Author Topic: 9216 APS-1350 rebuild  (Read 23571 times)

Jessechop

Re: 9216 APS-1350 rebuild
« Reply #30 on: March 07, 2015, 09:31:52 PM »
So, its been long, too long since I updated this. New job, bought a plasma cnc, and well in general life. Long story short the cases ended up at the machine shop for a few months fixing a broken snap ring land. Got the cases back a few weeks ago and have been picking away.

Motor is in, all of the plumbing except one vent line was finished today. Scrapped the rear hand mounted master in favor of foot operated. Had to order more parts, like every other project that I have everything for......I dont.  :-D At this point ($$ wise) I could of bought a used ZX14, put a Brocks pipe on it and ran for 200. But that wouldnt be any fun, and I mean that seriously.

First item was motor assembly.

Needed to clearance the rocker boxes to fit the bigger valve train

And then motor in the bike

That was where I finished last weekend

Jessechop

« Reply #31 on: March 07, 2015, 09:37:59 PM »
Then I brought the carb to work so  I could set it up on a mill to install the Tunderjet. Its nice to have tools like that at your disposal, and yes the machine shop where the cases were at for a few months in also where I work, go figure  :roll:

Something about drilling, milling and tapping a perfectly good carb that adds pucker factor

Then today I jumped on making a new coil bracket. It is dual plug, thus I needed to run two (or four) coils, or get a 4 tower coil. Since I am over budget and have two coils I opted for a mount. Did I mention I have a plasma CNC? Hahaha

Tomorrow when I finish up I will update with more pictures. There has been a bit of a delay with getting the pushrods. The primary gasket I ordered 2 weeks  ago it MIA and cant get in contact with the seller, go figure. Ordered a battery today, front tire, front brake hose and a slew of fasteners that cant be bought local (see living in the middle of nowhere)

Jessechop

« Reply #32 on: March 08, 2015, 03:56:37 PM »
Got a fair bit done today. For the most part I am done until parts arrive

I did take some time and cut a few parts on the plasma. First was a chain guard and then the base plate for the velocity stack (building my own)

Hoping everything shows up this week so I can fire it of next weekend

Offline Sporty Dan

« Reply #33 on: March 08, 2015, 04:57:52 PM »
Excellent update! You are making great progress, that build looks awesome!  :cheers:

Offline Frank06

Re:
« Reply #34 on: March 14, 2015, 11:35:45 PM »
Looking good Jesse!
E-Racer

Offline tauruck

« Reply #35 on: March 15, 2015, 03:01:20 AM »
Way to go Jesse. :cheers:

Jessechop

« Reply #36 on: March 15, 2015, 10:13:04 PM »
Some more updates. Bike is basically ready for a test fire, minus push rods and the ignition cup. The pushrods will be here tomorrow. The ignition cup I am not sure on. It is amazing how fast some companies can take your money and then supply parts (or even respond to an email) at there own pace.

New tire went on today, date code of 1313 and I got the tire on Friday the 13th. I am not a supersticous person but this has me wondering.

Left on the to do list other than than the previously mentioned:

put on front brake hose and bleed front brake (waiting on hose)
finish up the velocity stack
hook up shifter (waiting on parts)
Install exhaust after pushrods are in
make up some plug wires (kits coming with pushrods)
install grips
rivet chain together
install chain guard

That is really about it. Hoping all goes as planned so I can her it run next weekend

Jessechop

« Reply #37 on: March 29, 2015, 03:04:45 PM »
So, it runs! And sounds good. No oil leaks, one fuel leak at the acc pump. Debating if I should buy a new carb, parts to fix this one, or ? This was a bare body Joe gave me, then I pieced it together and now I am questioning myself if I should of done that.

Anyways. Bike is real close to being done. Shift linkage, chain and fix the fuel leak is really about all that needs to be done.

I used two single fire coils to fire the dual plugs, however that was sending the ignition into fault mode because of the wiring was telling the ignition it was a higher ohm coil. Thus I had to order new coils and then I built a new mount for those coils.

Offline debgeo

« Reply #38 on: March 29, 2015, 06:47:34 PM »
Fantastic job  :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
George---Sidecar in progress

Offline Koncretekid

« Reply #39 on: March 29, 2015, 08:07:10 PM »
Nice work, Jesse,
How much snow is left up there?  I know that New Brunswick (as well as Nova Scotia, but I'm in sunny Colorado now) are still getting snow and wind.
Tom
We get too soon oldt, and too late schmart!
Life's uncertain - eat dessert first!

Jessechop

« Reply #40 on: March 29, 2015, 08:28:58 PM »
Tom, not much really. Most fields are showing bare spots, rode motorcycle yesterday. I was at the runway yesterday and there is probalby around 10" of snow cover. After pavement breaks through it wont take long to be all pavement

Granted we will still get some snow before we race at the end of April, however that snow always melts in a few days

Offline Frank06

Re:
« Reply #41 on: March 30, 2015, 06:09:00 PM »
It's always good to hear them fire off w/o major issues.  Good on ya'!
E-Racer

Offline tauruck

« Reply #42 on: March 30, 2015, 11:36:22 PM »
Awesome job Jesse. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :wink:

Jessechop

« Reply #43 on: April 05, 2015, 03:49:16 PM »
More done. Could make some test passes right now.

Fished most of this list today

Made a mount for the wideband

Offline manta22

• What, me worry?
« Reply #44 on: April 05, 2015, 04:39:46 PM »
What did you catch, Jesse?  :-D

Regards, Neil  Tucson, AZ
Regards, Neil  Tucson, AZ