Author Topic: L S R news releases  (Read 7556 times)

Offline JonAmo

Re: L S R news releases
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2014, 11:56:16 PM »
Well here is a way of looking at it.

If a team wants to tell a story on the updates on their projects then it should be posted for all to read. This is a Land Speed Racing website, that can evolve by have current material on the pages other than the forum.

However, if a team wants to tell their story with heavy involvement of sponsorship advertising, they should be blessed that they have help and they should want to promote the story to give their sponsorship companies the notoriety they deserve. A team should not have any issues posting a "donation" for the appearance of the article on the website. Main page view, front and center not hidden away several clicks away. I think a one time $25 or $50 donation for the appearance should suffice.

That type of material keeps the website "fresh" for content.

This is just a suggestion.

Jon

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2014, 07:07:54 PM »
Here's what we've set up:  Look on the home page of the forum for the new button labelled "News Links" (I think).  Click on it and you'll go to a website page where we've put the links to the stories.  The entire story or release will be on the site of the group sending the story, making it a lot easier for us to put there -- and use up a lot less space (not that that's a big deal, but it sounded cool to say, didn't it? :roll:).  No further on asking folks to pay to have their obviously commercial releases show up here, but I like Jon's idea and will probably try it when there's something obviously correct for that style of charge.  I can think of a few. . .

I've got a batch of them that might work in this new link button -- but I think they're at home and here I'm sitting cramped up on a motel room bed -- no time for me to go looking through a bunch of old stuff.  Yeah, yeah, whatever, Jon -- get it done and quit whining.

Give the button a try and tell me whatcha think, please.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline RidgeRunner

« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2014, 11:47:33 AM »
Slim,

"News Links" shows up as a blue box at the top of every thread here.  Easy access, clicked on it and works fine.

I like the format, looks like it should work out well for all concerned.  Two thumbs up from here on the ridge.

Ed