Author Topic: Raspberry Rocket 300MPH belly tank lakester for sale  (Read 8345 times)

velocity

Raspberry Rocket 300MPH belly tank lakester for sale
« on: July 25, 2014, 04:58:21 PM »
Long time racer and friend to the sport Tim Rochlitzer's Raspberry Rocket belly tank lakester is for sale.

It has set many records over the years and currently holds 3. The car put 4 into the Bonneville 2CLub, 3 in Muroc, 2 El Mirage.

i know there are 2 SBC and couple of trannys together with a trailer and gobs of spare parts. There is plenty more, but I don't recall it all. This is one stout machine

The log book is current and the car is inspection ready if you want to race this year.

Rochlitzer's business, True Radius Bending has been closed. The race car is - SADLY - being sold to assist with a crushing debt of medical bills. I do not know the details but you can contact Tim's son and 2Club member, Brad by calling (805) 455-7363 or at brochlitzer@mac.com for details.

Offline Freud

Re: Raspberry Rocket 300MPH belly tank lakester for sale
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2014, 12:14:35 AM »
Thanks Louise. Every bit of help they can get is most appreciated.

You presented their situation with class.

FREUD
Since '63

Offline NathanStewart

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2014, 03:48:49 PM »
Ok, I'll be that guy.  Does anyone happen to know a ball park asking price?  I'm not a prospective buyer however the RR is one of my personal favorite cars and whomever buys it is buying a dead nuts reliable, consistent, no drama car that has always gone fast with no issues.  Wonder if they'd part the engines from car as a potential buyer may be more interested in getting the car only.  Maybe once an asking price is posted it may prompt interested parties to pick up the phone. 
El Mirage 200 MPH Club Member

Offline doug odom

• Global Moderator
    • popmotorsports.com
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2014, 11:49:47 AM »
Brad told me that they would like to get $60K for the entire package. Car, trailer, motors, tires etc.

Call Brad for more info if truly interested.    Brad 805-455-7363
Doug Odom in big ditch

How old would you be now if you didn't know how old you are?
If you can't race it or take it to bed - it ain't worth having.

Offline desotoman

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2014, 03:00:57 PM »
I asked Brad to send me some information on the car so I could post it for people who might be interested, and he sent me a PDF file on the car, so here is what he has for sale. Contact Brad 805-455-7363 for further information.

Tom G.

PS. Click on picture twice for larger view.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2014, 03:03:00 PM by desotoman »
I love the USA. How much longer will we be a free nation?

Asking questions is one's only way of getting answers.

The rational person lets verified facts form or modify his opinion.  The ideologue ignores verified facts which don't fit his preconceived opinions.

velocity

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2014, 06:27:20 PM »
I would imagine that any reasonable offer for all or part of the race car package would be seriously entertained by Tim Rochlitzer's son Brad and Brian.

As to the reliability of the car, there is little question, that the new owner will have the benefit of decades of exceptionally astute knowledge, design and build execution. Doubtless there are as many people who might recall as though that never knew Tim Rochlitzer was the youngest person ever to be appointed launch director at Vandenberg AFB. Rockets were the man's business, not just a cute name for a belly tanker.  The Raspberry Rocket will keep you safe, it was built and maintained by a guy who put both of his son's in the seat and the 2Club with confidence. Ask Chuck Small or Matt Williams what they think of the car, bothe have worked on and have driven the rocket.

Offline mike f

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2014, 08:56:20 PM »
Hi to all: I overhauled and race prepped the transmissions for Tim.  They are Nash 2+2 with drop gears.  They have banded synro rings and torque lock sliders.  If any one has questions about them feel free to call me.  Tim is a class person and I hope this helps.  Mike  MFPerformance.  715-462-3817

Offline Freud

« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2014, 10:04:53 PM »
The Rocket was built by the same fellow that built the lakester that Seth Hammond crashed.

He survived in excellent shape.

Adequate credentials?

I think so.

FREUD
Since '63