Author Topic: Utah Salt Flats Racing Association salt report, 8/23/14 @ 12:30 PM  (Read 2849 times)

Offline Wester

Utah Salt Flats Racing Association salt condition report 8/23/14 @ 12:30 PM.
I just had a call from the USFRA crew who are on the salt today.  It's sunny and warming out there. Course #1 isn't going to be smooth enough to use so we will use Course #2 for the fast cars. That will give us just over 7 1/2 miles of good salt. Course #3 is long enough for us to run 130Club and 150 Club cars and bikes there with around 5 miles of good salt. They are dragging and packing both courses as you read this. 

There is  standing water at the end of the access road and against the mountains but things dry out less than a mile from the end of the pavement.  That should improve with sun and breezes to go with our lower humidity.  The plan now is to add 8 hours to the event by starting earlier in the morning and staying on the salt later in the afternoon. That's a very long day for the volunteers running the event but great news for the racers.

We will post updates immediately should it be necessary.             

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
Re: Utah Salt Flats Racing Association salt report, 8/23/14 @ 12:30 PM
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2014, 06:00:14 PM »
Thanks very much for the cogent report, Wes.  I appreciate it - because it makes planning a trip out to Bville easier when I (we) know that there'll be a race course to use once we get there. :-D
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Texican

Re: Utah Salt Flats Racing Association salt report, 8/23/14 @ 12:30 PM
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2014, 04:07:04 PM »
Thanks very much for the cogent report, Wes.  I appreciate it - because it makes planning a trip out to Bville easier when I (we) know that there'll be a race course to use once we get there. :-D

It's just too bad We don't have a contact with either The National Guard or Army Corps of Engineers; to see if they would like to practice building about a 1/2 mile Pontoon bridge.

That 14" of brine is somewhat discouraging.

Hugh? Got any suggestions?

Jim