Author Topic: World of Speed 2014  (Read 87130 times)

Offline Tom Liberatore

Re: World of Speed 2014
« Reply #90 on: September 02, 2014, 02:59:08 PM »
Is there a public list of pre-entries for WOS? I think somebody asked about this but I cant find the response...

Sleepless in WI.

Each time I think Im ready I seem to make a new list....

Anyway we will be loading TMRW night and leaving very early Wednesday morning. Hope to see all of you soon.

Burton Brown
Pepperoni Bros. will be there, are you Wisconsin fellows bringing any Bratwurst?
Pepperoni Bros.- XF/VOT

Offline Milwaukee Midget

• Global Moderator
    • Milwaukee Midget Racing
« Reply #91 on: September 02, 2014, 05:33:56 PM »
Pepperoni Bros. will be there, are you Wisconsin fellows bringing any Bratwurst?

I don't know what Burton's bringing, but I had to leave my car and tow vehicle with friends in Utah for the last month.  Flying in, and hoping it all fits in the overhead.

I'm just hoping there's still some beer left in the cooler when I get there!  :cheers:

"Problems are almost always a sign of progress."  Harold Bettes
Well, I guess we're making a LOT of progress . . .  :roll:

Offline fredvance

• FVANCE
    • Vance and Forstall Racing
« Reply #92 on: September 02, 2014, 05:34:49 PM »
Are we going to have Salt Talks??
WORLDS FASTEST PRODUCTION MOTORCYCLE 213.470
Vance&Forstall Racing
WOS 2011 235+MPH
Engine by Knecum, Tuned by Johnny Cheese.
Sponsers Catalyst Composites, Johnny Cheese Perf, Knecum Racing Engines, Murray Headers, Carpenter Racing

Offline Milwaukee Midget

• Global Moderator
« Reply #93 on: September 02, 2014, 05:38:13 PM »
I don't know what Slim's got up his sleeve officially.  Doesn't mean an ad hoc gathering couldn't occur.

Offline Elmo Rodge

« Reply #94 on: September 02, 2014, 05:49:33 PM »

I don't know what Burton's bringing, but I had to leave my car and tow vehicle with friends in Utah for the last month.  Flying in, and hoping it all fits in the overhead.

I'm just hoping there's still some beer left in the cooler when I get there!  :cheers:

Don't get your hopes up.  :roll:  :cheers: Wayno

Offline Milwaukee Midget

• Global Moderator
« Reply #95 on: September 02, 2014, 07:00:48 PM »
Don't get your hopes up.  :roll:  :cheers: Wayno

A small price to pay for the grand courtesies and comforts of the Rodge Mahal and its innkeeper and friends.

I'm not too worried - Fordboy's good a sniffing out tasty malted beverages in the most unlikely of places.

:cheers:

gkabbt

« Reply #96 on: September 02, 2014, 07:27:55 PM »
Fred and Chris,

Here is Jon's post from 08/24 in regards to a Salt Talks at WoS:

Speaking of WoS 2014 -- this will be your reminder that I'll be on the salt with a (too big) inventory of 2014 Salt Talks shirts.  We've run kind of low of some sizes, so if you're going to want a shirt or two it wouldn't hurt to let us know so we can be sure to have enough of the correct size to fill your order.

There are the shirts with the photo collage of Ray the Rat on the back - a true collector's edition to honor Ray.  Buy one for your collection and one to wear - unless you want more than one to wear. :evil:

And speaking of Salt Talks - I'm not sure if I'll try to stage the picnic that didn't happen at SpeedWeek.  Nancy won't be with me this time around so I'd have to do the whole danged thing by myself.  Yes, volunteers are very much helpful, but there's also the background work - buying the groceries, lugging the big grill from the Enola Gay food stand to the Museum parking lot - and back, and so on.  I won't be dragging our trailer out to the salt this time, so there goes the way of transporting the tables and that big stuff.

If there's a massive groundswell of interest I can be talked into it, but -- speak now or forever hold your piece (:evil:).  In the meantime -- order some shirts and plan to buy even more when I'm out there.
As for me, I'm all in for a Salt Talks gathering this weekend!  :cheers:  :cheers:  :cheers:

See you guys on the salt!

Gregg

Offline USFRAMONTE

« Reply #97 on: September 02, 2014, 11:27:52 PM »
Well,  another productive day of work on the salt.  I received a phone call this morning reminding me that the international course is scheduled to be used for Cook's Shootout, which is right after WOS.  My bad.  Anyway, moved to the west and started dragging a new track parallel to the international.  Both tracks looking good.  Also got the pit area smoothed out.  I will take more  photos tomorrow and post them when I get back to the motel.  It has dried significantly since yesterday. It was beautiful blue skies  and lots of sun the past two days.  Things are looking good.

Offline dw230

« Reply #98 on: September 02, 2014, 11:41:49 PM »
Thanks Monte,

DW
White Goose Bar - Where LSR is a lifestyle
Alcohol - because no good story starts with a salad.

Don't be Karen, be Beth

Offline Milwaukee Midget

• Global Moderator
« Reply #99 on: September 02, 2014, 11:44:32 PM »
Monte - please pass on a heartfelt "Thank You' to yourself and those putting the courses together.

For many of us, this is the last best chance to race this year, and I for one am profoundly grateful for the work you're doing.

Sincerely,

Chris Conrad

Offline bigtim44

• NaCl addict
« Reply #100 on: September 03, 2014, 12:18:41 AM »
We'll be loading up tomorrow, then hit the road early thursday to get on the salt just after lunch.
Cheers
Tim
Salty Box Racing #622 B/DT

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #101 on: September 03, 2014, 06:37:52 AM »
To the question of Salt Talks at WoS:

I don't know for sure.  My truck is still in the shop -- so I'm driving a kinda small Chevy Cruze and don't have room for lots of the stuff that I'd take to Salt Talks.  I don't have much in the way of vision through the inside mirror -- that's how full it is packed.  I've got a few things, like raffle tickets and the Salt Talks t-shirts, but just plain don't have room for everything.  Let's keep the ad hoc idea alive and maybe as we travel we can come up with a way to do some Salt Talks activity.

Sorry to sound negative on the entire ST idea - but there just ain't room in the car.  See you on the Salt.  Should arrive there Friday mid- to late afternoon. :-D
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline BurtonBrown

• Victory Motorsports
« Reply #102 on: September 03, 2014, 12:11:01 PM »
Beer, Rumchatta, Cheese and Brats all loaded. Pepperoni Bros. it will be good to see you again!

I have two rooms extra that I need to cancel unless someone wants them. They are $39/night at the Knights inn for Thursday-Tuesday. 5 Days $196 total. (I'm Pretty cheap)

If someone wants them call me before 4 central otherwise I,m cancelling them 920-585-0776.

We will be on the road by 12:30PM central......So much for leaving early this morning and stopping at Speedy Bills Museum.

Burton
"Live every day like its your last....some day it will be"

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #103 on: September 03, 2014, 12:12:03 PM »
Anyone traveling through SLC airport or willing to swing through the airport Friday after 130pm please PM or email me.  Max Lambky's son, little Max needs a ride.
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #104 on: September 03, 2014, 12:14:37 PM »
Slim, looks like you should contact Burton about food for salt talks  :roll:  :-D

Beer, Rumchatta, Cheese and Brats all loaded. Pepperoni Bros. it will be good to see you again!

Burton
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O