Author Topic: Log Book  (Read 9106 times)

Offline lsrjunkie

Log Book
« on: August 18, 2014, 05:45:04 PM »
I am looking for more information on the log book required by the SCTA.

Can I get one before registering for an event?

If so, where?

What pertinent info needs to be in the log book? i.e. receipts, SFI numbers of various components, pictures, etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!     Joe

Maybe there is no Heaven. Or maybe this is all pure gibberish. The product of a demented hill billy who has found a way to live out where the winds blow. To sleep late, have fun, drink whiskey, and drive fast on empty streets with nothing in mind except falling in love or getting arrested.    H.S. Thompson

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
Re: Log Book
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2014, 05:50:32 PM »
You can get one from usfra.
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2014, 05:54:55 PM »
Joe, here's the story.  The logbook is so sacred that you don't get one issued to you until the inspectors arrive at your car/bike to inspect it.  they carry them with their other inspecting stuff.  They hand it to you and ask you for it.  If it isn't completely and properly filled out they will flunk you for inspection and have you return to the end of the line, giving you time to fill it out.  That makes sense, doesn't it?

More seriously, I think you get them from the registration trailer at SCTA and I don't know where from USFRA.  I also don't k ow if they can be had by mail.  You'll have to ask someone else about that.

The first page is stuff that will help identify your vehicle -- things like a serial number, if there is one, and manufacturer and date and other permanent data (that won't change as you modify and build on the original).  You put your name and stuff like that there, too.  I'd expect that stuff that you do to the car/bike in the original build for presentation for inspection should go on the front page, too.

You'll need a good photo or two or three of the race vehicle.  That gets stapled to the inside front cover -- so the inspectors know that the vehicle they're seeing is the one whose book they're holding.  And the book comes with your LSR chassis number sticker (usually in a small brown envelope attached to the cover (inside or out, front or back).  The sticker has a number on it that coincides with the number on the book, and the sticker is to be placed on something really permanent of the bike or car - like the frame.  The sticker must be visible to the inspectors so they'll know, again, that they're looking at the right book for that car or bike.

If you have any things that are different or unusual enough to have received comments from an official or if you've sent a query about something and received a response -- print it, including the name and the date of the official's signing, and keep that in the book, too.

If you want the officials to be sorta happy with you you can use the 3 holes in the binding and keep the book in a 3-ring binder.  That also might make it easier to find the book when you're loading for an event.  As so many of us say -- ask me how I know this is correct. :roll:
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

gkabbt

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2014, 06:20:09 PM »
Joe, If you're not going to either the WoS or WF, I can pick up a log book for you at the WoS and drop it in the mail.
I did the same thing for SteveM and his Rampage.....Got the book in Wilmington and mailed it to him.

Let me know something,
Gregg
« Last Edit: August 18, 2014, 06:21:49 PM by gkabbt »

Offline lsrjunkie

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2014, 07:23:27 PM »
Gregg, That would be awesome! PM sent.
Maybe there is no Heaven. Or maybe this is all pure gibberish. The product of a demented hill billy who has found a way to live out where the winds blow. To sleep late, have fun, drink whiskey, and drive fast on empty streets with nothing in mind except falling in love or getting arrested.    H.S. Thompson

Offline Richard 2

• 2 Richards Racing
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2014, 08:17:24 PM »
I was thinking that the Inspectors handed me the Log book when they inspected the car the first time, because the number on the log book matched the chassis number they put on the car. But its been 6 years ago.
Richard 2
219.648 mph F/BFMR 2010 Record
4 cylinder Esslinger
Could of had a V8

gkabbt

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2014, 08:30:16 PM »
Gregg, That would be awesome! PM sent.

PM replied to.

Gregg

Offline lsrjunkie

« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2014, 10:15:29 PM »
I'm just wondering if I can get a log book to make sure all my ducks are in a row before I get to tech inspection.

Offline Richard 2

• 2 Richards Racing
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2014, 11:06:05 PM »
LSR, I think the entry/Inspection Form for cars will help you be ready for tech. You can down load it off the SCTA-BNI web-site under forms and doc's on the left side column.    It has a complete check list and ask for all your information.
Richard 2

You can find the inspection form for cars at the bottom of this link page.

http://www.scta-bni.org/SCTA_OfficialDocuments.html
« Last Edit: August 18, 2014, 11:17:24 PM by Richard 2 »
4 cylinder Esslinger
Could of had a V8

Offline Freud

« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2014, 12:33:27 AM »
Treat your log book as though it was your Passport.

That's where it ranks at B'ville.

I know: both can be replaced, but not fast enough

FREUD
Since '63

gkabbt

« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2014, 07:33:21 AM »
Another PM replied to!

Gregg

Offline lsrjunkie

« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2014, 09:16:50 AM »
Thanks for all the good info guys! I really appreciate it!

Offline Richard 2

• 2 Richards Racing
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2014, 02:51:29 PM »
Treat your log book as though it was your Passport.

That's where it ranks at B'ville.

I know: both can be replaced, but not fast enough

FREUD

Ya, I had to send mine to CA with the Engine to get Cert'ed. Worried about losing it the Whole time it was gone.
Richard 2
4 cylinder Esslinger
Could of had a V8

Offline Tman

« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2014, 08:44:11 PM »
You need your number as well, Talk to chuck Kalbach. I got my logbook 2 years at speedweek.

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2014, 09:37:39 PM »
Let's not get carried away here.

You don't need a number until you're ready to show up at an SCTA event.  Maybe the one you want has just cleared.  You need to get it cleared.  If you've got some wonder-number you've got to have, I guess you can go for it and make sure you reapply when, and if, you ever really need it.

The log book, even more so.  You need to have one when you show up for your first inspection.  It may take up to 10 minutes to get one.  If you get one early, you may need to paint over it, who knows.  Lots more more important things to think about while you still have chalk on the ground.
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records