Author Topic: Hotel refunds  (Read 43686 times)

Offline azgearhed

• 1979 Z-28 AA/CBGC & AA/CGC & AA/CBGALT
Re: Hotel refunds
« Reply #45 on: August 15, 2014, 03:25:59 PM »
Azgearhead in your first posting you said you checked out 6 a.m. Sunday, in which case they should refund for Sunday night.  But if you checked out 6 p.m. then their refund would be correct.  I checked out Sunday a.m. and did get refund for that (Sunday) night.

Just talked to the MB secretary. The refund criteria was set up for SW packages, which are 5 nites. Even though I checked out Sunday at 6 AM, I was charged for Sunday nite. If I had stayed Thursday nite as well, they would have refunded Sunday nite. Its like they wanted at least 3 nites worth of revenue out of the 5 day package. Clear as mud right?  Anyway I'm done Fording around with it-time to get back to racing. The world finals has been extended three days.  :cheers:           
BC Racing 1979 Z-28
AA/CBGC Record 251.802 Speed Week 2012
AA/CBGALT Record 255.382 Speed Week 2013
AA/CBGC Record 226.104 El Mirage Sept 2015
AA/CBFALT Record 227.954 El Mirage June 2016
AA/CBGC Record 267.878 Speed Week 2018
AA/CBGALT Record 236.458 El Mirage Nov 2016
It's a lot of work to have fun...

Offline BobDcuda

« Reply #46 on: August 15, 2014, 05:53:58 PM »
OK, I did have a Thursday night stay on that one room.  Yes, clear as mud...and now

Back to racing!

Offline BoredAndStroked

« Reply #47 on: August 17, 2014, 11:55:05 AM »
Just want to give the Nugget credit - as I had room reservations from Thursday before the meet through the next Thursday night (about $1500), checked out on Saturday AM - they only charged me for the two nights I stayed - nothing more.   The total charge was $330.

The Nugget is not an inexpensive place to stay (none of the big hotels are), but when you have an issue (like coming in late, or leaving early), they make an effort to accommodate you - which is why I continue to stay there.

I will be back at the Nugget in the future - for the race in September . . .  or next SW.

B&S
Member of FlatCad Racing Team - 2011, 2012
Goal:  Have fun, make friends, be safe - learn as much as possible, contribute when I can and hopefully get in the books!

Offline Nortonist 592

• http://www.artfv.com/design/fashion/
« Reply #48 on: August 17, 2014, 02:27:39 PM »
I'll add my kudos to the Nugget.  We were booked for five nights and left after two.  No problems.  No hassle.  We will be back.
Get off the stove Grandad.  You're too old to be riding the range.

Offline Toolman

• New folks
« Reply #49 on: August 18, 2014, 10:39:36 AM »
I called the rainbow as soon as i found out the event was cancelled. I told i wanted to cancel my reserevation. She gave me a cancellation confirmation number. Said she would call me about the money. She did call and i am getting about half my money back. Better than nothing.
GENE TINNEY

Offline SteveM

« Reply #50 on: August 18, 2014, 12:22:11 PM »
The manager at the Rainbow told me how much she was crediting my account, but I haven't seen it appear on my online CC statement yet.

Steve.
1/2 of the Rampage Brothers

Offline widgeon

« Reply #51 on: August 19, 2014, 11:37:09 AM »
Montego Bay refunded my unused days without any problem the same day I checked out.  Very nice on their part as they really did not have to do it.  When you buy a season ski pass there is no guarantee they are going to to have snow.  We all had a choice to buy the package or not. Same deal....Might write them an "Thank YOU" note.  Rich

Offline SteveM

« Reply #52 on: August 19, 2014, 01:27:33 PM »
 The Rainbow front desk was very cordial and professional, telling me that they would refund the last 4 days of my stay When I spoke to them 1 week ago.  I was thankful and expressed my thanks to them.  I have written and called several times, but have not been contacted in return since then.    When I booked the room in February, it was with the understanding that the room was non-refundable.  It was nice of them to tell me that they would issue a refund for the Monday through Thursday portion of my booked stay.

However, they did not follow through and actually ISSUE the refund, which is really the more important step, as opposed to TELLING ME that they were going to issue the refund. (kind of like the Seinfeld car reservation story).

Now, the Hotel Manager is on Vacation until Saturday, so I will not be hearing back from her before then, and no one else is authorized to issue refunds from the SpeedWeek packages.

Steve.
1/2 of the Rampage Brothers

Offline Milwaukee Midget

• Global Moderator
    • Milwaukee Midget Racing
« Reply #53 on: August 19, 2014, 01:58:37 PM »
Hi, Steve -

Esmerelda told me it would take one to two weeks - thus my surprise when it appeared on my credit card statement last week.

I'd make that call on Saturday - sorry to hear you're getting the run-around.

And I will see YOU in about 18 days!  :cheers:
"Problems are almost always a sign of progress."  Harold Bettes
Well, I guess we're making a LOT of progress . . .  :roll:

Offline BALS aSALT

• Go Fast Be Safe...oh, and hold my Redbull
« Reply #54 on: September 29, 2014, 03:16:27 PM »
I had good luck at the MB. they refunded the days not stayed AND gave a break on the days stayed. I'll stay there again. :cheers:
it is better to live one day as a lion, than it is to live one thousand days as a lamb. or maybe it is better to burn out than fade away.