Author Topic: World of Speed 2014  (Read 87132 times)

Offline Freud

Re: World of Speed 2014
« Reply #75 on: August 30, 2014, 07:43:31 PM »
We will read them !!

Don't disappoint us.

FREUD
Since '63

Offline Milwaukee Midget

• Global Moderator
    • Milwaukee Midget Racing
« Reply #76 on: August 30, 2014, 07:51:38 PM »
I don't want to get overly optimistic, but I keep looking at the 10 day forecast, and it just keeps getting better and better -

http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/USUT0270

Yeah, it could all change, and I don't want to jinx it, but it sure didn't look this good going into Speedweek.
"Problems are almost always a sign of progress."  Harold Bettes
Well, I guess we're making a LOT of progress . . .  :roll:

Offline Elmo Rodge

« Reply #77 on: August 30, 2014, 08:22:24 PM »
That's what I'm seeing, Chris.  :cheers: Wayno

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #78 on: August 30, 2014, 08:49:05 PM »
Leaving early Thursday AM, both Liners. :cheers:
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline tauruck

« Reply #79 on: August 30, 2014, 08:51:16 PM »
 :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Offline CGoodson

« Reply #80 on: September 01, 2014, 01:17:54 PM »
Let's hope the weather holds out for World Of Speed. We will be licensing Barc Goodson in the Bockscar Lakester my father. I can't wait to see him go fast. He has driven everything from Funny Cars and Front Engine Dragsters for Kenz and Leslie's to dirt modifies and builds beautiful hot rods. It has been along time since being in the driver seat but I believe it will be like he has never been out of the seat when he steps on the throttle. At age of 74 he will finally get his chance to race on the salt. He went to Bonneville with his father in the 50's and again in the 70's with the Peek Bro. roadster. Then came back in 2010 to work on the Bockscar and watch me go fast. 2011 at Speedweek he watch me break the record and join the 200mph club and couldn't of done it with his encouragement and support. I heard from the guys that there was a tear in his eye when I broke the record, I think I made him very proud that day. I thank my father for teaching me about cars, racing and teaching me about life. He will be able to check this off his bucket list and fulfill one of his dreams to race on the salt.  I hope I get to hand him his RED HAT and be a part of the 200MPH club with me. Now it's my turn to encourage and support him for what ever happens on the salt I am proud of my Dad.  Also want to thank Stainless and John Boy for everything they have done for me and my father on the Salt and there friendship.
LET'S GO RACING! :cheers:
Corey Goodson
cgr138@gmail.com
hptt:www.facebook.com/corey.goodson
1000 Bockscar Lakester H/BFL Red Hat record 233.119
Currently Building #1177 G&S Roadster H/BFR

Offline Peter Jack

« Reply #81 on: September 01, 2014, 01:28:12 PM »
Great adventure story Corey. The best of luck to you and your dad. Stainless is a special person with the number of people he has shared the car with and allowed to get records in their own names.  :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: To the whole Bockscar group.

Pete
« Last Edit: September 01, 2014, 01:32:11 PM by Peter Jack »

Offline Buickguy3

« Reply #82 on: September 01, 2014, 09:54:37 PM »
   Cory, What a great story. "Git 'er done".
I keep going faster and faster and I don't know why. All I have to do is live and die.
                   [America]

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #83 on: September 01, 2014, 10:42:49 PM »
Great adventure story Corey. The best of luck to you and your dad. Stainless is a special person with the number of people he has shared the car with and allowed to get records in their own names.  :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: To the whole Bockscar group.

Pete

Special?... like short bus special maybe.... Our team members all get an opportunity to drive sooner or later.  Barc has worked to keep us doing everything the same every time... He is a good wrench and works pretty hard for an old guy.  :roll:
The motor we put together for Barc failed to survive its second dyno experience after our first session data showed we were running out of injector.  So he will drive our biggest motor ever.... The Knecum 1... no stranger to Bonneville, the motor has already put someone in the club on a bike.  Our fingers are crossed.
 :cheers:
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline BurtonBrown

• Victory Motorsports
« Reply #84 on: September 01, 2014, 11:48:32 PM »
Is there a public list of pre-entries for WOS? I think somebody asked about this but I cant find the response...

Sleepless in WI.

Each time I think Im ready I seem to make a new list....

Anyway we will be loading TMRW night and leaving very early Wednesday morning. Hope to see all of you soon.

Burton Brown
"Live every day like its your last....some day it will be"

Offline USFRAMONTE

« Reply #85 on: September 02, 2014, 12:30:54 AM »
Arrived on the salt at 10:45 this morning.  Started dragging and was able to get some done on both courses.  We will be using the international course as our long track and course 2 as our short track.  There is still a significant amount of water at lands end.
I have included some photos.  The first was taken at lands end.  The second shows the international course at about the 4 mile
looking back towards the start line.  The third was taken on course 2 at the three mile looking back to the starting line.

Offline Milwaukee Midget

• Global Moderator
    • Milwaukee Midget Racing
« Reply #86 on: September 02, 2014, 02:18:22 AM »
Is there a public list of pre-entries for WOS? I think somebody asked about this but I cant find the response...

Sleepless in WI.

1:15 AM on Tuesday - you, too, eh?

'sconsin will be well represented.  :wink:

"Problems are almost always a sign of progress."  Harold Bettes
Well, I guess we're making a LOT of progress . . .  :roll:

Offline PorkPie

• think fast.....always
« Reply #87 on: September 02, 2014, 06:09:50 AM »

Pete

Special?... like short bus special maybe.... Our team members all get an opportunity to drive sooner or later.  Barc has worked to keep us doing everything the same every time... He is a good wrench and works pretty hard for an old guy.  :roll:
The motor we put together for Barc failed to survive its second dyno experience after our first session data showed we were running out of injector.  So he will drive our biggest motor ever.... The Knecum 1... no stranger to Bonneville, the motor has already put someone in the club on a bike.  Our fingers are crossed.

Stainless,

I fly in to Salt Lake Friday night, so I will be at the salt on Saturday morning...missing the inspection day

...and for Barc....it is great to see him in the Bockscar.....it's need a long time that he accept at last to go for a record....we talked with him for years....may be changed his mind after he saw that a photographer can drive the Bockscar......Barc, get your Red Hat, too :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
Pork Pie

Photoartist & Historian & 200 MPH Club Member (I/GL 202.8 mph in the orig. Bockscar #1000)

Offline SteveM

« Reply #88 on: September 02, 2014, 11:54:51 AM »
Rolling out of STL on Thursday morning, and should arrive in Wendover Friday evening.

Leaving the trailer and race truck there saved me big $$$$ in fuel for the towing vehicle.

Towing out there for SpeedWeek, the truck got 12.6 mpg.  On the way back, without the trailer, we got 22.8 mpg for the 1,500+ mile trip. (2013 Ram 2500 diesel).

Steve.
1/2 of the Rampage Brothers

Offline tauruck

« Reply #89 on: September 02, 2014, 01:39:24 PM »
Steve and Chris, I wish you both the best runs ever.
Crank those Green Meanies UP!.
Travel safe. :cheers: