Author Topic: TFA is disappointed but VERY happy...  (Read 14712 times)

Offline Elmo Rodge

Re: TFA is disappointed but VERY happy...
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2014, 01:36:23 AM »
The Foreign looking guy in the crazy Pith Helmet in that first picture looks like he is lost, or perhaps he is looking for the Jenny Craig recipe book....fat bugger.......
Mirror, mirror, on the wall. Who's the................Oh. Never mind.  :-D  :cheers: Wayno

Offline entropy

« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2014, 07:44:20 AM »
... .325 sounds pretty good...
Sounds fantastic to me!

Jack,
my Partner Don is a pilot and surely knows about aeros, but I know nothing about aeros and see it and the other test numbers as directional info for improvements.  We would like to build a hp-mph graph so we can make a decision on possible engine changes for 2015.  TFA's pockets are not very deep.

The Foreign looking guy in the crazy Pith Helmet in that first picture looks like he is lost, or perhaps he is looking for the Jenny Craig recipe book....fat bugger.......
KP,
one of the TFA crew wanted to know if you are from England :wink:

You guys have done a masterful job on that car. We really felt it had a ton of potential and we are sure you guys will prove that out. The car is simply beautiful and your changes, additions and rebuilds are simply so well thought out and wonderfully executed.
  We'll be watching and cheering on your every adventure with it!

Chaz,
Thanks!
Don's fabrication skills show his A&P background.  Personally, i LOVE the canopy!
We had offered earlier to put one of your crew in the seat for a pass, but now unfortunately I don't think that is possible.  :-(
 The cockpit, seat and belts are constructed/configured specifically for Don & I at 6' 3" / 240# and any drivers need to be very close to that size to be safe in the car.

Karl, sounds like you guys are really going to be Car Guys after all...  :roll:
We only got as far as Denver,
Wow, jumping into the tunnel with Tom is about as good as it gets for a rain out trip, that data is your ticket to going fast.
See you at WoS

Stainless,
We were exceedingly lucky that Tom offered his help!  It seems like it is a must to have someone at the WT test who really knows  how to get the most out of your specific objectives.  The WT personnel are VERY helpful but they test lots of stuff besides cars, e.g motorcycles, bicyclists & skiers etc.
Yes indeed, i look forward to seeing you (finally) at WOS.

I was soooo disappointed for you guys when I heard of the cancellation but leave it up to Karl to make chicken salad out of chicken Subaru. :cheers:
Mind if I ask what the wind tunnel costs were?  I would love to put the big blue bike in there.
Tom

Tom,
I am sooooo happy about yr current excellent health!  Whew!
We paid $2000 for 4 hours of testing (8-12).  They let us in at 7am for set up.  I feel that $2k is a bargain!!!
Are you coming to WOS?
« Last Edit: August 16, 2014, 07:46:18 AM by entropy »

Offline sabat

« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2014, 08:40:18 AM »
Using other folks' calculators, you will need around 500hp to go 250, and around 850hp to go 300. Easy-peasy! :)

https://www.rbracing-rsr.com/aerohpcalc.html

Offline entropy

« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2014, 09:03:45 AM »
Using other folks' calculators, you will need around 500hp to go 250, and around 850hp to go 300. Easy-peasy! :)
https://www.rbracing-rsr.com/aerohpcalc.html

something tells me that there might be other mitigating factors... :-D

Offline sabat

« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2014, 09:07:15 AM »
Whatever could you mean???  :-D