Author Topic: Internet Audio feed for WoS?  (Read 39904 times)

Offline TrickyDicky

Re: Internet Audio feed for WoS?
« Reply #120 on: September 09, 2014, 10:43:10 AM »
Great sound in the UK.  Sounded like Danny nearly ran over the mic!

Shame about the record, but he is well set up for a longer course at the Shootout.

Offline 4-barrel Mike

• Any fool can drive a V8
Re: Internet Audio feed for WoS?
« Reply #121 on: September 15, 2014, 07:26:08 PM »
Speaking of Danny Thompson's pass this afternoon -- I wonder how much faster he would have gone if he hadn't had a bit of an incident.  According to what I heard at the table tonight he could barely see out as he was nearing the 5 mile.  And that makes what I heard earlier in the day when I was in the radio trailer with Ron Christensen.  Some of Danny's crew stopped by to ask if there was anyone in the pits that had three (3) 10-pound fire extinguisher bottles for the Thompson car. 

Sounds to me like the system triggered for some reason and made enough fog or mist or steam or something so his vision/visibility was compromised.

Well, that WAS a shakedown run, right?  Yeah -- 390++ on a shakedown run.

And I so wish you could have been out there to hear it.  When he left the push truck and got into the throttle -- it was a true shivers-down-my-back sound experience.  That sound alone made the event great for me. :cheers:

Video (strangely misdated):  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1kNtrRZwWc

Mike
Mike Kelly - PROUD owner of the V4F that powered the #1931 VGC to a 82.803 mph record in 2008!