Author Topic: Rule change for additional spill plates  (Read 14030 times)

Offline jl222

Re: Rule change for additional spill plates
« Reply #30 on: November 23, 2014, 02:09:44 PM »
 Rule change summited  :-P

Basically calling for additional plates along spoiler inside of now allowed end plates. following existing specs.

Also stating care should be used to make sure bottom of plates [if used] does't interfere with parachute opening.

JL222

Hey...Dan did this pass. If so, would like to get going on them :cheers: I hope :-D

JL222

Offline Dynoroom

• Global Moderator
« Reply #31 on: November 23, 2014, 02:32:04 PM »
Yes it passed John. Get to it.....   :cheers:
Michael LeFevers
Kugel and LeFevers Pontiac Firebird

Without Data You're Just Another Guy With An Opinion!

Racing is just a series of "Problem Solving" events that allow you to spend money & make noise...

Offline jl222

« Reply #32 on: November 23, 2014, 02:47:52 PM »
Yes it passed John. Get to it.....   :cheers:

ALL RIGHT :-D :cheers:

JL222

Offline DLRA#363

« Reply #33 on: November 24, 2014, 03:40:28 PM »
This blown fuel competition utility has run over 210 MPH down here at Lake Gairdner and has a lot more in it for next year.
To quote the owner/driver Michael Brixton:
"A couple of pics of my ute showing what I have done re my extra spill plates added but how I have also added a pressure plate flap so it becomes a multipurpose re safety .

Basically the 2 taller inner spill plates become the pressure flap side plate guides if deployed in a spin and the 2 smaller inner spill plates become the pressure flap stop plates so what we have tried to do is build 2 safety features into the one design 1) to help the car stay straight at high speed and 2) the pressure flap so the Ute doesn’t turn into an aeroplane in a spin."

This pic shows the spill plates and also you can see the pressure flap plate that runs between the 2 taller inner side plates and you can also see the 2 inner smaller spill stop plates.

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #34 on: November 24, 2014, 07:14:29 PM »
That's gotta be the world's fastest "Ranchero".  Wonder what The Mayor of Wells' ran in the early 70s?
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline jl222

« Reply #35 on: November 24, 2014, 09:11:02 PM »

363...that's pretty close to what we plan. But will probably go full size in middle.

WIDE TIRES :-D

JL222 :cheers:
« Last Edit: November 24, 2014, 09:20:41 PM by jl222 »