Author Topic: Salt Condition ?  (Read 23272 times)

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
Re: Salt Condition ?
« Reply #30 on: August 03, 2014, 09:41:54 AM »
Hopefully someone will post on the SCTA homepage or this site for those of us that don't care to be part of the $12B ad campaign's profit line....
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
  • Blanding, Ut..a small dot in the middle of nowhere
    • http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/sumnerindex.html
« Reply #31 on: August 03, 2014, 11:03:13 AM »
Hopefully someone will post on the SCTA homepage or this site for those of us that don't care to be part of the $12B ad campaign's profit line....

I also hate FB but it is much easier to post there than to update a page on the SCTA site.  On (FB) about anyone can edit a page.  To post info on the SCTA site involves someone editing an existing page or creating a new one and then uploading it to their server which takes a lot more time and someone has to have more knowledge to do it.

My suggestion to Jon would be to open a Form on here (where the other forums are) that the SCTA could post announcements to but that would be locked to the rest of us so that it wouldn't be cluttered with replies that got off topic.  Then anyone that the SCTA hierarchy gives the password to could add info before, during or after SW or any other time of the year.  I think it would be a win-win for SCTA and us.

If they post on one of the existing B'ville forums their posting quickly gets lost as more and more replies about other topics are posted,

Offline jacksoni

« Reply #32 on: August 03, 2014, 11:24:28 AM »
What stainless and sumner said- x10
Jack Iliff
 G/BGS-250.235 1987
 G/GC- 193.550 2021
  G/FAlt- 193.934 2021 (196.033 best)
 G/GMS-182.144 2019

Offline 4-barrel Mike

• Any fool can drive a V8
« Reply #33 on: August 03, 2014, 12:30:58 PM »
TwitFace

Mike  :mrgreen:
Mike Kelly - PROUD owner of the V4F that powered the #1931 VGC to a 82.803 mph record in 2008!

Offline Peter Jack

« Reply #34 on: August 03, 2014, 12:45:31 PM »

Offline 4-barrel Mike

« Reply #35 on: August 03, 2014, 12:50:46 PM »
twitface = twitter + facebook
Mike Kelly - PROUD owner of the V4F that powered the #1931 VGC to a 82.803 mph record in 2008!

Offline Peter Jack

« Reply #36 on: August 03, 2014, 12:57:50 PM »
Ahhhhh! I now totally concur with your post.

Pete

Offline desotoman

« Reply #37 on: August 03, 2014, 01:27:51 PM »

I also hate FB but it is much easier to post there than to update a page on the SCTA site.  On (FB) about anyone can edit a page.  To post info on the SCTA site involves someone editing an existing page or creating a new one and then uploading it to their server which takes a lot more time and someone has to have more knowledge to do it.

My suggestion to Jon would be to open a Form on here (where the other forums are) that the SCTA could post announcements to but that would be locked to the rest of us so that it wouldn't be cluttered with replies that got off topic.  Then anyone that the SCTA hierarchy gives the password to could add info before, during or after SW or any other time of the year.  I think it would be a win-win for SCTA and us.

If they post on one of the existing B'ville forums their posting quickly gets lost as more and more replies about other topics are posted,

Sum,

Respectfully I disagree. The current SCTA president, along with many board members are registered members of this site. They like the rest of us can post whatever they would like. As we know it is very easy.

As far as a post getting hidden, I also have to disagree with you on that. I pretty much read every post that is posted and I know most registered users do also, as when they come on they go to their unread posts. If someone is not receiving the information they need from this site, then I suggest they register as a member of this site and keep up to date.

Tom G.

I love the USA. How much longer will we be a free nation?

Asking questions is one's only way of getting answers.

The rational person lets verified facts form or modify his opinion.  The ideologue ignores verified facts which don't fit his preconceived opinions.

Offline desotoman

« Reply #38 on: August 03, 2014, 01:32:54 PM »

How true, good one Stainless.  :cheers:

Tom G.

The rational person lets verified facts form or modify his opinion.  The ideologue ignores verified facts which don't fit his preconceived opinions.

Offline Dynoroom

• Global Moderator
« Reply #39 on: August 03, 2014, 01:57:58 PM »
Standard hard headed racers....... hey the information is over here; I don't like it there...... I want it where I want it.

And if facebook is making billions in advertising and not charging me to be on their site who's the real loser? Good for them.

I'll take the path of least resistance to get the information I want......
Michael LeFevers
Kugel and LeFevers Pontiac Firebird

Without Data You're Just Another Guy With An Opinion!

Racing is just a series of "Problem Solving" events that allow you to spend money & make noise...

Offline kustombrad

• Project No Bucks '49
« Reply #40 on: August 03, 2014, 11:56:05 PM »
27 posts and none of them had anything to do with the salt conditions. Thank goodness for Facebook! :)

Offline racefanwfo

• jenks worlds fastest pitbull
« Reply #41 on: August 04, 2014, 12:37:32 AM »
From the SCTA home page

To All Speed Week Competitors:
Great News from the salt! We are still on weather watch for the next couple of days, but it looks like we made it through the worst of the storms this time.
The courses look to be in excellent condition. There is no standing water on any of the courses and they are all in good shape. Lots of good shutdown space on the courses and they will extend to 10 miles. It’s time to load up your gear and hit the road!
The salt is very thin in some places, but it is hard and smooth.
This will be a great event for all the really fast vehicles to do what they do best – GO FAST!
See you at Speed Week!
Regards,
Scott C. Andrews
SCTA President/Chief Timer
The speed that you wish to achieve is only limited by the depth of your wallet.

Offline sofadriver

« Reply #42 on: August 04, 2014, 01:29:32 AM »
From the SCTA home page

To All Speed Week Competitors:
Great News from the salt! We are still on weather watch for the next couple of days, but it looks like we made it through the worst of the storms this time.
The courses look to be in excellent condition. There is no standing water on any of the courses and they are all in good shape. Lots of good shutdown space on the courses and they will extend to 10 miles. It’s time to load up your gear and hit the road!
The salt is very thin in some places, but it is hard and smooth.
This will be a great event for all the really fast vehicles to do what they do best – GO FAST!
See you at Speed Week!
Regards,
Scott C. Andrews
SCTA President/Chief Timer

Thank you.
Mike in Tacoma

"aww, what the hell - let's just do it".............

Bike #833
100cc A/G, A/F and APS/G (in 2019)

Offline 4-barrel Mike

« Reply #43 on: August 04, 2014, 01:42:43 AM »
Looks as if when you're "SCTA President/Chief Timer" it's not TOO hard to get updates posted on the SCTA site.  :mrgreen:
No offense intended for anyone who might have suggested otherwise.  :cheers:

Thanks, Scott (and racefanwfo).

Mike

Offline desotoman

« Reply #44 on: August 04, 2014, 02:30:15 PM »
http://www.scta-bni.org/pdf/2014/SpeedWeek%20Course%20Condition%20Report%20080414.pdf

Tom G.

Bonneville Speed
Week Course Condition Report
8/4
/2014
Salt Report Monday 8AM:
The
Bonneville Salt Flats are still dry. There is precipitation in the area but the salt flats have avoided any
moisture. A few sprinkles passed through Wendover this morning and a bit was seen at the end of the road, but
it should be gone by noon.
With con
tinued weather in the area, we will be posting a condition report this
afternoon as well. Stay tuned.
As seen in the picture below, the land surveyor is setting the accurate mile marks to the sub
-
centimeter!
Also, Russ Eyres and Don Key are doing
a salt thickness survey. Russ does this every year and he keeps accurate
readings from the same positions

Regards,
Scott C. Andrews
SCTA
Presiden