Author Topic: Engine class registration.  (Read 3019 times)

Offline bbarn

Engine class registration.
« on: August 03, 2014, 07:49:47 PM »
How hard / what is the process for doing an engine class change (not gas to fuel, but A to AA) during the week? My guess is you just pay for the dual registration, but do you have to set this up early in the week or walk up to the trailer anytime to get that done?
I almost never wake up cranky, I usually just let her sleep in.

Offline JR529

Re: Engine class registration.
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2014, 08:40:31 PM »
That is just considered a class change. You need to fill out the class change paperwork, change the number on your car and go through tech again. It's pretty painless but don't do it till you are ready to run with the new configuration. The tech is usually not a full blown inspection, it is mainly looking at things that are part of the class change (like adding nitrous) You don't need to schedule it beforehand, just go up there when you are ready.

Offline jacksoni

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2014, 09:57:27 PM »
What, are you putting the other couple of pistons in or a new engine? ECTA allows running up in class, SCTA does not so the displacement does in fact need to go up to go from A to AA. A body class from, for instance, GC to ALT can be accomplished with some tape over the grill. If you have the ability to swap engines mid week, and of course some do, have at it and yes, paper work, pay money and re tech. Go for it!
Jack Iliff
 G/BGS-250.235 1987
 G/GC- 193.550 2021
  G/FAlt- 193.934 2021 (196.033 best)
 G/GMS-182.144 2019

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2014, 10:22:05 PM »
I'm not sure what the figure is -- but you don't pay for "dual" registrations.  But it's a good amount.  Don't do it 'til it's running. 

And to change numbers, you might get one assigned to you in the usual way beforehand.  Most just change a 345 to a 3451 or 1345 with a taped "1".  Or change a 1 to a 7 the same way.

The paperwork's easier than the engine change.
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline dw230

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2014, 11:37:58 PM »
When the entry enters Impound following completion of the second run the engine will be checked for displacement. As mentioned - you MUST be in the displacement class entered - NO running up class with a smaller displacement engine.

DW
White Goose Bar - Where LSR is a lifestyle
Alcohol - because no good story starts with a salad.

Don't be Karen, be Beth

Offline bbarn

Re:
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2014, 05:40:05 AM »
It will be a full engine swap from A to AA.
I almost never wake up cranky, I usually just let her sleep in.