Author Topic: Speedweek 2015!  (Read 30509 times)

Offline pofg

Speedweek 2015!
« on: August 26, 2014, 10:57:07 AM »
Well I get to be the first!
Given our spectacular lack of planning meant the Flower wasn't ready for Speedweek this year, I need to pin down a proper timetable for next year ASAP including working out which of the crew aren't committed to race meetings in the UK.
So, checked the SCTA website, but I don't see a date for Speedweek 2015 yet? (yes I know Speedweek 2014 ain't really dead and gone yet, but for those of us overseas that ship has sailed for this year). (Literally!)
Anyone official like know when it's likely to be?
Cheers
Rick

Grazing the Gravel Trap of Insanity.

#1133 Flower of Scotland.

Offline kiwi belly tank

Re: Speedweek 2015!
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2014, 11:03:03 AM »
My guess would be Saturday the 8th.
  Sid.

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2014, 12:29:26 PM »
SpeedWeek -- Aug. 8 - 14
World Finals -- Sept. 29 - Oct. 2

El Mirage
May 16 - 17
June 14
July 12
Sept. 13
Oct. 18
Nov. 14 - 15
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline pofg

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2014, 12:52:09 PM »
Thanks chaps. As suspected... right. Diary out.
Grazing the Gravel Trap of Insanity.

#1133 Flower of Scotland.

Sandee

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2014, 03:58:26 PM »
I was present at the Board meeting last Friday, and would like to advise that these dates have not been confirmed, only suggested and not approved by the Board yet.
I believe the Speed Week and World Finals dates are confirmed, however, I know that the El Mirage dates are just suggestions, and are to be reviewed at the next Board meeting.

Im not saying that these will not be the actual dates, Im just saying that the EM dates are not set in stone yet.

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2014, 04:44:19 PM »
I got this from the SCTA Secretary . . . (?)

Schwarz, Werner F
Aug 21

to rileylsracing, deliariley, scott.andrews, knitnracer, splashngo39, miriammacmillan, driver598, mike, keith, vintageracecar, mshuss, cree, catherinejunea., flyingkiwi97, dwarner230, media, MeToo15E, volkfamily59, me

FYI, pasted below please find the 2015 SCTA racing dates I found in the October 2013 Board meeting minutes. They were voted and accepted at that meeting according to the minutes.

Proposed 2015 Race Dates:  Steve Toller compiled the following proposed dates that will be solidified at the September 20th, 2015 SCTA Board and Reps. meeting.
Bonneville:
Speed Week:  Saturday August 8th through Friday August 14th
World Finals:  Tuesday September 29th through Friday October 2nd
El Mirage:

May 16-17

June 14

July 12

September 13

October 18

November 14-15

Roy Creel made a motion to accept these dates and Mike Manghelli seconds the motion.  No objections from any Board members are noted and the motion passes.  These dates are confirmed for 2015.

Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline Dynoroom

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2014, 05:42:08 PM »
Sandee, maybe it was the 2016 dates that we were also discussing that you heard were not confirmed.
After all you were busy most of the meeting.......  :-P  :-D 
Michael LeFevers
Kugel and LeFevers Pontiac Firebird

Without Data You're Just Another Guy With An Opinion!

Racing is just a series of "Problem Solving" events that allow you to spend money & make noise...

Sandee

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2014, 07:51:25 PM »
Well I'm willing to be incorrect and if that's the case I stand corrected. My recollection was that Roy suggested that Steve Toller work on the EM dates a little more and come back next meeting with the concrete dates. Maybe that was for 2016! You're right, I was too busy texting with "someone" on the other side of the room ;)

Offline desperate

• www.britchopper.co.uk
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2014, 08:26:21 AM »
Rick, you will have company. After all us Brits got home after the disappointment of being rained off, we got an email from Steve French asking if anyone was going back in 2015, as we had "Unfinished Business". There were an awful lot of "Yes's". See you there......damn, now I've got to start saving, & I haven't finished paying for the last trip! :-D
Don't push me, I'm close to the edge.

Offline Milwaukee Midget

• Global Moderator
    • Milwaukee Midget Racing
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2014, 10:35:51 AM »
Rick, you will have company. After all us Brits got home after the disappointment of being rained off, we got an email from Steve French asking if anyone was going back in 2015, as we had "Unfinished Business".

Unfinished Business, indeed.

For the last 3 weeks, when I tell folks we got rained out, I receive this incredulous look of pity. 

Typical of the conversations -

"You drove all the way out to Utah, and you didn't get to run?"

At this point in the conversation, I tell them,

"There's a container full of motorcycles on their way back to Great Britain as we speak.  There's an entrant from France with a Harley Davidson who got skunked.  My driver flew over from Melbourne, Australia.  The guy whose car holds the record I'm running on lives outside of London and was staying in the same hotel we were at."

"Unfinished Business" - absolutely.

I've no doubt you'll finish it.  :cheers:
"Problems are almost always a sign of progress."  Harold Bettes
Well, I guess we're making a LOT of progress . . .  :roll:

Offline Elmo Rodge

« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2014, 12:07:35 PM »
You think that's bad?  :roll: It took me almost 4 hours to drive home.  :-o         :cheers: Wayno

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2014, 12:20:03 PM »
Got a flathead tow vehicle, too.

Oh, you tradtionalists.  Probably flat-towed, too.

Offline PorkPie

• think fast.....always
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2014, 06:02:20 AM »
See you there......Dodge, now I've got to start saving, & I haven't finished paying for the last trip! :-D

Welcome to the club :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
Pork Pie

Photoartist & Historian & 200 MPH Club Member (I/GL 202.8 mph in the orig. Bockscar #1000)

Offline typo41

• Huntimer Photography
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2014, 02:43:39 PM »
I got to bring home a palet of calendars!!
Tony Huntimer
Huntimer Photography

Offline Phil Bennett

• 1978 Indy 500 Pace Car
« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2014, 07:11:52 AM »
Flights from the UK booked, fly in via Chicago to SLC and hope to get RV Saturday morning.  Fingers crossed all is well for 2015 and the rain stays well away.