Author Topic: World of Speed 2014  (Read 87375 times)

Offline sabat

Re: World of Speed 2014
« Reply #150 on: September 09, 2014, 10:41:58 AM »
None.  We're running return runs right now.

That's what I wanted to eff'n hear :)

Offline Jack Gifford

« Reply #151 on: September 10, 2014, 01:06:15 AM »
Umm... nothing posted for the last 15 hours or so?
M/T Pontiac hemi guru
F/BFL 1-mile Loring record 2020

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #152 on: September 10, 2014, 04:39:44 AM »
I am with you Jack I have been at a trade show with  Terry and we feel lost  what All happened and we heard there were several mishaps w
how are the folks doing the steam driver update?     the bike rider? the corvette   are we going to have to start going to multiple places to get info/  Goodness WE  miss RtR
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #153 on: September 10, 2014, 10:30:41 AM »
World of Speed 2014 is in the history books now, and I'm writing this note to thank the many of you that took the time to send a donation to landracing.com to help pay some of the costs of sending along what information I could gather and transmit.  I'll try to send individual thank you emails, but until then -- thank you for hanging in there while I got the audio streaming sorted out, and for watching all of the posts that I and others made during the event.  Your help makes it all fun as well as possible.

I'm not sure yet if I'll hang around for the Lucas event that may or may not happen later this week.  It's still up in the air as to whether there'll even be an event, and if there is -- is it worth the hassle and costs of staying out here to send the information down the wire.  I'll find out more today and let you know what I've learned.

In the meantime, thanks again for your help and interest.  It's a blast being able to do this for us all.

Jon a/k/a SSS
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline ack

« Reply #154 on: September 10, 2014, 06:40:35 PM »
World of Speed 2014 is in the history books now, and I'm writing this note to thank the many of you that took the time to send a donation to landracing.com to help pay some of the costs of sending along what information I could gather and transmit.  I'll try to send individual thank you emails, but until then -- thank you for hanging in there while I got the audio streaming sorted out, and for watching all of the posts that I and others made during the event.  Your help makes it all fun as well as possible.

I'm not sure yet if I'll hang around for the Lucas event that may or may not happen later this week.  It's still up in the air as to whether there'll even be an event, and if there is -- is it worth the hassle and costs of staying out here to send the information down the wire.  I'll find out more today and let you know what I've learned.

In the meantime, thanks again for your help and interest.  It's a blast being able to do this for us all.

Jon a/k/a SSS

Just talked to Mike Cook don’t know where Slim got his information but the event is absolutely on. Course markers are in place porta potty’s setup. Right now 5 ½ good hard miles to the clocks and Mike thinks he will be able to provide a 6 mile run up. With 3 miles to stop. It’s called the Mike Cook Shootout Test and Tune. Lucas may come up with some money if then it will be the Lucas Mile. We are on our way there.

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
« Reply #155 on: September 10, 2014, 07:06:35 PM »
Mike, i got the information from Cook himself -- but I guess it was a few hours earlier then when you did.  When I was out there there wasn't an event title like you've reported.

I saw two truckloads of porta-potties headed past the truckstop as I was leaving - but didn't follow to see where they went.

Will there be any certifying bodies out there?  FIA/FIM/SCTA/USAC/AMA?  I didn't hear anything other than Dave Petrali was probably already headed out -- don't know if FIM Charlie will be there.  Nothing was mentioned about him.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline ack

« Reply #156 on: September 10, 2014, 07:17:24 PM »
Mike, i got the information from Cook himself -- but I guess it was a few hours earlier then when you did.  When I was out there there wasn't an event title like you've reported.

I saw two truckloads of porta-potties headed past the truckstop as I was leaving - but didn't follow to see where they went.

Will there be any certifying bodies out there?  FIA/FIM/SCTA/USAC/AMA?  I didn't hear anything other than Dave Petrali was probably already headed out -- don't know if FIM Charlie will be there.  Nothing was mentioned about him.

This is from Mike's website:

Update 9/9/14

If you’re having difficulty reaching Mike Cook about attending the test and tune session you can call PR Director John Baechtel @ 951 824-0625. I will be posting updates frequently and will try to help accommodate your needs and questions.

Tuesday 9/9/14:  10 am

Attention: Cook Shootout Postponed to the pre-planned rain date of October 5-10.

Test and tune will be run on the shorter course during the scheduled period from  9 /12-16

The Cook team conducted an extensive evaluation of salt conditions early this morning and determine that they cannot guarantee a long enough course to conduct the high speed shootout on time. The first mile is fair, 2nd mile is bad, 3 to the 9 is good, 10 questionable and 11, 12 are bad. The weather is holding but the track is poor at the 2 and no good at the far end.

Because so much of the track is good in the middle Cook has decided to throw the current date open as a test & tune for racers who want to run without FIA timing on the shorter course that is still useable.  Anyone who wants to run needs to call Mike Cook’s cell phone  immediately at 951 675-3070. We’re taking a limited amount of cars at this point and some of the fast cars are staying on for testing. Among those already requesting to run are Poteet & Main Speed Demon, Ack Attack, the Mariani streamliner, Allan Johnson’s Studebaker, RJ Gottleib’s Big Red Camaro and others. The test and tune fee is a flat $2500 for a 5-mile course with terminal speed timing. If you still want to come we need t know ASAP.

There will be no FIM/FIA records as it is a one way run only with a 5 1/2 to 6 mile run before the timing lights we should see some impressive speeds which really don't count for anything but will give an indication of what the machines are capable of when we get a good 2 way course.

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
« Reply #157 on: September 10, 2014, 07:27:00 PM »
Thanks, Mike.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Heather w.

• New folks
« Reply #158 on: September 10, 2014, 07:58:20 PM »
In Case you didnt read the other post here are the confirmed records from Tuesday!
New Records for 9/9/14 that were confirmed!
Starting again with the cars -

63 Buillits racing - Terry Fisher  XF/BGC 146.944

73 Mariani Farms - Dennis Mariani  E/BGMR  265.172

221 Liberty Garage - Steve Nelson V4/FL 201.804 NEW 200 MILE PER CLUB MEMBER!!!!

351 Jim Lindsey - Jim Lindsey XF/BGRMR 139.239

546 Brigham Young University - Jim Burkdoll E1/S 204.893

622 Salty Box Racing - Tim Boyle B/DT 190.140

635 Salty Dog Racing - John Rank AA/GMR 296.180

917 Penny Ante Racing - Kyle Sullivan G/STR 143.868

1479 Jesse's Truck Services - Rick Winders I/DS 83.580

1925 Costella Rush Ormsbee  - Mike Ormsbee H/GRMR 166.718

6311 Bullit Racing - Terry Fisher XF/BGALT 149.711

7951 Marino Batto - Rocky Marino XO/BFR 151.301

9922 Tom Donney - Pavel Osovets J/PROD 112.642

Alright onto bikes!

329B Pepperoni Bros - Tom Libertore 750-mps-pg 151.433

410B Travis Sutton - Travis Sutton 650-m-bf 169.891

760B Team Mcleish Bro's - Derek Mcleaish 1000-scs-pf 168.352

785B Lambky's Liner - Don Angel 3000-scs-pbf 187.766

829B Blackeall Performance - Steve Harrison 3000-a-pbg 139.289

1329B Pepperoni Bros - Tom Libertore 750-mps-pf 154.293

1763B Valerie Thompson - Valerie Thompson 1000-mps-g 208.812 New 200mph CLUB MEMBER!!!

2401B Hellcat Racing - Jason Sarratt 1350-sc-pbf 118.362

2469B Jay Allen Racing - Jay Allen 2000-a-pf 173.636

3416B Guthrie Levie Racing 250-mps-pbf 70.541 John Levie

3417B Guthrie Levie Racing 250-mps-pbf 73.898 John Levie

3418B Guthrie Levie Racing 3000-aps-g 211.877 John Levie

Offline USFRAMONTE

« Reply #159 on: September 11, 2014, 11:02:26 AM »
Just a quick note to catch everyone up to date. We finished the racing on Tuesday afternoon about 2:30. We started the clean up
process right away. Picking up cones, course markers, pulling down inspection tents, packing the registration, timing and sales trailers
and getting them hauled to the end of the pavement, and rolling up all the wire...(that is where the problem popped up). We use a Briggs & Stratton gas engine to spin the spools and wind up the wire. The engine crapped out and by the time they got the problem solved and the wire picked up it was 11:00 pm Tuesday night. Everyone was too tired to keep going so it was decided to finish putting everything away in the storage units on Wednesday. Myself and several others had to be back to work on Wednesday so we packed our vehicles and headed for home.  I got to bed at 2:00 am Wednesday morning. Gary, Ellen, Reed and Dennis, (hope I didn't leave anyone out) worked all day Wednesday to get everything put back in their respective resting places until next year. Gary and Ellen will be coming back to Salt Lake sometime today.
That is why we have been delayed getting the final run data posted. As soon as we can catch up on our sleep, we will get the info up on the website and here.
Thanks to all that showed up to participate. It was a great event, not without some problems, but great nonetheless. I will post some
more info as I get time.

Offline jimmy six

« Reply #160 on: September 11, 2014, 11:23:38 AM »
What ever happened with Skip Hedrichs liner? How did they get him out being so far down past the end of the course?.......just askin'
First GMC 6 powered Fuel roadster over 200, with 2 red hats. Pit crew for Patrick Tone's Super Stock #49 Camaro

Jessechop

« Reply #161 on: September 11, 2014, 11:40:00 AM »
What ever happened with Skip Hedrichs liner? How did they get him out being so far down past the end of the course?.......just askin'

They pulled it out with a couple of UTV's (side x sides). I don't know any more of the story than that though

Offline jl222

« Reply #162 on: September 11, 2014, 12:13:49 PM »

THANKS Monte!!  USFRA, Slim,  all the workers and updaters. Great job :cheers:

More work than a lot realize.

Looking forward to run logs.

JL222
« Last Edit: September 11, 2014, 12:18:39 PM by jl222 »

Offline SteveM

« Reply #163 on: September 11, 2014, 05:18:19 PM »
What a fantastic time we had. :-D

The whole experience at World of Speed was incredible.

I would like to thank everyone individually, but I'm afraid I might leave someone out.  For that reason, I'll throw out a big THANK YOU to EVERYONE who made this event possible, and for everyone who showed support for our team.

I was truly blown away by the positive response we got from so many people for our little green Rampage.

Thanks again,

Steve.
1/2 of the Rampage Brothers

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #164 on: September 12, 2014, 12:25:29 AM »
 :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!