower.  

209.475 mile

214.603 exit
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
« Reply #189 on: September 13, 2014, 07:23:28 PM »
It'll be a while before we have another run today  if we hjave one at all, so I'm going to shut down and dseew about ny wi fi devices.  I'll be back in a while -- I sure hope.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline azgearhed

• 1979 Z-28 AA/CBGC & AA/CGC & AA/CBGALT
« Reply #190 on: September 13, 2014, 07:27:01 PM »
My 50 bucks is in-thx Jon
BC Racing 1979 Z-28
AA/CBGC Record 251.802 Speed Week 2012
AA/CBGALT Record 255.382 Speed Week 2013
AA/CBGC Record 226.104 El Mirage Sept 2015
AA/CBFALT Record 227.954 El Mirage June 2016
AA/CBGC Record 267.878 Speed Week 2018
AA/CBGALT Record 236.458 El Mirage Nov 2016
It's a lot of work to have fun...

Offline generatorshovel

• http://www.dlra.org.au/forum/viewtopic.php?t=556
« Reply #191 on: September 13, 2014, 07:27:27 PM »
Thanks Slim, (and all LSR junkies) for the live broadcast, I matched the US $50 donation trend
A special WELL DONE MAX for your record  :cheers:
Tiny
Tiny (in OZ)
I would prefer to make horsepower, rather than buy, or hya it, regardless of the difficulties involved , as it would then be MINE

Offline zzcruzin

« Reply #192 on: September 13, 2014, 07:30:07 PM »
Thanks Tom for stepping up. I will buy coffee and donuts next Thursday. Any one else out there? Just think of the fuel that Jon spends going from Michigan to Bonneville and then turn around and go back. I know he works his butt off because i have been there and seen him in action.  :cheers: By the way, was i the only one that heard that frog?  :-D :-D :-D

Offline zzcruzin

« Reply #193 on: September 13, 2014, 07:31:43 PM »
Way to go azgearhed and Tiny. Thanks.  :cheers:

Offline desotoman

« Reply #194 on: September 13, 2014, 07:46:15 PM »

Thanks Tom for stepping up. I will buy coffee and donuts next Thursday.

Mark,

Thanks but that is OK as I put my foot in my mouth. But I was just thinking if everyone would just send just $5 or $10, that would really help Jon and that would be the cost of one mixed drink,a Margareta or a glass of wine, except for Charles Shaw.(two buck Chuck)  :-D 

Mark is right this is not cheap for Jon so please help him out.

Thanks to those who have and will contribute.

Tom G.