Author Topic: Too Late?  (Read 3535 times)

Offline ststubbs

• New folks
Too Late?
« on: August 06, 2014, 05:18:20 PM »
The wife and I are making our 3rd pilgrimage to Speedweek, but have always gotten the the first weekend and left by Tuesday. This year, due to work, we won't be able to get there until Wednesday the 13th. Because we have not been there before the second half of the week, will it still be the atmosphere and cars still running as it is at the beginning of Speedweek? We have had such a great time the last 2 years, we don't want to be let down because we missed all the pomp and circumstance.

velocity

Re: Too Late?
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2014, 07:18:30 PM »
It's a roll of the dice, dependent on weather and parts. Wednesday can be fine or could be real slow but if folks a re grinding away on records you may find great drama with fewer vehicles. You don't day how far you have to come so that might factor in. . .

Offline ststubbs

• New folks
Re:
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2014, 09:24:33 AM »
We actually live in Park City, Utah. 2 hours towing trailer, not far, just want to make sure pits and starting line are not deserted. If no "Go Fast" isn't happening, Bendover is not a destination trip for us just to camp at.

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2014, 09:32:16 AM »
Wow, a 2 hour drive it quite the risk....
Mine is only 18 or so.... the guys from the east coast travel for days
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline Milwaukee Midget

• Global Moderator
    • Milwaukee Midget Racing
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2014, 09:45:17 AM »
It's usually a little more down to business by Tuesday and Wednesday.  Yeah, half of the circus has packed up the tents by Wednesday, but it's still worth hanging around for.

The pomp and circumstance - yeah, it's cool, but I go for the feature, not the support act.
"Problems are almost always a sign of progress."  Harold Bettes
Well, I guess we're making a LOT of progress . . .  :roll:

Offline rlague

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2014, 12:35:16 PM »
It's usually a little more down to business by Tuesday and Wednesday.  Yeah, half of the circus has packed up the tents by Wednesday, but it's still worth hanging around for.

The pomp and circumstance - yeah, it's cool, but I go for the feature, not the support act.

I think the schedule will slide a little this year due to weather.
IGNITION3  Productions
WORLD'S FASTEST MOTORCYCLE DVD/TV Show 
WORLD'S FASTEST MOTORCYCLE - BOOK
ACK ATTACK - RECORD BREAKING MOTORCYCLE - BOOK
ISDE DVD series
www.worldsfastestmotorcycle.tv
www.ignition3.tv
www.isde.tv