Author Topic: In Memory of Ruth...  (Read 8163 times)

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
  • Blanding, Ut..a small dot in the middle of nowhere
    • http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/sumnerindex.html
In Memory of Ruth...
« on: September 01, 2014, 12:17:39 PM »
It is with great sadness that I have to report that my "Ruth" passed away Saturday morning after a couple months of declining health.

She was the best thing that ever happened to me in this life and although we weren't together for a great number of years the joy we had and what we had was immeasurable and I was oh so lucky to have her and the experiences and love we shared.  She supported me in everything that was important to me and hopefully I take the good virtues she had and use them to make myself a better person in her honor.

She was almost 72 and I'm 70 and we had planned on growing old together but that is not to be.  I'm posting this as many of you knew her from my postings here or meeting her on the salt or at the house.  She loved going to Bonneville and meeting everyone, I was so lucky there.

Also this is a reminder to all of you that you need to decide what the really important things are that you want to experience in this life and do them if at all possible,

Sumner

Offline debgeo

Re: In Memory of Ruth...
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2014, 12:20:19 PM »
I am sorry for your loss GOD bless you both
George---Sidecar in progress

Offline Elmo Rodge

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2014, 12:22:30 PM »
Sum, I'm so  sorry to hear this. Ruth was a sweetheart. You're in my thoughts today. Wayno

Offline 4-barrel Mike

• Any fool can drive a V8
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2014, 12:29:06 PM »
Sum, I'm very sorry to hear this.  I wish that I had met her.  You're in my thoughts and prayers.

Mike
Mike Kelly - PROUD owner of the V4F that powered the #1931 VGC to a 82.803 mph record in 2008!

Offline dw230

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2014, 12:40:06 PM »
Very sorry to hear of your loss.

Joanie and I will keep the both of you in our prayers.

DW
White Goose Bar - Where LSR is a lifestyle
Alcohol - because no good story starts with a salad.

Don't be Karen, be Beth

Offline 38flattie

• http://www.flatcadracing.org/
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2014, 12:41:09 PM »
Sum, I'm very sorry for your loss! I wish I knew the magic words to ease your pain......
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. However, this is not necessarily a good idea. It is hard to be sure where they are going to land, and it could be dangerous sitting under them as they fly overhead. -- RFC 1925

You can't make a race horse out of a pig. But if you work hard enough at it you can make a mighty fast pig. - Bob Akin

http://www.flatcadracing.org/
http://youtu.be/89rVb497_4c

Offline Freud

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2014, 12:43:52 PM »
Leaning on the fender of the car on the main street of Wendover while you were buried deep

down under there changing an alternator or a water pump was just an example of how she

supported you. She could have been in the shade reading a book or taking a snooze but she

wasn't. The trips you shared on your boat must have built such a solid bond that losing her

has to be a blow to You. Sum, Thank You for introducing her to me. I was so impressed by

what the two of you represented. I cry for you. Now let your extended family from Bonneville

support you in this time of loss. 

FREUD
Since '63

Offline tauruck

« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2014, 12:45:24 PM »
So sorry Sum.

God rest her soul.

Condolences from Zina and I.

Mike Peter.

Offline manta22

• What, me worry?
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2014, 01:05:26 PM »
Sum;

I'm sorry to hear about Ruth. God bless you both.

Regards, Neil  Tucson, AZ
Regards, Neil  Tucson, AZ

Offline jpm49c

« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2014, 01:12:54 PM »
Very sorry to hear of your loss. Thoughts and prayers with you and family. John

Offline Peter Jack

« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2014, 01:23:39 PM »
Sum, I never met Ruth in person but from your postings I somehow got to know her and the wonderful relationship the two of you developed. Today I have a tear in my eye and an ache in my heart for the two of you. My sincerest sympathies Sum.

Pete

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2014, 01:30:22 PM »
Sum,  So few of us are blessed with finding our soul mates---one did not have to be around you two for very long to pick up on the respect and joy you two had for each other.  The joy you two felt exploring things and experiences together!!  

You two were there to PUSH for me when I got my 2nd hat---and two were there for the test and tune in July when I got to drive Ms LIBERTY for the first time---I so cherish the time I got to spend with Ruth in the 'burb  as she updated me on some of her medical struggles.  

Linda and I are heartbroken we will not have her as our house guest again---but we have already dug out little mentos, cards,  and fond memories of your vists to us and Ruth's notes to "Sweetie" at different times from your various boat trips.  

Ruth here is to the pleasure and joy of having known you and all the times we spent together, and the sorrow of not having anymore!  In LOVE and RESPECT!

Sum we are heartbroken we are not able to LOAD UP and head your way to try to hug and comfort you but we feel some comfort in know you have friends locally and family on the way.  Till we can hug you up close and personal.

Linda and Bill

Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline fredvance

• FVANCE
    • Vance and Forstall Racing
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2014, 01:34:27 PM »
Sumner, I am so sorry for your loss. I was looking forward to seeing you and Ruth at WOS. Ruth was such a joy to be around. I will miss her. Rest in peace Ruth.

Fred
WORLDS FASTEST PRODUCTION MOTORCYCLE 213.470
Vance&Forstall Racing
WOS 2011 235+MPH
Engine by Knecum, Tuned by Johnny Cheese.
Sponsers Catalyst Composites, Johnny Cheese Perf, Knecum Racing Engines, Murray Headers, Carpenter Racing

Offline Geo

« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2014, 01:50:27 PM »
Sumner,

I will always feel bright and warm as I think of Ruth. It was my pleasure to enjoy her company at lunch years ago. My condolences.

Geo

Offline desotoman

« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2014, 01:52:52 PM »
Sumner,

I never got to meet Ruth, but knew just how much you loved and respected her by reading your posts. I don't know what to say, except I am happy that you got to spend so much time together when you went on your Sailing journey, as no one can take your memories away from you and hopefully they will bring a smile to you remembering those days.  Ruth is a special person and is now in a special place.

Respectfully,

Tom G.
I love the USA. How much longer will we be a free nation?

Asking questions is one's only way of getting answers.

The rational person lets verified facts form or modify his opinion.  The ideologue ignores verified facts which don't fit his preconceived opinions.