Author Topic: Hotel refunds  (Read 43687 times)

Offline Freud

Re: Hotel refunds
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2014, 12:06:10 PM »
It worked for Bret.

FREUD
Since '63

Offline sirstude

« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2014, 01:28:42 PM »
Red Garter even did not charge me for Saturday night when I called to cancel at noon on Saturday. 

Doug
Doug Strong

Hooley (974) lets me work on his car.

Offline Texican

« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2014, 03:50:18 PM »
Wendover KOA charged us for the full 5 night stay even though we used one. Very matter of fact ( tough nuts) also. We have stayed there for 4 years and that fact did no good. I'm Pee'd off. i will be contacting KOA parent company and look for a different place next year (hotel).

BUMMER!!!!!!!

Here is a response that I elected to send to KOA mngmt on your behalf.
If a few other folks do the same, we might get something done to correct the problem.  Even thought hey pretty much have a monopoly; they have to report to someone with a P&l.

Perhaps there are camper (Good Sam?) publications with letter to the editor columns that can be blistered.

"If this is typical behavior, and you allow your franchise holders to commit extortion and robbery; You can bet that as a recent purchaser of a motor home; I'll plan all my trips to avoid your properties, ANYWHERE!
  This particular park has a bad reputation,already.

Good to see them living up to prior billing."

Cameradude
New folks

« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2014, 05:46:10 PM »   

Wendover KOA charged us for the full 5 night stay even though we used one. Very matter of fact ( tough nuts) also. We have stayed there for 4 years and that fact did no good. I'm Pee'd off. i will be contacting KOA parent company and look for a different place next year (hotel).

BUMMER!!!!!!!

Regards and good luck,
Jim

Offline tater

• New folks
« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2014, 07:55:29 PM »
Super 8  gave us a full refund of unused days :cheers:

Offline Freud

« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2014, 08:15:19 PM »
They are in Old Wendover...............

FREUD
Since '63

Offline SteveM

« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2014, 04:10:47 PM »
The "Big 3" have a message posted on their website that refund information would be available on Monday. (They just didn't say which Monday).

Since there was no additional information posted on their website, I called the Hotel Manager at the Rainbow, but haven't heard back from her yet.

Steve.
1/2 of the Rampage Brothers

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2014, 04:17:43 PM »
You could be better off getting a refund than applying it to future dates.  Future dates could be 1/2 the price or less.
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline SteveM

« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2014, 05:13:42 PM »
You could be better off getting a refund than applying it to future dates.  Future dates could be 1/2 the price or less.

Which might mean that I don't have to bunk 7 people in a room intended for 4.  :cheers:

Steve.

Offline Milwaukee Midget

• Global Moderator
    • Milwaukee Midget Racing
« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2014, 06:12:02 PM »
Steve -

Call and ask for the manager at the Rainbow.  We left Monday, the meeting you spoke of indicated their chief concern was covering Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

We were credited Monday and Tuesday for 2 rooms, which we applied to 1 room during WOS at what amounts to a wash.

"Problems are almost always a sign of progress."  Harold Bettes
Well, I guess we're making a LOT of progress . . .  :roll:

Offline Bob Drury

« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2014, 06:41:46 PM »
  Not so fast midget. you may have just hosed yourself.
  Normally the Speedweek rates are ONLY for Speedweek.  You might want to check on line to reserve rooms using the W.O.S. dates just for kicks (possibly yourself).
  Two years ago I paid $220. for one room at the Peppermill for Speedweek and had a nicer room for the W.F.'s for $39. Yes, $39.
                                                                                 Ol' One Run.......... who seldom gets it right the first time............
« Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 06:48:26 PM by Bob Drury »
Bob Drury

Offline thundersalt

• www.americanrvservicecenter.com
« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2014, 06:59:43 PM »
Called MB this morning. We too were credited 2 rooms Monday and Tuesday. Very nice and professional and thanked us for our business and patience. :cheers:
916 REMR
2017 AA/FRMR Bonneville Record holder 234.663
2018 AA/GRMR El Mirage Record holder 223.108
2020 AA/BGRMR Bonneville Record holder 252.438
2021 AA/BGRMR Bonneville Record holder 262.685
El Mirage 200 MPH Club
Drivers/Owners: Brian & Celia Dean

Offline SteveM

« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2014, 07:02:02 PM »
Steve -

Call and ask for the manager at the Rainbow.  We left Monday, the meeting you spoke of indicated their chief concern was covering Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

We were credited Monday and Tuesday for 2 rooms, which we applied to 1 room during WOS at what amounts to a wash.

I did ask for the manager (Esmerelda), was put into her voicemail on 2 occasions, and haven't heard back yet.

Steve.

PS - I saw the Milwaukee Midget Friday night and Saturday morning, but never got a chance to meet you in person.

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #27 on: August 12, 2014, 07:08:08 PM »
hey One Run... get back on your meds....

My math says the Motel 6 didn't give me a refund because I called and moved the room back until the meet canceled, then I called to cancel...  Mrs. Kim said she missed us this year and signed me up for my rooms next year.  

I guess I will call and stay there for WoS and/or WF
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline typo41

• Huntimer Photography
« Reply #28 on: August 12, 2014, 07:09:39 PM »
We have stayed at the KOA almost every year since 1999 (we got a unused room once). Unlike all the Big Three that make their money on Gambing and Food, the KOA only makes their money from people staying on site. If you read the agreements it says no cancelation after three days before Speed Week (if I remember right). Lucy that manages the location (offsite owners) is a great person and loves all the racers and give us alot of slack, like not doing a head count at the sites and somehow the bathroom and shower doors are propped open so even the non-payers can use.
So before you all storm off and 'write your congressmen' about how terrible the KOA is, they are way ahead of the Bend, the museum site and hills above the Bend. And where are you going to dump your 'tanks' after your 'free sites' at the Bend?
Tony Huntimer
Huntimer Photography

Offline SteveM

« Reply #29 on: August 12, 2014, 07:14:50 PM »
I just spoke to Esmerelda at Rainbow.  As indicated above, they are refunding Monday, Tuesday, Wendesday, and Thursday night's stays.

I will re-book ASAP for WOS!

She was very professional, and I am pleased with the outcome.

Steve.