Author Topic: Hotel refunds  (Read 43684 times)

Offline edinlr

Hotel refunds
« on: August 10, 2014, 11:19:35 AM »
Dumb question, but did anyone have any luck with shortening their stay and getting a refund?
Honda CX650 turbo, Kawasaki H2 Ninja, Kawasaki ZX750 turbo

Offline widgeon

Re: Hotel refunds
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2014, 01:05:42 PM »
Spoke with Montego Bay hotel management yesterday. Very accomodating and indicted the corporation (Montego Bay, Peppermill, Rainbow), CEO and management are having a meeting Monday regarding how to handle their hotel situation.  Don't _ _ _ _ them off. I'm sure they read these postings also..... They were very nice yesterday and understand of our situation.  Hold on.........
« Last Edit: August 10, 2014, 02:50:19 PM by widgeon »

Offline mtkawboy

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2014, 02:00:17 PM »
A buddy of mine that was flying in Saturday got off with $220 for 1 nights stay at the Nugget which totally surprised him figuring he was going to eat the whole $1100 so there's hope

Offline Milwaukee Midget

• Global Moderator
    • Milwaukee Midget Racing
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2014, 02:12:13 PM »
Which hotels have you been speaking with?

Thanks.

Chris
"Problems are almost always a sign of progress."  Harold Bettes
Well, I guess we're making a LOT of progress . . .  :roll:

Offline 38flattie

• http://www.flatcadracing.org/
Hotel refunds
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2014, 02:18:51 PM »
Nugget only charges you for nights stayed.

Part of the team stayed at the Rainbow, and no refund was given. They were going to contact them this week and are what they could get done.
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. However, this is not necessarily a good idea. It is hard to be sure where they are going to land, and it could be dangerous sitting under them as they fly overhead. -- RFC 1925

You can't make a race horse out of a pig. But if you work hard enough at it you can make a mighty fast pig. - Bob Akin

http://www.flatcadracing.org/
http://youtu.be/89rVb497_4c

Offline edinlr

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2014, 02:23:01 PM »
We are at the Montego Bay.

Offline edinlr

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2014, 02:53:58 PM »
I just talked with a manager at the Montego Bay and he thought that refunds would be okayed after the meeting.

Offline Bob Drury

« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2014, 04:13:45 PM »
  Nugget charged us for one extra day  for early cancelation but that's a hell of a lot better than the Big Three.
Bob Drury

Offline Cameradude

« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2014, 06:46:10 PM »
Wendover KOA charged us for the full 5 night stay even though we used one. Very matter of fact ( tough nuts) also. We have stayed there for 4 years and that fact did no good. I'm Pee'd off. i will be contacting KOA parent company and look for a different place next year (hotel).

BUMMER!!!!!!!
Go fast, be safe, drive it like you stole it. Love life, your friends and the USA.

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2014, 07:27:40 PM »
How'bout trying the campground behind the Shell station/next to the Stateline Nugget?   They had quite a few racers in there this time around - and I saw a good sized handful of empty spots.  I don't know contact information but would guess that calling the gas station or the West Wendover Welcome Center will get you the information you need.  Best of luck.  Major bummer about the KoA.  We stayed there many times in the past and didn't have any issues.  I'm glad we aren't going there any more.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2014, 08:21:20 PM »
Wendover KOA charged us for the full 5 night stay even though we used one.

Been there--- have that memory---that is why we camp out the first day or 2--after Sunday---we find someone to take us one day at a time at NORMAL rates.

« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 12:39:28 AM by SPARKY »
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2014, 08:53:13 PM »
Wendover KOA charged us for the full 5 night stay even though we used one. Very matter of fact ( tough nuts) also. We have stayed there for 4 years and that fact did no good. I'm Pee'd off. i will be contacting KOA parent company and look for a different place next year (hotel).

BUMMER!!!!!!!
KOA sucks, their electrical system blew my converter on my trailer last year.

Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline Bob Drury

« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2014, 09:34:12 PM »
  and the handle on my Nugget rooms toilet was backward's.  Now that was the sh*ts.................   One Run, out.................................
Bob Drury

Offline joea

« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2014, 10:01:18 PM »
Bob, come on.. there was an update/warning bulletin on that on the FB site....and the reg internet
site, oh snap.... it may take a few days for the US Mail note to arrive

Offline SteveM

« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2014, 10:32:11 PM »
I inquired with the Rainbow about the possibility of transferring the unused nights for a date in the future (WOS or WF).   I will follow up with a polite call Monday afternoon. It sounded promising. 

It will be great if they issue partial refunds or re-scheduled dates. I'm sure that all of us agreed to the "non-refundable" terms when we paid for the rooms, so please be professional when talking to the hotel management.
1/2 of the Rampage Brothers