Author Topic: Log Book  (Read 9124 times)

Offline lsrjunkie

Re: Log Book
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2014, 09:27:13 AM »
My number is all set, and has been. When I started all of this foolishness there was definitely a "wonder-number" I wanted to have. Talked to Chuck Kalbach and I'm good to go. I also understand that if I don't get the car done by next year, I'll need to again talk to Chuck and "re-up" my number.

The log book is just something that popped into my head the other day. Kind of like the inspection sheet I got from one of the tech inspectors when they teched the Flatcad this year. I don't need either one right now, but it sure is nice to be able to look them over and have a better idea of what I'm getting myself into.

There is still a whole lot to do before I even think about putting ole Hank on a trailer, let alone make any runs. But I figure the more of the procedural stuff I have figured out, may help make things go a bit smoother when I get to that point.
Maybe there is no Heaven. Or maybe this is all pure gibberish. The product of a demented hill billy who has found a way to live out where the winds blow. To sleep late, have fun, drink whiskey, and drive fast on empty streets with nothing in mind except falling in love or getting arrested.    H.S. Thompson

Offline Tman

« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2014, 12:56:27 AM »
Joe, you are doing it right. You and I are close in our experience, me being only slightly ahead of you in my time helping Tim.

Offline mbuk

« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2014, 11:55:55 AM »
What size photo will fit on the space on the log book? One of each side on the bike?.

Offline lsrjunkie

« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2014, 10:10:14 PM »
Dunno M. I should have mine in a few weeks. I'll let ya know.
Maybe there is no Heaven. Or maybe this is all pure gibberish. The product of a demented hill billy who has found a way to live out where the winds blow. To sleep late, have fun, drink whiskey, and drive fast on empty streets with nothing in mind except falling in love or getting arrested.    H.S. Thompson

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2014, 08:50:27 AM »
The book is about 9 x 12 (inches, that is), so figure you've got that much room inside the cover.  The idea behind requiring photos is so that the inspectors can compare them with the vehicle to confirm that the vehicle in the log book is the same one as the vehicle that's right there - in front of them.  I used a couple of side shots and that was enough.  Make them small enough that you can tape all the way around so they don't get snagged and pulled out over the years.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

gkabbt

« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2014, 11:27:50 PM »
Joe,  Log book is east bound with the hammer down!
One more thing out of the way!!!  :-D  :-D  :-D

Also, PM sent.

Gregg
« Last Edit: September 05, 2014, 11:46:15 PM by gkabbt »

Offline lsrjunkie

« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2014, 11:33:39 AM »
Thanks again Gregg! Got it this morning!
« Last Edit: September 08, 2014, 12:14:09 PM by lsrjunkie »