Author Topic: Hotel refunds  (Read 43696 times)

Offline gman7

Re: Hotel refunds
« Reply #30 on: August 12, 2014, 07:16:02 PM »
The Montego is refunding nights if you checked out at the front desk, meaning they knew about it. They charged me the first 3 nights and refunded to my card the other 3 nights without any argument :-)

Offline SteveM

« Reply #31 on: August 12, 2014, 08:26:03 PM »
I just booked a double-king at Montego Bay for Thursday night through Tuesday checkout for just a little bit more than my "leftover" refund from Rainbow.

Like Milwaukee Midget said - it was pretty much a wash (except for the highway robbery room tax, convenience tax, toilet paper tax, leaving town tax, and every other kind of add-on tax associated with hotel rooms.)

Steve.
1/2 of the Rampage Brothers

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #32 on: August 12, 2014, 09:04:10 PM »
Say, "Thanx, Stan."
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline SteveM

« Reply #33 on: August 12, 2014, 09:53:47 PM »
Thanx, Stan.

Offline Milwaukee Midget

• Global Moderator
    • Milwaukee Midget Racing
« Reply #34 on: August 12, 2014, 11:38:16 PM »
 Not so fast midget. you may have just hosed yourself.
  Normally the Speedweek rates are ONLY for Speedweek.  You might want to check on line to reserve rooms using the W.O.S. dates just for kicks (possibly yourself).
  Two years ago I paid $220. for one room at the Peppermill for Speedweek and had a nicer room for the W.F.'s for $39. Yes, $39.
                                                                                 Ol' One Run.......... who seldom gets it right the first time............

The total credit for the 2 nights in question for two rooms came to about $440.00.  The breakdown of the charges were what I had agreed to in February - the higher prices on the weekend, lower prices during the week. 

It makes sense when their normal weekend night rate is $129.00, then get's progressively less expensive starting Monday, when it drops to $49.00.

And during WOS, they accept a 24 hour cancellation.

If I had felt cheated by the arrangement, I wouldn't have signed up in February.  That they bent is, in my mind, an indication of good faith on their part that I didn't really expect.

They worked with me in a crummy situation for everybody, and I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and my business for WOS.

Had they stuck to their guns on the policy, I'd have found another place.

Say, "Thanx, Stan."

Thanx, Stan.
"Problems are almost always a sign of progress."  Harold Bettes
Well, I guess we're making a LOT of progress . . .  :roll:

Offline Dr Goggles

• The Jarman-Stewart "Spirit of Sunshine" Bellytank
    • "Australian Bellytank" , http://thespiritofsunshine.blogspot.com/
« Reply #35 on: August 13, 2014, 12:03:24 AM »
All I can say on this subject is thanks  Wayno.....

And no thanks to Hughey........

Few understand what I'm trying to do but they vastly outnumber those who understand why...................

http://thespiritofsunshine.blogspot.com/

Current Australian E/GL record holder at 215.041mph

THE LUCKIEST MAN IN SLOW BUSINESS.

Offline edinlr

« Reply #36 on: August 13, 2014, 12:11:26 AM »
I agree with the above comments about the refunds.  I doubt AMEX would have gone in my favor given that I paid back in the winter.  Assuming Montego Bay gives me a refund, I won't hesitate to go back next year.
Honda CX650 turbo, Kawasaki H2 Ninja, Kawasaki ZX750 turbo

Offline azgearhed

• 1979 Z-28 AA/CBGC & AA/CGC & AA/CBGALT
« Reply #37 on: August 13, 2014, 10:00:15 AM »
First I want to thank all the volunteers who make Speedweek possible. I'm sure it is just as disappointing for them as it is for the racers when the event is canceled. We had a great time in the Montego parking lot and met some good people. As for the hotel refunds, I think what they did for me was weak suck. They didn't get hurt financially if this was their typical resolution to the "Speedweek package" problem. I had two rooms for Friday-Tuesday, we stayed Friday nite and Saturday nite and checked out at 6am on Sunday. Just found out they are refunding me $262 per room. I know the rates are higher on premium nites but the math still works out this way: Friday-Tuesday package, $1177 per room. stayed Friday and Saturday, checked out Sunday am, refund for unused nites, $262 per room. That means Friday and Saturday cost $457.50 per room per nite. I've stayed there for 4 years, I'll probably stay there again, but I expected about twice as much as they came up with.
BC Racing 1979 Z-28
AA/CBGC Record 251.802 Speed Week 2012
AA/CBGALT Record 255.382 Speed Week 2013
AA/CBGC Record 226.104 El Mirage Sept 2015
AA/CBFALT Record 227.954 El Mirage June 2016
AA/CBGC Record 267.878 Speed Week 2018
AA/CBGALT Record 236.458 El Mirage Nov 2016
It's a lot of work to have fun...

Offline BobDcuda

« Reply #38 on: August 13, 2014, 08:02:06 PM »
Azgearhead, you might give Montego another call and ask them to run through the math with you.  Seems like they've only given you credit for the last two nights, the nights of Monday & Tuesday.  As you mentioned, they do charge different rates per day, based on the day of the week.  When I booked my rooms, their rates were $259/night for Friday thru Sunday nights, $129 for Monday nights and $109 for Tuesday night.  Those rates plus the Resort fee + taxes made the same $1,177.40 you had.  I had two rooms with staggered days, one vacated on Sunday morning (same as you) and one vacated on Monday morning.  I was given credit for all days + some or all of the fees/taxes (I didn't calculate all to the penny).

Something's not right with your numbers.  Check it out, and let us know how it works out.

Offline SteveM

« Reply #39 on: August 13, 2014, 08:07:27 PM »
I checked out of the Rainbow on Saturday afternoon (after checkout time), so technically I was there for Saturday night.  They charged me for Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, which is perfectly reasonable in my mind (less than 24 hours notice).

When I paid for the room back in February, it was with the understanding that the rooms were non-refundable.

I am more than satisfied with being refunded for Monday through the following Thursday night, and will be returning for WOS (weather permitting).

Steve

Offline azgearhed

• 1979 Z-28 AA/CBGC & AA/CGC & AA/CBGALT
« Reply #40 on: August 14, 2014, 11:46:58 AM »
As I stated, the refund I received was for Monday and Tuesday. Even though I checked out sunday at 6, they charged for sunday nite and that's why the refund ($262) was such a small percentage of the $1177 total. Always wondered about the "non-refundable" part of Speedweek package - and here I am. I think the MB management did make an effort to resolve the refund situation (they could have said no) but with all gaming entities, the house has the advantage. Otherwise they wouldn't stay in business. BTW- any news on an extended World Finals?
BC Racing 1979 Z-28
AA/CBGC Record 251.802 Speed Week 2012
AA/CBGALT Record 255.382 Speed Week 2013
AA/CBGC Record 226.104 El Mirage Sept 2015
AA/CBFALT Record 227.954 El Mirage June 2016
AA/CBGC Record 267.878 Speed Week 2018
AA/CBGALT Record 236.458 El Mirage Nov 2016
It's a lot of work to have fun...

Offline jimmy six

« Reply #41 on: August 14, 2014, 02:15:17 PM »
If any of you remember Robin Williams (RIP) playing Popeye you may remember him coming ashore at the begining of the movie. Everything had a tax....That's how I feel here in Cali and when I check into a room anywhere in the country........JD
First GMC 6 powered Fuel roadster over 200, with 2 red hats. Pit crew for Patrick Tone's Super Stock #49 Camaro

Offline SteveM

« Reply #42 on: August 14, 2014, 02:54:05 PM »
When Hotel Taxes are on a local ballot, they almost always pass, because it's those "Out of Towners" who have to pay the taxes.

No matter where you stay, the Hotel Taxes are ridiculous.

Steve.

Offline BobDcuda

« Reply #43 on: August 15, 2014, 12:16:32 PM »
Azgearhead in your first posting you said you checked out 6 a.m. Sunday, in which case they should refund for Sunday night.  But if you checked out 6 p.m. then their refund would be correct.  I checked out Sunday a.m. and did get refund for that (Sunday) night.

Offline Milwaukee Midget

• Global Moderator
    • Milwaukee Midget Racing
« Reply #44 on: August 15, 2014, 01:19:54 PM »
I just checked my AMEX account - the credit from the Rainbow has posted.
"Problems are almost always a sign of progress."  Harold Bettes
Well, I guess we're making a LOT of progress . . .  :roll: